How do we fix True Detective?

How do we fix True Detective?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vt67YwRx1T8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We don't. Season 1 was only halfway decent because it was rewritten over the course of many years before development. Season 2 sucked because they had to write it and film it in less than a year. The writing staff on board is obviously shit.

kick pizza, bring back jap

Bring back the director of S1. Make S3 a new story with new characters in new locales with new themes. Not the direct sequel to S1 that fanboys want. Don't have 4 main characters fighting for screen time, that shit is dumb.

This.

>How do we fix True Detective?

You can't

>season 2 wasn't as good
the call of the pleb

/thread

the call of a hipster contrarian oxygen-deprived retarded manbaby

This with developing a proper script over a course of 2 years.

They say a bird in the hand is wort two in the bush ray, well if she keeps two in her bush ill keep the bird in my hand.

Have characters more than
>I'm gay
or
>muh vagina

Have the plot be about more than sex parties that are pretty tame desu senpai

Season 2 was disgrace/10

Get a different major crime writer in every season, and make it into HBO's crime anthology series. What would Geroge Pellecanos' True Detective look like? Don Winslow? James Ellroy? Get the juicy names in and let each one write their own 8-episode pulp story.

Pizza is done. I liked S2 more then most but it's clear that whatever he had to say with TD is gone, a clean break would be better for everybody.

>mfw pizza thinks he's a good writer
the hacks that butchered star trek do a better job than him

that 'za looks delicious

It's weird when you look at her, and you can't imagine her being the same woman as the one in Time Traveller's wife, or About Time

She was great in TD. I know everyone praised Farrell, but she deserves just as much. Pizza gave her lines just as ridiculous if not even more so and she never cracked.

>>mfw pizza thinks he's a good writer

MFW you think that with your fucked up grammar your opinions of writers should matter.

give the writers more time to develop a proper story. pizzalini had all the time in the world to create the first season but significantly less time to make the second season.

bring back corey fuckunigga, too.

english is not my first language you pleb. american is

>your
you're*

>doesn't know how to green-text
opinion discarded

Give pizza some time to write a season and assign JUST ONE director to do it.
Reminder that season 2 had good moments
youtube.com/watch?v=vt67YwRx1T8

anyone else here think the whole "he needs more time" thing is just an excuse for bad writing? how much more time does a person need to write eight episodes of tv? he had well over a year. the first season of TD was an anomaly. the chemistry between the actors was phenomenal and made up for some cringe-worthy dialog and really dumb plot devices - remember when Cohle went full ninja? yeah, the real talent behind TD was Fukunaga, the actors, and, then Pizz.not to mention Ligotti, Morrison, and Moore. just saying.

The initial plot line for season two was scrapped a few months in and he started over.

"Your" was possessive in both cases, and properly used. Learn to grammar police correctly, dipshit.

>Giving a fuck about green-text
>Fucks, still not given

more like the initial idea he had, not any plot line. something he mentioned in an interview as a soundbite and quite possibly had no intention of following upon. plus, we're none of us privy to his work ethic or how much time and effort he put into it. all we can do is regard his work as is. the writing for the second season was rather bad in nearly every aspect. there are a couple of wonderful moments, though, but the bad and cliched outweighs the good. i hope he returns swinging and shuts his critics up regarding his talent, myself included. however, judging from the trailers of his new film, well, i doubt that will happen soon.