I'm Canadian, had shit marks in highschool. What is a high paying job I could still get?

I'm Canadian, had shit marks in highschool. What is a high paying job I could still get?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYPAdB-KzbM
uacanada.ca/view.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If your not opposed to hard work. You could join the trades.

whats a good one?

depends on your province obviously. Crown companies are a good bet. also

>i fucked up in life, how can i get an easy pass
work for it you fucking faggot.

How long ago did you graduate? You know you can retake classes you failed or didn't do well enough in? And usually night school/continuing ed is graded much easier.
Barring that, become a cop.

moose ranger or start a beaver farm

Nah man you need at least a masters to work those jobs.
Maple wrangler, maybe - but that's a two-year college degree too.

Unless you are brown, Forget about a good job in Canada

Ypu forgot Maple Sucker, and Snowshoe Repairman

From Ontario, graduated 2 years ago, Had 70 average, and took academic courses.

HURRR pakis takin our jobs
KYS please

lol what are you saying bro

Define what's "high paying" to you OP.

100% this

Go be an Air Traffic controller dude.

NavCanada is hiring like crazy and the job is nowhere near as stressful as people think.

you can work as an IFR controller or a MF radio instead of a tower.

Potential to live anywhere in Canada plus great salary and benefits!

Pakis? I thought the asian colonies were more of chinese and japanese origin, like Hongcouver.

My father has done just about all trades best paying he said was core drilling also most fun

Honestly, with a 70 you could get into most community colleges. Tuition is low, and the programs are interesting and very specific (as opposed to Uni where you get a BA in whatever then you need to find out what the hell to do with it)
But like I said, low grad average isn't the end of it, you can still retake the classes you failed. Not too hard.
Then the more competitive programs are open to you.
What do you like to do other than post on a chinese basket weaving forum?

Samefagging

but i'm a pilot in Canada and they pay ATC way more than pilots, plus you get to sleep in the same bed every night.

This girl i knew was 25 she was ATC makin 100k a year, and her dad makes 250k a year as a supervisor for Area Control.

No degree required

Nah dude police are looking for Uni or college now, I'm an Ontario fag also your grades could've got you into a program even in UNI if you tried

Canada's hiring policy
If it's white it ain't right

youtube.com/watch?v=tYPAdB-KzbM

I was replying to the fag up there who said the Brown People are taking "all the jobs"
Dude probably lives in some post industrial shithole like London or Windsor and doesn't have the balls to move where there are actually jobs and not just meth and crippling depression.

I'm an IP Heavy Duty Mechanic in SK. I'm at 88k plus benefits. Its a little above a average, but you should be able to make $35 an hour easy.

I had an 82 average in HS.

I'm a pipe fitter. Union. It's good work stimulating. And I get to say I lay pipe for a living.

who do you get to clear the moose off the runway. what does that pay

Are you retarded? Toronto police services are 75% white....gtfo white cuck

Pretty much all I do is smoke weed. I"m trying to quit and start lifting. I really have no clue what I want to do. My dream is basically to stop smoking weed all day every day, get swole, and then travel the world.

from what i just read becoming an Air traffic controller is really competitive.

>shit marks
Nobody is gonna hire someone that can't wipe properly, user

Well young man, I'm not sure what Sup Forums can do to help you achieve your dream of being a swole world traveller.
There are work abroad deals with Aus and NZ. My cousin did river raft guiding and he fucking loved it, plus that's a job that you can pick up and live wherever there's a river raft company.
Do you enjoy the great outdoors?
Also stop smoking weed. It will kill whatever motivation you have. I know from experience.

Alright I'll look into it. Whats your salary?

Dude that's not a crazy idea, just eliminate all things that make you want to smoke, join a gym and maybe a sport make money and travel.

yea I've been trying for a while now, but all my friends smoke weed.

you can get into half of Ontario's universitys in any social sciences or humanities major with a 70 average. shit, you can get some university psychology classes with a 65 average. and even if you don't get in, you take do these programs where you take a few uni classes until you can prove you can be a full time student. don't give up op. go to school.

already joined a gym,I play basketball. Just dont know what to do for work

Lol you're crazy dude, not right now and not in Canada.

They just started paying people 30k a year to go through the training because they are so in need. NavCanada has been paying overtime out the ass and they are desperate for Controllers!

Not the same guy, but are you retarded? TPS actively hires less suitable candidates as long as they're a visible minority.

A black woman is guaranteed the job regardless of her education so long as she's not thousands of dollars in debt and has a clean background.

A white man must have a college or university education, be free of all debt excluding student loans, perform very well in the physical testing and basically ace the psych test.

TPS isn't looking for white people. Period.

A...are people actually thinking that because a country isn't 100% white it will not function at all and will be somehow overtaken?

Come to alberta and frac. Things are on the upswing. Right now could probably pull 75-100k a year.

Im pretty sure welding, and certain specialized welding like underwater, is some of the highest paid work you can get without a college degree. You just have to pay for training to get certified.

I'm curious, are you working in the field? And if so, where?

No i'm a pilot, but I have a lot of ATC friends.

The plus, I see posts on facebook everyday about how NavCanada is hiring ATC. My friend even offered to refer me because you have an accelerated entry.

I definitely plan on doing ATC if I can't maintain my Pilot Medical anymore.

How much for the certification or courses?

So where are your friends doing ATC? I'm in Calgary and curious if there's someone here who I could chat with and pick their brain.

You could prolly be a doctor. They make pretty good money.

For ATC?

It's free NavCanada pays for everything. On top of that they pay you 30k/a year while you're training in winnipeg.

Pilot license cost me 50k canadian but I have a great job now. Will probably move on to Air Canada or Westjet Shortly.

My friends do ATC in Thunder Bay, Sioux Lookout and Winnipeg.

On top of that they have a self funded leave program, which is where they'll withold x percent of your salary and you can use that to pay your salary while you take a year off or whatever.

Thanks for the info I'll go and see about taking it

Huh. I'm interested in this because I recently sustained an injury that prevents me from doing my previous job.

Any clue as to how I'd get a hold of someone that could either guide me along or at least give me a heads up on what to expect?

So fucking true. There is a hijab wearing bitch now on the Canadian News...so fucked up. They are taking over.

all new officers get stuck in Jane and Finch.

Checked

I'm a US fas so I don't know how it will convert. But my local hall pays journeymen 52.47 plus annuity pension Healthcare and vacation fund.

So work depending yearly salaries change. I have been working a couple months of 7 days 12 hours. In two months I brought home just over 30k.

There's a lot of potential in the trades. And pipe fitting there's tons of work cause they are always putting in a pipeline somewhere.

No degree required? Wut? Do you have link ?

Welding is tits that what I do for the pipefitters.

man i honesly could not work 12 hour days

Im interested in doing this, not op but also Canadian. Im à fucking hard worker and im used to doing 12 hor shifts. What do i look up?

Harsha I thought that too... the hours are not too bad. I live about 2 hours from work to so with commute it was almost 16 hours. But industrial work is slow paced so 12 hours felt like 8. And seeing the check at the end of it made it worth it. Bringing home 4k+ a week.

I used to think the same thing, but it gets easier over time.

You'll want someone at home to take care of the homestead though. I don't think I could have done it without the wife doing all the stupid little errands for me. Just not enough hours in the day.

Sup Forums lurker
pays in keks
but keks must be provided

uacanada.ca/view.php

I sucked in hs. Pulled up my socks in uni. Now I'm in engineering.

>its all in your head OP.

Just ask some friends that have jobs roofing or flooring, construction maybe.

I've been doing flooring for 3 years now, had no clue about any of it but i had a good friend that got me the job. Went under his wing for about 4 months and learned everything pretty quick, started at 13 an hour and now im upto 20 and training a close friend of mine that needed a job.

As long as you're willing to learn and do the work its not bad. Also i dont even have my gr12 so theres that.

Do I need prior experience to sign up?

Kek it's true. I have no hope whatsoever

I'm not sure where you are but find your local hall on that page. Submit and application and wait. There is an apprenticeship but they give biannual raises in ours.

I definitely check in to it with everyone going to uni the competition in "educated" jobs is absurd + the debt required to school is outrageous.

try
Fire prevention technician

pays about 14-19$ an hour canadian
every city needs these companies so there's bound to be a few in your city specially if its a major city.

also you learn everything hands on working in the field as you go or in the shop.

you can then apply these skills/directives and open up your own fire prevention company

I worked for one for 6 weeks, saw the competition. Now I can apply at any of the companies with experience and they are always in need of someone (depending on size of company, usually they only need 1-2 extra employees per year).

Gives you a stable job and it never gets boring.
its not too tiring either, you just have to be careful on the road and follow a few protocols.

so your life was just sleeping and work. Wtf?

hooker?

See 69 about apprenticeship. They teach you. All you need to know pretty much is basic algebra and righty tighty lefty lousey.

They have a test you take to ensure your not autistic. If your not it shouldn't be a problem.

Asides from fitting there are a shit ton of union trades. Boiler makers operator engineers teamsters carpenters electricians. The list goes on.

Ya it sounds right for me, I want to get out of where i live and work hard.

I hear prostitution pays well, also pimping for the prostitutes can be lucrative

Pretty much but now the job is wrapping up and I am on a 4 10 schedule with 3 day weekends. It evens out.

Brown people like to hire other brown people. Has nothing to do with meth. It's also shitty working for brown people. They cut corners and hire people not under union fresh off thr boat from India and pay them shit wages.

Thanks btw, I'm seriously sending them my application right now

>They cut corners
This is true.

But if you're brown you either despise other browns or love them. Some browns are jelly of others and try to wreck your shit at work or simply not hire them.

it really depends on your luck

if youre skilled they will usually pay more than they would someone else