What did Sup Forums think of this? i totally missed the leak but just through it and it's fucking fanastic...

what did Sup Forums think of this? i totally missed the leak but just through it and it's fucking fanastic. the title track is perfect.

got through* fantastic*

alright i'm also a little stoned

Queen of the losers is my new favorite xiu xiu song. This album is incredible

what band is the guy on The Call from? doesn't he have his own intentionally obnoxious metal band?

It's their best in a long time, great return to form imo. Wondering is a 10/10 pop song.

album of the year so far by far

damn it's rare that i agree with the majority of Sup Forums on an album

didn't really like it, too poppy

This album is perfection. The production and songwriting are magnificent.

best xiu xiu album in years IMO

yo what's with the ending? and is that thor harris banging on them tubes?

Its Daveed Diggs from clipping. and Hamilton fame.

AOTYSF. listened to this and the new King Gizzard today at work. good day.

Very possibly, though Angel Guts grew on me quite a lot.

Get Up has spectacular build up, Wondering is of course phenomenal. Jenny GoGo sounds like an AG:RC b-side (not a bad thing)

Only played through a few times, still deciding what I think.

probably gonna be my AOTY t b h

Get Up is so amazing and simple

Yeah, AOTYSF for me as well. Petite is surprisingly human and touching for a xiu xiu song. Get Up literally gives me goosebumps when all the instruments explode at the end

it's good. better than angel guts I suppose. it hasn't really grabbed me outside of a few really attention grabbing moments though. i find myself drifting off and not really paying attention to it a lot and i've listened 10 times already

>mfw this might be better than A Promise

lmao

no. not in the slightest

not even close. don't jeopardize my favorite album like that

Well, I dunno.

I feel like Xiu Xiu are gonna pull a swans here. They're reflecting on all of their experiments throughout the years in order to create a really holistic, impressive culmination of their efforts. A Promise certainly isn't there yet, but it shows sooo so much potential. Their opus could be yet to come.

A Promise has the advantage of being the most Xiu Xiu of the Xiu Xiu records. It's also the most bold, experimental, and iconic.

*meant to say FORGET certainly isn't there yet

>gonna pull a swans

they're gonna become bloated, insufferable trash?

wouldn't go that far but this is really damn good

watch your mouth user

glad that we're all in agreement at least that the band has put together a really consistent and enjoyable project, regardless of how it ranks with their others

absolute shit

not joking, the same shit as A Promise

the veneer has worn off, it's not avant-garde, it's just shit

The ending is pretty stupid.

Can I listen to Xiu Xiu even if I'm not gay

no, faggot

ALL HAIL
QUEEN OF THE LOSERS

bisexual is fine

no but I can fix that real quick