>Wasn't expecting to like this
Surrrrrrrrre

i expected to love it and hated it

I expected to hate it and hated it

No album with cover art like that is going to be good

the album title literally has "art" in it

the first song is literally called "not being normal"

grimes entire career is a parody of the 2000s indie pop/art rock scene

Not a grimesfag and I had the same experience, didn't like Visions though.

>judging music by the song titles

This album is garbage and you're still a retarded pleb

Yes, it's cringey, but personality aside a lot of the songs there are great.

Why do you think it's garbage?

fucking shameless.

take back Sup Forums

sounds too glossy and overproduced, lyrics are either banal or saccharine, fan base doesn't help my perception of it either

5/10 IMO.

That Janelle Monae feature was wasted.

>sounds too glossy and overproduced, lyrics are either banal or saccharine,
>not liking good pop music

>fan base doesn't help my perception of it either
>influenced by fanbases

(You)

but it's the opposite of overproduced

It definitely has a lot of technical gloss but it's punchy and dynamic in all the right places. It may not be the perfect album but it's definitely a joy to listen to.

That's because I said all there is to say about the music itself. It too is a parody of the 2000s indie pop scene. There's absolutely nothing compelling about it, and I have to assume only teenagers that are too young to have been around then would like it.

You're a hipster that Grimes mentioned it on this album. This album is not for you.
>You only like me when you think I'm looking sad
>I didn't think you'd end up treating me so bad

Yeah right. Of course you expected to hate it, you're a fucking grimeshater.
>No album with cover art like that is going to be good
>judging albums by their cover like a massive pleb
I bet you didn't even listen to it.

how is the music itself a parody of the 2000s indie pop scene?

This

Bullshit. Her music is genuine, there's nothing ironic about it. Parody is in your dumb head. FYI she likes pop music unironically.

>shameless
Fuck Grimes aka SJW Elvis

it sounds like a mashup of all the cliches of the time. "eclectic", wide influence, "off-beat". teens will say nothing else sounds like it but that is no longer a novelty and is boring and expected at this point. I don't know, it's weird to describe.

Neither did I. I normally avoid anything related to current pop music at all costs (sicne 95% of it is crap, by definition) but I felt compelled after going through - and loving - her earlier music. Glad I did, since it now stands as one of my favorites.

>There's absolutely nothing compelling about it, and I have to assume only teenagers that are too young to have been around then would like it.
Just because it's pop it doesn't mean it's not good. You must be a really dull neckbeard autist that hates fun music.

Name a specific cliche and similar songs.

>Just because it's pop it doesn't mean it's not good.
the fuck? when did I say that?

Some day you should stop critiquing music with your eyes and start actually listening to it with your ears.

>I have to assume
Pro-tip: people who assume things tend to make asses out of themselves.

It's absolutely a masterpiece

You implied that:
>There's absolutely nothing compelling about it, and I have to assume only teenagers that are too young to have been around then would like it.

Her music is not simplistic pop. Proof: plebs like you struggle to understand it. You're unable to get into her music.

moar distraction

moar nonsense

yeah, i can tell youre underage by this idealist bullshit

you make an ass of yourself by assuming, like when you assume its better to stay away from a guy in the dark alley thats looking down while mumbling incoherently and is holding something in his pocket?

right with you man, i got u

her music is simplistic pop

thats not why its bad though

well, its not "bad', but it is very boring. uncompelling and lukewarm to me. like its alright i guess? i dont hate it but i dont see how anyone could really like it either

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

>if you dont like someone, just say mention "strawman" or "buzzwords" or any other dismissive and very broad/general term that you dont necessarily even know the meaning of

>yeah, i can tell youre underage by this idealist bullshit
Wanna know how I can tell you're underage (at the very least mentally, if not physically)? By your inability to form even a single properly formatted sentence.

Seems I'm right about the ass part as well.

>moar distraction
>moar nonsense

You lowered the status of all "assumptions" to one where your immediate life is in danger and then refuted that while taking the focus away from you superficially judging an artist instead of engaging with their works

AKA

a classic strawman

10/10 album