This is so much more creative than the shit we get now

this is so much more creative than the shit we get now

The real Dragon Ball ended with the Freeza battle. Everything else from that point onwards is official fanfiction at best. The series became of parody of the real Dragon Ball. Even based Kubo, blessings be upon Him, knew he had to reset Bleach after Aizen.

why americans always suck the earlier season's dick so much?

i think you mean cell saga

fucking pleb

This fucker is right, the Cell saga was the beginning of the end...that shit was so good.

>mfw I liked GT because it continued on DBZ and showed us in the future of what all the heroes are now doing, some with families etc.
>tfw watching the comfy as fuck adventures of Pan, Trunks and Gil collecting the dragon balls.

Anyone who shits on GT pretends they're some huge DB fans who probably don't even own anything of Dragonball etc and pretend they're Japanese. Grow up.

Most people like GT, It's just the crazy weebfags that don't. Same with Faulconer. You can find evidence of this everywhere.

>i think you mean cell saga

the moment every sayan could turn super like it was nothing, the show became a parody of itself. dragon ball was dead after freeza.

agreed since gohan had the greatest moment of glory in that arc

It's some weird syndrome that people attach to the earliest entry they were exposed to and think it's the best. That's why Part 3 of JJBA is so loved, even though Jotaro has -10 charisma and it's villain of the week.

DBZ in general had shit pacing and GOKUWINSLOL.

Yeah the dragonball collecting is generally considered the best part, same with the dark dragons. It's the middle where it's a fucking slog to go through.
>super 17
>baby
>mfw

So, who else has been watching Super and thinks its fucking amazing?

Cell Saga, man. I read the manga as opposed to watching the show, and Cell is the last great saga.

The guy is a complete retard. Anyone sensible is gonna tell you it ends after DB. Everything afterwards is clearly out of place plot and humor wise. You can't just fucking replace the recurring villains with boss of the week villain aliums and tim etravel bullshit.

I thought the method to obtain SSJ4 was actually really clever and I like how the actual transformation itself stood out from the rest. GT had some good ideas just badly executed, say what you will about Super but the only thing I like about it so far is how Toriyama seems to be meshing early DB and DBZ together giving the sense of wonder and adventure it had.

>It's some weird syndrome

it's not a weird syndrome you dipshit. DBZ started in the late 80s. it became bad because it just did. it was one of the first long running shounen anime and had nothing to compare itself to and fix its mistakes.

At least GT tried to be the adventure revolving around gathering dragon balls. DBZ was nothing but a circlejerk compared to the original concept. Dragon balls literally became a completely irrelevant plot device instead of the holy grail of the series.

Actually, the official end of the canon story is when the dragon grants the first wish and Goku topples Pilaf's castle. Everything after that is fanfiction.

Which episode of that?

>DBZ was nothing but a circlejerk compared to the original concept.

wtf is that even supposed to mean ?

Maybe episode 11 or 12. I'm sure by 14 he's left to go see Master Roshi for training

True. Later episodes are enjoyable as well, though. Especially when you put on the nostalgia goggles.

>the official end of the canon story is when

turbo plebs. Cell was not bad but it was irrelevant and -evidently- a slippery slop for the show's progression, the battle with Vegeta and then Freeza were the completion of Goku's story.

Just a what if character masturbation with shoehorned villains that has barely any structure or coherent sense. It's undeniable that the plot got turned upside down after DB.

I've always liked Gundam more.

>can't make ss4 female saiyan in xenoverse

TORIYAMA I KNOW YOU DID THIS

I was being an extremist to make a point. Toriyama considered ending the series as far back as after the dragons first wish. He considered ending it a couple times in the Dragon Ball stories and a few more times in the Z part of the series.
I happen to like Buu and GT.

The whole series is DB. Leave your anime only cuckshed.

>baby
>bad

When the series ran on Toonami they ran out of dubbed episodes after the cell saga and the series went on repeat for a couple years. The later seasons weren't bad, they just aired when millenials stopped being interested in cartoons.

The Cell/Android saga is good up until the Cell games part. I refuse to believe that if Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, and Gohan couldn't have ganged up on Cell and defeated him. Especially when they had a full bad of senzu beans.

Of course we get the same 'I played around too long and lost my chance' stunt that Vegeta pulled a few episodes earlier.

>Toriyama considered ending the series

But he didn't and that was his problem. He didn't have any other shounen mangakas to learn from. It happens when you are a pioneer. But now Kishimoto and Kubo and Oda, all know the problems of a long running show and how tough it is to wrap up everything so they plan ahead.

The real story of Goku ends with Freeza.

>Pan and Uub get cucked for 12 episodes waiting for Goku to get a new power up and save the day
>Piccolo dies for no reason
It was just the shitty Super version of Resurrection F without Freeza.

>Kubo
>Oda
>Plan
Are you brain damaged?

I would've just had Goku die at the hands of Frieza, Gohan takes over and during the Cell games tournament, Goku reappears as a ghost helping him defeat Cell. That's it. Would've been that simple and made that last meeting between them more special.

>The real story of Goku ends with Freeza.
>oh hey guys there's this kingly emperor of the universe here and you've just defeated him
>THE END, nothing further happens
Do you even realize how this shit sounds? Once, you start exploring goku's origins, all that shit has to be explained, you can't just end after a prolonged fight with the big baddie. Ending on frieza would have made zero fucking sense. Same goes for ending it after SPACE FARING ALIEN OVERLORDS INVADE YOUR PLANET.
No. Just keep it contained on planet Earth and end it there.

>There are people in this thread right now who seriously don't think the King Piccolo Saga was the peak of the entire franchise.

Everything was so right with it. Every character had some point, even Krillin.

>gouf custom
>that scene in 8h ms team
>that glory

My nigga

I liked it up until everyone was able to transform into super saiyans. It was still fun to watch after Frieza. All of the supporting characters became useless Frieza. The mangas creation eventually led to Budokai Tenkachi 3.

I haven't watched Super. My nostalgia glasses aren't ready for another Dragonball binge.

>That's why Part 3 of JJBA is so loved, even though Jotaro has -10 charisma and it's villain of the week.
THIS

The kids becoming SSJ was the worst part, especially how mystical it all was supposed to be. Kind of ruins all of that.

Aside from the Black Goku saga it's fucking horseshit.

why was super saiyan 3 the best looking transformation in the series?

Me....
>great action scenes
>comfy family + friends episodes
>friends acting like idiots are actually funny..who knew ?

Buu saga is the best part of all of Dragon Ball. Every Dragon Ball anime is unwatchable shit after you've read the original comics. These are two undeniable facts.

>Once, you start exploring goku's origins, all that shit has to be explained

but they did that with RADITZ

because of Sean Schemmel / Mario CastaƱeda

Shonen things are not good.

only probably is King Piccolo's voice actor is fucking annoying. Seriously the laughing is too much. Every bit of dialogue starts with this guy laughing, even when he's getting his ass beat. I guess it's some 80s way of being menacing but it would have been better if he was more brooding and serious.

muh school girls
muh pedo lust

>it's a "Vegeta is le grumpy comic relief man who hates his pink shirt and not a monster who genocided countless planets and not once showed even the slightest regret" episode

But he does show regret. What do you want him to do wallow in his cuckshed like Yamcha?

>Killed billions and one of his allies (Nappa) and tried to kill his """friends""" multiple times
>Gets cucked by an alien Egyptian cat after he bitch slaps his wife

2.34 MB for that piece of shit

>Hokuto no Ken
>JJBA
>Not good

Laugh at this man

Agreed since the show actually "ends" in that saga unlike with Freezer

>It's a "lets have a laugh and a friendly warm up fight when the humanity is extinct in the future"

You mean "Anime fucking sucks"

Pretty much this. Seeing how Gohan is technique the main character, it'd be fitting.

Dubs confirm

I find the lack of lewdness in this new dragon ball disturbing.

What the fuck is "SSJ"?

dubs of wisdom

Super sayanjin junior.

Super Saiyan-jin, the technical correct way to say Super Saiyan.

It's essentially the oldest weeb activity on the internet, next to calling Pokemon characters by their japanese names.

>Laugh at this man
fufufu

Yes user, it's definitely pedophilia to be attracted to a 16 year old drawn character who does not even look like a real person.

These daytime shounen shows you people obsess over and equate with all anime make up a vanishingly small portion of it.

I never watched DBZ as a kid. Is it still worth watching for the first time as an adult?

You should watch Dragon Ball first.

I doubt it, and the original series alone has 300 episodes that were aired over the course of seven years or so.

yeah, frieza was known throughout the universe as the strongest

then they get back to earth and some hobo reject from a destroyed army is just all "lol invented androids that far surpass the previously strongest known being in the universe"

Science

DBGT had elements to create a great DG show. However it also had stupid shit like having Goku being a kid again and having goku god level status

No, but the original Dragon Ball is.
Arale too.

Bullshit. You can watch DBZ without knowing a lick of Dragonball.

The only thing I would recommend is watching the King Piccolo and Piccolo Jr. saga to know why characters treat King Piccolo's son as evil in the early arcs/movies.

was frieza stronger than his dad and bro? i never understood where they stacked up against each other

>goku god level status

?

he got his ass kicked several times

Oda's had these yonko arcs and other new world shit mapped out for years now faggot

Sure he did, pal.

is super worth watching? i got bored after the beerus fight, the filler in super is braindead as fuck

I believe his dad was stronger, but King Cold just liked to chill in the background and not be known so everyone only knew about Frieza. Cooler isn't technically canon as he only appears in the movies and GT but Cooler would be stronger than Frieza.

Sure, good luck knowing half the Dragonball Z's cast without knowing Dragonball.

> You can watch DBZ without knowing a lick of Dragonball.
Dumb fucking americans.

Most kids watched DBZ without watching Dragonball. It's not like you need to know all their backstories.

>most obese burger kids were cucked into watching DBZ first for absolutely no reason
FTFY

Oda is maybe the only long-running mangaka who doesn't seem to be making shit up as he goes along

>cooler
>stronger than frieza

frieza fought evenly with SSJ Goku for a while.
Cooler got rekt in like 2 minutes by SSJ Goku

Goku was stronger then. SSJs can be different strengths. Goku's base form was a lot stronger so his power got multiplied more.

Basically watch every Post-2008 DBZ movie and special, then read the manga-version of the tournament arc and you're basically caught up on Super. The newest arc in the anime Super is probably the first they give a shit animation/plot-wise.

Fuck off. Pretty much everything aside from the power system in DB becomes fodder in DBZ.

All you need to know is:
-The DBZ warriors are all Goku's insert friends, while characters introduced in DBZ(Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten) get the most screentime
-The only main female characters become insert wives while the forgotten(Baba, Launch, Puar, etc.) are barely shown in the series.

Heck, even the dragon balls themselves are reduced to a dues ex machina to revive characters. Heck in the Buu Saga, they skip the Dragonball hunt all-together, leaving the game version(Buu's Fury) to add the arc in.

he had just gotten back, he wasn't that much stronger. coolers final form was weaker than freizas but metal cooler was way stronger than mecha frieza

metal cooler BTFO ssj vegeta and goku and only lost because his hard drives were too small

>Basically watch every Post-2008 DBZ movie and special, then read the manga-version of the tournament arc and you're basically caught up on Super

what specials are there other than the movie beerus stuff and the ressurection f movie? i watched super until like episode 10 or 15 i forget. ill def cehck out that manga.

>heck

goku had zenkai activation after the frieza fight

yea i suppose. i still like to think frieza is stronger though but i guess not.

Super Sand Lesbian

The "Yo Son Goku and his friends return" and "Dragonball: Episode of Bardock" specials.

Apparently, the movies consider both specials as canon(despite how canon-breaking they are).

You don't have to watch them to know further plot details, but they do carry minor details that characters mention at certain parts.

so then why does frieza get the ruler of the universe title?

you mean every time? Never beat a villian other than frieza on his own

cooler and king cold don't give a shit about ruling planets apparently

Nah. The Cell Saga is the best Saga though.

Read the manga. The anime is snail-paced filler ridden shit. Toei a shit.

Also there's no DB and DBZ, that's an anime thing. Each arc is slightly more serious than the previous one and there're always time skips so saying there's one big change is stupid.

Cooler isn't canon.