Alright I'm 22 and i want to buy a gun (State of Iowa/Laws)...

Alright I'm 22 and i want to buy a gun (State of Iowa/Laws), what do i need to do to meet the requirement; y'alls standard for someone to own a gun?

You dont need shit

>>/k/

Carry hard gun/pistol*

If your serious /b is the last place you wanna go for advice on guns.

>your
>/b

You walk into the gun store and give them money. Then you walk out with a gun. That is...assuming you have a valid Iowa driver's licence/ID card and can pass the background check that takes about 15 minutes.

couple first things to think of.
are you going to be carrying it at all, or is it going to stay in your house. if you are carrying it, will it be open, or concealed. do you have a concealed carry permit?
do you have expirience shooting guns in the past?
what caliber are you looking for?
what size handgun are you looking for? (compact, sub compact, full size, etc.
and what is your price you are looking to spend.

Sup Forums slogan for safety.
>Sup Forums is the last place you wanna go f9r advice.

> get a concealed permit
> get a gun
> carry it
> make sure its concealed

like he knows any of that yet lol

Op* Concealed
No permit yet
Yes experience
I don't know what size I want
(Cheapest rounds? )

if you are going to carry it, get 9mm. standard fmj ammo is about 20cents/rd, cheaper than 40sw and .45. 22lr is fun and cheap but not suitable for carry/defense. you will want to look at subcompact and/or single stack configurations as they are best for concealed carry

Yup, 9mm is your best bet for reasonable price practice.

Go to a fun store and ask to handle a couple subcompact 9mms. Find one that fits your hand. my first gun had a tiny grip and made me hate shooting it.

get your paperwork going for your concealed. iowa is a shall issue state so it wont take much. have you looked at any recently? what have you shot, what are you comfortable with shooting? do a little research on basic ballistics of different caliber bullets. there are plenty of videos and articles on ballistics. if youre looking for cheap ammo, 9mm is fairly priced where i am.
obviously you are not going to be carrying a full size, unless you plan to do so in winter and it will be under a jacket, if thats the case, and youre most comfortable with then by all means. but since its your first handgun and you will be carrying, id stick with a compact model, i wouldnt go into subcompact. until you have the feel of carrying a gun, and shooting it regularly. i used to own a shield in 40. loved carrying it, but it was just too small for my hands. i traded it for a shield 9c and am very happy with it. its just all about the feel of it. go to your local store, hold some, go to a range that rents them and shoot more. its meant to be there to save your life if you ever need it. make sure it is something you feel very comfortable shooting.

my sister has a ruger lc9, is too small for me. I have a XDS 9mm and it is perfect. big enough to be able to shoot it well but also very concealable.

Download a program called 'Tor'.
Google a website called Dream Market ( Ending in .onion).
Go to the Dream Market/
Register, log in.
Get bitcoin.
Buy a gun.
Once it arrives, all you'll need to do is go into your
local police station and wave it around and
demand a gun license. You'll be helped faster if
you wear a ski mask and move around really quickly. Trust me OP. This is the most efficient process.

sounds reasonable

Note taken,thank you

can't buy a gun

id shoot my eye out

Kek

that's why you have 2 eyes

>ruger lc9
I have one of these, and big hands. I don't like it at all but resale value isn't even worth selling it.
>XDS
Kek I know what this is but I can't even read it without the XD jumping out at me.

yeah i saw some lc9s on sale for BF for like $200.

OP is kill. shot himself with a gun he doesnt even have yet. that's how dangerous guns are. RIP

Jesus they really do need to be banned.

Godspeed OP.

op really is kill. fuck.

op?

I AM CALLING THE FUCKING POLICE WHY IS THERE SUCH VIOLENCE ON MY Sup Forums

>carry
>fmj

holy shit no. 9mm yes, fmj no.

nevermind i cant read for shit u right not suitable AT ALL don't know why it was mentioned tho.

i was talking about ammo for general shooting/practice

he's saying 22lr isnt suitable for defense, but it is the cheapest.

Thank god I live in AZ

Fuck everyone else

but on the other hand some states clear you of all responsibility in acts of self defense, and if you're selfish you could justify FMJ for windshields/soft armor to save your own life over the risk it puts other at (:

Checked^ everyone run, the cops are comin

I'd say go out and buy yourself either a 9mm or a .40sw, they are both easy to fit into a tight budget. Get a handgun that you feel is comfortable to you and that you feel you could easily conceal with the cloths that you wear everyday.
After you have chosen and purchased your desired handgun, go to the store and buy a decent sized box of full metal jacket ammunition, however much you can afford on whatever budget you have.
Go to a local range or somewhere near you that it is legal and safe to shoot at and set up a target at about 10-15 yards or closer as this is about the range which your handgun is most effective and most encounters would be.
Practice Practice Practice, did I mention practice?
Once you are comfortable on your own with your handgun, go and take whatever certification class that your state says you need to conceal carry.

That should pretty much cover it

oh also you should go and buy some dedicated self defense rounds after you pass your certification, hollow points or soft points work.

also check my double dubs

OP is not that hard, it's not fucking rocket science.
-cheapest ammo for self defense?
9mm
-Best 9mm out there
*S&W mp
*Sig sauer p320
*Jericho 9mm
*CZ 75
*glock 19

OP should go for 9mm. HSTs are best defense rounds, dont settle for mediocre stuff to save your life someday

is it purely a CC gun? Sig p239

I'm a strong advocate of .40 as I believe the difference in stopping power has proved to be significant enough to take into consideration. Though 9mm handguns are both cheaper as well as firing cheaper ammunition, OP should do some research and decide for himself what he is comfortable with. I use Jacketed Hollow Points as my self defense round, not only do the pack a serious punch but they don't tend to pierce through targets

op wants cheapest ammo. in typical shorter barrel compact handguns, 40sw loses much of its edge over 9mm in capacity, performance, and in general 9mm has better shootability(such as recoil, follow up shots) especially for shooters without much experience.

>
just look in the mirror, faggot.

This. .40 feels good to fire as someone who shoots quite a bit, but stopping power is legitimately a meme. If you're actually concerned about self defense, follow-through is the most important thing and a 9mm will almost always outperform a .40 on that front. Shot placement > slightly higher calibre.

cont...
My full size pistols are 40sw, i like it and can shoot great with it but my edc is 9mm for reasons mentioned already. youre a retard if you willingly use fmj ammo for defense unless it is the only thing you have. but you can get good JHPs for not much more $ than fmjs so there's no excuse to settle on something that isnt the best to possibly save your life.

Agree on that sentiment. If you're not at a range, JHP 100% of the time. FMJ is dangerous and irresponsible and risks collateral damage cause no joke these things can go through people and weaker walls no problem. Plus since they don't splinter off, they're really bad for actually putting someone down.

Granted I'm not a cop and even tho I have a gun for defense I've never even close to needed it. Good thing since California's laws are fucked anyways and I'd probably get arrested for using it.

>cali
im sorry bro.
i keep all my guns loaded with jhp/defense rounds. when i go to the range I shoot those first, or at least some, then switch to fmjs. is reassuring to know that if i had to use that gun for defense it would have been ready and perform as needed.

bmp

Seriously the Cali struggle isn't even a meme. I have to keep my shit in a case on the way from the parking lot to the firing range because open carry is 100% illegal in California. Like, I'm not a hard core constitutionalist but how does that even happen.

God bless our Fuhrer Jerry Brown. I'm fairly liberal but this state is so fucked.

u need to move

Walk in, pay money, show ID, fill out form 4473. If you pass you walk out with gun. Iowa isn't a shit state.

In Missouri in a few weeks will be able to carry without a permit so that's nice.

>walk in
>fill out form
>show id
>wait for BGC to come back
>if pass, pay $
>get gun
fixd

bmp

are you a bubba
why do you feel the need to ever carry a gun
do you live in a shit hole
i live in studio city and have never felt ill at ease

prob bait but nah. As said:
Never needed it, but it's there. I just insist on carrying 'cause it's familiar. Most of my family is in law enforcement so I grew up around guns. Carrying is just part of owning a gun, user.

Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I'm not one of those gun nut dudes who's gonna be a hero during a robbery situation, though. Strictly for self defense.