What went so horribly wrong?

What went so horribly wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/170113833
twitter.com/AnonBabble

- In the big scene where the two teams fight, they are constantly reassuring each other that they are best friends and joking
- the jokes keep killing the tone of fight for me.
- Most of the characters in the fight are there for no reason at all. It's like Royal Rumble where some famous wrestlers come do their spot and go away. This makes the fight totally unbelievable and pointless to me.
- All the interesting ideas about vigilantism and oversight are brushed off for some shitty macguffiny type serum shit.
- Who the fuck is bucky and why the fuck should i care about him? I will not care for him just because captain america cares for him.

One of them should have died at the end, before it was revealed that they have been set up by Zemo

This would have made it all the more tragic.

When Cap sent his letter to Iron Man basically telling him, he'll be there when he needs him, I felt nothing actually happened in this movie, the stakes haven't changed a bit. Everything is exactly the same as it was at the beginning of the movie. Except Rhody's now disabled. Wow.

Ironically I have the exact same problem with BvS which was a very similar premise as Civil War. Even very similar down to whole rich boy's mommy and daddy died part. But instead BvS killed off one of the main characters, when both of them should have lived. That should have started the Justice League and they kill Supes off. What are you faggots even thinking?

I liked both of these movies, but they both did something fundamentally wrong at the end: They both did what the other movie should have done instead.

Nail on the end. There is never any tension when they are fighting. Almost feels like they are sparring or practicing.

No context for why Antman or Hawkeye sides with Captain America either.

>When Cap sent his letter to Iron Man basically telling him, he'll be there when he needs him, I felt nothing actually happened in this movie, the stakes haven't changed a bit. Everything is exactly the same as it was at the beginning of the movie. Except Rhody's now disabled. Wow.

This.

At no point feel like there are any stakes.

>At no point feel like there are any stakes.
Just like any Marvel film then?

When you got time to quip every 2 attoseconds while fighting bad guys, you know you are in no real danger.

I thought the Russos were going to redeem the franchise but it seems they just dumbed it down even more.

its a poor story which is just a connection to the next film. The whole thing with these and star wars is theyre on a never ending conveyor belt and the fans wear rose tinted sunglasses eating it up on toast.

Reasonable, sensical responses like this will trigger the autistic teenagers that slither along this board.

Making it Avengers 2.5

Generally lazy overall.

that poster is so bad

both sides have perfect rival characters that should have been facing each other. It's obvious Cap vs Tony, but the background characters don't match

Obviously Black Widow and Hawkeye should be facing each other, because of their history in the previous movies

Bucky was accused of killing Black Panther's father in this movie, and BP goes out of his way to try and assassinate Bucky until he knows the truth, they should be facing each other on the poster

Vision and Scarlet Witch: Vision was born from the guy who killed SW's brother, and they obviously have some kind of relationship and conflict in the movie, they should be facing each other on the poster

Rhody and Falcon are the respective black token side kick of the main protagonists, they should be facing each other on the poster

what kept ya?

>I'm too dumb to use my words

This looks about right

Fuck you. All of the posters for this film were created by graphic designers with the hands of gods.

OP never mentioned BvS or X:A
Why would you post this?

Is your opinion about a movie determined by what "critics" say? How about using your own brain and judgment for once?

If your brain ever secreted an original thought, please share it with us.

They fucked up the story.

Civil war should have been introduced at the final phase of Marvel movies , if there is even one.

Even after Infinity War.

Infinity war is the wanky, cameo-ridden fantasy take on Marvel.

Then Civil War comes after Marvel gets a hold on the X-Men and the whole mutant thing.

Civil war should have been the last chapter, with Captain America dying.

As for the film, it was terrible and boring. No stakes, empty, nonsensical, with a fabricated, pushed plot

>Somehow Winter Soldier killed Tony's parents and only now we know about it and only now he has trouble with that

Also it subverts the characters. Captain America is a true patriot that will fight against his own nation to defend its peoples freedoms (the freedom to not be registered as a mutant). In the film he's just Bucky's boyfriend

Iron Man is the fake patriot who is a celebrity but when things happen he sides with corporate america and big lobby powers to register mutants (In the film he's just a flimsy fuckboy slightly troubled by the murder of his parents)

Comics civil war was better

Nothing, just plebs that can't understand true kino when they see it.
The behavior of Ant-Man, Hawkeye, SW and Falcon during the fight was intentional, supposed to represent blind following. It's also a jab at the previous Avengers movie, because in both movies they didn't took the conflict seriously, but what happens here?
They end up getting imprisoned for putting their noses here, for not being capable of taking seriously a world-threating event like the releasing of five supermen.

I don't know, but I dozed a slightly during a couple of times in this movie, and overall found it pretty forgettable. My favorite scenes were all Paul Rudd.

way better than boring soldier , probably the best marvel movie made. I don't get why people hate on it

Damn, 100% this.

And i forgot
People cannot take characters with flaws and subversions. This movie is for these people, this is where we see the egoistical sides of these characters.
That's why most of the Cap supporters that went to see the film are now Tony supporters.

>Comics civil war was better
sweet christ I'm leaving Sup Forums. going for a walk

>the epic battle between the two factions is a big ass product placement for a German airline company

See you in 10 minutes, faggot.

Cap sure was a fucking bitch in this movie.

I think they wasted a precious opportunity about making it a political film with the patriot vs corporativist theme.

I honestly think capeshit is so utterly bad it's beyond redemption.

To make a good capeshit they will now have to reboot the universe or make it happen in an alternate capeshit reality.

>- All the interesting ideas about vigilantism and oversight are brushed off for some shitty macguffiny type serum shit.

Wasn't that the start? It's brushed off for muh Bucky

are not these movies targeted literally at 7 year old boys? that probably the first thing that went wrong

I'll explain it to you. TWS was a better movie because the executives didn't care about Cap after the box office bomb TFA was.
Fuck off.

D I S N E Y
I
S
N
E
Y

an asston of an entire comic series was stuck in one movie

>its a console wars thread

Someone hasn't read Civil War.

Pretty much none of comic Civil War was used in the movie except for the some of the characters showing up.

That's a plus for this movie since CW was ass, the new plot with Zemo isn't exactly Agatha Christie-tier.

>they didn't even have the balls to kill of rhodey or a major player

something tells me Feigi got too involved toward the end of the movie and wanted Super Best a Friends.

>pretend comic book fans making up excuses for a horrendous film
I fucking hate modern teenagers. You're all dickheads.

it was so entertaining action and humor wise, that i only realized at the end how bad the story was

Can we leave mothers out of capemovies now pls, I think we're covered for the rest of the century, my god that was retarded

Problems:

It failed to make Captain America's side of the argument credible. Why shouldn't people with the power of a large army have oversight? Several of those german police officers would probably be in wheelchairs the rest of their life now.

Too many people in the fight with no real view on the main argument (Ant-man being the worst)

The final act of the film made the film drag. After the big adrenaline fueled confrontation the 2 vs 1 on ironman felt underwhelming, especially with the non-commital "kinda draw but iron man probably came off better" outcome.

Towards the end? What's the excuse for the rest of the movie?

They should have kept Bucky as The Winter Soldier for a couple more movies. Maybe even had a solo movie that shows us more of Hydra and their villains.

I watched TWS again the other day and Bucky is so much cooler in Hydra gear being Bad.

>HURRRRRRRRRRRRR

It started of Russo Brothers-esque. Then started diving into campy Marvel controlled territory.

It's a shame because The Winter Soldiers tone and feel was great. It's like Cap sending Tony a love letter at the end and Tony doesn't even rip it up or anything.

They should have killed off a Cap and Tony and brought them back for Infinity War with a Time Gem/Stone whatever.

Nothing, true kino where there's no good guy or bad guy and everyone has understandable and reletable motivations, unlike Batman V Plotholes where no one has any motivations at all, just give up DCuck.

>patriot vs corporativist theme.
Yeah, but still retains the "old fashioned vs new & advanced" theme from the previous Cap movies, the twist being that Cap isn't right all the time. This made the fanboys upset, because it's not what they expected, they wanted Cap to be on the right side while Tony plays the cartoonish bad corporative that he was in the original comic.

the promos were better than the actual movie

vimeo.com/170113833

>mfw marvelcucks pretend their flicks are good

I hope, for your own sake, that you're no older than 14.

Don't stoop to their level.

>Everything could be solved while people sitting arround the table
>Action Scene- Bureaucracy- Action Scene- Bureaucracy- Action Scene- Bureaucracy- Action Scene
>Characters have no decent reason to be arround
>Nothing in the end matters and well Rhodey's crippled

>t. ironfag

Iron Man and War Machine should have died.
>At least fucking War Machine like wtf

Well put.

WHATEVER DCHOMO
WE WON
YOU LOST

Also, it should be noted that most of the characters of the movie are driven by emotions rather than logic, and how this philosophy fucks them up:
>The colonel refuses to tell Zemo about the Mission report and remains loyal til the end. This is what kills him and that makes Zemo kickstart the events of the movie.
>Cap morals and ideals are put to test by Zemo when Bucky is dragged into the conflict. He chooses his mistaken and outdated sense of camaradeire and damages The Avengers reputation.
>What drives Tony to chose the pro-reg side and act like a crying child in the final fight are emotions.
>Vision and Wanda arc revolves around this, and ends up in a tragic way.
>Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Spider-Man pick their side based on friendship and fanboyism without giving a shit about the conflict. The former two end up imprisoned, away from their families. We will see what happens to Peter now that he chosed Tony as his mentor.
>Zemo's motivation to break the Avengers.
Black Panther turns out to be the only one that realizes how illogic the whole thing was. We will see how much he progressed in his solo movie.

They are all friends and don't want to kill each other. This is Caps trilogy and Buck has been part of that since the first 10 minutes.

Sick and tired of you millennials thinking death and rape are the only things that qualify as stakes. Go watch Mortal Kombat and get emotional when Johnny Cage dies if tropes are your thing.

Hawkeye literally says he owes Wanda a debt.

90% of Spidey's dialogue is bad. Raimi and Sony got it right, yet Marvel couldn't get his usual smart ass language down?

Tony basically pulled a Martha near the end. Even worse because we see him mellow out and be ready to reconcile (plus he's a genius in all kinds of ways, he shouldn't have been hot headed so easily).

That's it, really.

Black Panther movie is the only one I look forward too now, fuck the rest.

They've meme'd up Cap too much. And Wakanda is a refreshing as fuck location. I'm sick of buildings falling down and sky lines. It's fucking boring. Fuck.

German Lex Luthor had 5 Doomsdays and he shot them all.

When will they reveal that Peggy Carter was actually Tony's real mother?

oh look another thread where capefags meme at each other for two hours.

Civil War really needed a gut wrenching shocking death, like in BvS. We are all on the edge of our seats wondering if Superman will ever be back, or just relegated to cameos on Supergirl, which basically got canceled. And Tony should have got hit in the head with a LITERAL kitchen sink as an analogy for how try-hard their shit sandwich is.

Everything is wrong with that dumb franchise, disney keep lowering the bar and idiots eat it all up and become stupider and arrogant.

>This thread

>Insecurity
Use your words, user.

Renner said slut. Not Evans, dumbass.
>not enjoying both

Essentially this.

>

Ant-Man was there because from his perspective the world was at stake.

And it fits with the "Friendship/emotions over logic"

Because nothing of consequence ever happened the movie felt boring and kinda muted in terms of execution. You can tell that it's just another marketing schtick to play off of a major comic book event and draw in larger crowds with the big epic fight. Which is fine if the fight was any good and not just stupid. Here we have a movie about mitigating collateral damage and then we have some epic parking lot fight where heroes do billions in property damage. This movie only served to introduce a list heroes in almost the same silly way BBS did.

Maybe I just don't like comic book movies anymore but I was just bored watching it. Everything felt bland.

How? He saw his mom get killed and his dad get his face bashed in vs HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT NAME

>Expecting me to fight memes with words instead of more memes

the fuck you mean ?
It is one of the better capeshit flicks.

>90% of Spidey's dialogue is bad. Raimi and Sony got it right, yet Marvel couldn't get his usual smart ass language down?
Confirmed for not watching the movie
This was literally the best Spider-Man on screen to date.

>It is one of the better capeshit flicks

D R O P P E D

Nothing. It was fine.

A daring synthesis

Nothing

It was capekino

>This was literally the best Spider-Man on screen to date.
you totally convinced me

Well that was easy

please be joking

>looking for shit that isn't there

Pee
In
Jars

They harped on about the Avengers being out of control, then they bombed an airport for fun.

>Citation needed

>first scene is iron man blowing up cars to stop them from running.

I laughed when this happened.

kek

>It's a fat virgins having capeshit consolewar faggotry disputes episode

Is there a worthwhile version of Civil War around?
When's the blueray coming out?

that would be neat

this

the tumblr butthurt was (is?) hilarious
>baww it wasn't even a Cap movie
>bawww Tony got the emotional arc
fucking kek

Every time I see someone post a Chris Evans reaction pic I wonder how ugly and insecure they must be in real life.

I don't get it. You have a problem?