Modern Rap minus Cancer

I hate this mumble rap shit now, but maybe there can be good mumble rap with good lyrics, I just haven't found it. My friends are into it, and I just kinda passively listen and whatever, but more and more I just can't stand it. But modern rap in general I just don't get. Pic related, how the fuck can anyone like this cunt, just look at him. I'm glad none of my friends like Lil Yachty.

Kendrick Lamar is good, Starboy was alright, I really like D.R.A.M.'s Big Baby D.R.A.M., sometimes Drake is good, Chance the Rapper is pretty great. I need some more modern rap that I can enjoy. Mostly because its the most popular music, I like dadrock, relaxing music(like jazz or stuff like that kind of) and old school hip hop personally.

Basically ITT recommend 2010's rap that doesn't make me cringe at the lyrics so I can relate with my fuckhead peers

Other urls found in this thread:

m.soundcloud.com/liluzivert/15-xo-tour-llif3
youtube.com/watch?v=rlo_NR37BUc
youtube.com/watch?v=e7g5JADcrSo
youtube.com/watch?v=1Aa2BxOpVoc
youtube.com/watch?v=ixCYc1znWuE
youtube.com/watch?v=Qr1KON-K-Kk
youtube.com/watch?v=-lnOKnUvc8s
youtube.com/watch?v=GT1KCigshPs
youtube.com/watch?v=GTxuXToEYOA
youtube.com/watch?v=zXJ6a7tVCcc
youtube.com/watch?v=vbxcPy1qJTU
youtube.com/watch?v=spfsdpuvUyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=XC36OTUxj3o
youtube.com/watch?v=R3ib9gCw1F4
youtube.com/watch?v=W7fpqaX3K9M&list=FLAa61ILmD4JnHMqFcrXgTPQ&index=7
youtube.com/watch?v=ckA8dbjIi7c
youtube.com/watch?v=XH0Gd86vI6M
youtube.com/watch?v=U_GZ70JaSvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bfBHaW3dZ6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=x9cjLvpsWMI
youtube.com/watch?v=kgic1Neu6zU
youtube.com/watch?v=LL80xlKOMdg
youtube.com/watch?v=vCsTlanNwL8
youtube.com/watch?v=hDdvb83vTa8
youtube.com/watch?v=LYiaIdFISxQ
youtube.com/watch?v=RYKdP3im-4U
youtube.com/watch?v=3j8ecF8Wt4E
youtube.com/watch?v=NJV09IFGhUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Check out Denzel Curry. By far the best to come out from all these modern rappers, yet he's been making great music for the past five years.

m.soundcloud.com/liluzivert/15-xo-tour-llif3

I forgot Denzel Curry. Actually, I should check out N64 again, that is actually the only "mumble rap" I've heard that I like.

Beat's pretty good, lyrics are mostly trash though, so basically I like the shit he didn't do. Also why does Lil Uzi Vert have to have those faggot dreads, and why are his album covers shitty Scott Pilgrim recolors? Cringy af

Maybe just dont listen to it if you dont like it. I dont like thug rap buy I'm aware there is other shit out there that isn't thug rap.

But it's all I hear people playing at the dorm, including my friends. It fucking sucks dude I just want to find some I like but it seems I hate 90% of it

youtube.com/watch?v=rlo_NR37BUc

That's some good shit

vince staples
a$ap rocky
big krit
flatbush zombies
childish gambino
danny brown
joey bada$$
j cole
everyone from tde
amine
action bronson

just random names i thought of

I just hope you dont say dude in public.

I do, it's how guys talk to each other these days. Including bro, man, etc. I don't know grandpa what do you think I should say?

People who wear fedoras are usually the ones I see saying dude. There that cringy manchild with a pokemon card collection.

>But it's all I hear people playing at the dorm, including my friends. It fucking sucks dude I just want to find some I like but it seems I hate 90% of it
I doubt even your friends know anything other than that type of hip hop. What do they even listen to?

Also saying dude is old as fuck, watch old South Park episodes. If some old lowbrow cartoon has them saying it that says enough about the people who use it.

>I like dadrock, relaxing music(like jazz or stuff like that kind of) and old school hip hop personally
That pic sums up OP

Travis scott

meh, youre trying too hard

What are you from some hick town that still says dude and bro?

I'm not spoon feeding some good'ol bumpkin on hip hop.

young thug is the only way for mumble rap. youtube.com/watch?v=e7g5JADcrSo

im brown and i say dude all the time, leave your house some time

Y'all niggas need Run the Jewels

People Under the Stairs have been consistently making good music for the last 17 years.

Why the fuck do my friends who like mumble rap NOT listen to Young Thug? I have to change this

Are you autistic? Is this your autistic little game you play for fun?

Dank

Some of your suggestions are good. I've been meaning to listen to J Cole. Joey Bada$$ is a great old school sound, I should listen to Action Bronson since I think he's like that too. a$ap is good, I used to listen to him. You're an east coast hip hop guy, aren't you?

That's all most of them listen to. One of my best friends literally puts on Spotify's US top 50 sometimes as easy music. It's whats popular, so of course all the normalfag/casual music listeners are going to only listen to it. What are you gonna do. Some of my friends have better taste though.

Will check out.

Never heard of them, where should I start?

>ctrl + F
>no Lil Ugly Mane

ishygddt

>good lyrics
>But modern rap in general I just don't get.
>I'm glad none of my friends like Lil Yachty.
>Kendrick Lamar is good
>I like dadrock, relaxing music(like jazz or stuff like that kind of) and old school hip hop personally.
>my fuckhead peers

This is bait.

Everything is bait.

YouTube San Francisco knights and acid raindrops, those are probably their top singles. Blowin' wax is my favorite song of theirs. Album-wise you can't really go wrong where ever you start.

dont fucking listen to jcole you madman
isaiah rashad
danny brown
bones
schoolboy Q
Vic mensa
freddie gibbs
kool AD
mac miller (from watching movies with the sound off until now)

I usually just play some guru / mf doom for my fag friends that listen to that shit.
as a result i dont really listen to a lot of modern rappers, but check these out and go from here

youtube.com/watch?v=1Aa2BxOpVoc

youtube.com/watch?v=ixCYc1znWuE

youtube.com/watch?v=Qr1KON-K-Kk

youtube.com/watch?v=-lnOKnUvc8s

BABYFATHER M8

Damn man they have quite the catalog, thanks for the rec. Those 3 songs are great btw

I thought J Cole might be like Kendrick. Haven't listened to him. Mac Miller is ok. Haven't heard of most of your other recs desu

MF Doom is fucking awesome, I wonder where the fuck he went for the last decade. But I was looking for modern rap ITT.

>But I was looking for modern rap ITT.
but all 4 of those artists still produce, user
it's just a bit more underground than the rest of the artists posted ITT, unless you want more mainstream stuff to impress your friends with, thats fine.

OP needs some danny brown in his life, XXX is a classic bruh

and some Earl Sweatyshirt, Mac Miller's Faces tape, Pro Era's PEEP tape is fuckin dope too, thats the crew that Joey Bada$$ started with.

and if you want some really out there but well crafted shit give Homeboy Sandman's album Hallways, Aesop Rock's None Shall Pass, Open Mike Eagle's Dark Comedy. Milo's So The Flies Don't Come, all a try at some point.

>J Cole, Mac Miller, Gambino
OP's bait was enough to make this a shit thread tbqh

>Gambino
Awaken My Love is genuinely good.
and BTI still has some masterpieces, such as zealots of stockholm or no exit

He does white boi rap

Awaken my love isn't a rap album, and Gambino is barely even a rapper. Actors just need to stick to acting.
Also this. Can't even take him seriously.

Oh I thought the embeds would be MF Doom and Guru, I didn't realize. Yeah I need more mainstream sounds honestly. But I'll give those songs a listen.

Will listen to XXX. I like Joey Bada$$ on 1999 but I haven't heard PEEP yet. I don't like Aesop Rock because I can't understand what the fuck he's talking about ever, even stopping to analyze lyrics individually.

this and dalek from doctor who

nice buzzwords, idiots. Stick to kendrick and joey badass

Kanye, Travis Scott, j. Cole(I know but normies love him), YG, 21 savage with metro

Don't really listen to much of those two either but even they're for a fact better than fucking Gambino's cringy ass. No hard feelings dude he just really sucks

>Actors just need to stick to acting
this dude. lol. yall heard it here first

trying new things to be make yourself a versatile artist makes you bad

His rap song literally only consists of "smart" and "intelligent" zingers. but tbqh familiam i like his more atmospheric songs like oakland on "becus the internet" and his new album as background music

Flatbush Zombies
Underachievers
Vince staples
Danny Brown
Joey Badass

Young Thug has some good songs but yeah most modern rap is terrible

East Coast fan, huh. Underachievers is underrated, I only really like Indigoism from them though. What's your favorite song by Vince Staples?

I've been listening to Danny Brown "XXX" and it's a fantastic album, probably best suggestion ITT.

youtube.com/watch?v=GT1KCigshPs

Some great bass and flute. Shame that Future is on it

modern rap is a lot more interesting than 80s and 90s stuff senpai

It's interesting to see how low the bottom of the barrel goes, I'll give you that. But MF Doom, Biggie Smalls, Nas, Pharcyde, Eminem, Wu-Tang, Slick Rick, Classic Snoop, Jurassic 5, and more I'm forgetting at the moment, all disagree with you.

what cave do you live in lol? you seriously have no friends do you i almost feel sad for you

You're asking the wrong place for advice on hip hop. But luckily, I listen to a lot of hip hop. Check out these artists:
Shabazz Palaces: youtube.com/watch?v=GTxuXToEYOA

Milo: youtube.com/watch?v=zXJ6a7tVCcc

Freddie Gibbs (One of the best in the game): youtube.com/watch?v=vbxcPy1qJTU

Danny Brown: youtube.com/watch?v=spfsdpuvUyQ

Death Grips: youtube.com/watch?v=XC36OTUxj3o

Open Mike Eagle: youtube.com/watch?v=R3ib9gCw1F4

Wiki: youtube.com/watch?v=W7fpqaX3K9M&list=FLAa61ILmD4JnHMqFcrXgTPQ&index=7

Please, don't listen to the people that say, "Denzel Curry is the best! Bones is the best."

You have great taste, those are all great songs. Honestly pretty much every single genre has objectively good music, and either you haven't found what you like or you don't like that genre. Young Thug and Denzel Curry for me is probably the best of what I've heard of mumble rap, for example, even though I pretty much hate everything else I've heard of mumble rap.

But what's wrong with Denzel Curry or Bones?

Free BoBBy

Kenrick Lamar is bad. Starboy isn't rap. "Just look at him" is not a way to judge music. You sound like a stupid person.

you sound like someone who listens to like 6 rappers. you probably have eminem in your top 10, huh.

just listen to kool ad he put out like 4000 songs last year

something like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=ckA8dbjIi7c

What did you boys think about this one?
I loved it since the first listen.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like their is anything wrong with Denzel Curry and Bones. They are good artists, but people who are new to hip hop tend to say these two artists are the best in the genre. Its very common, and annoying.
Also, I like artists like Young Thug and Future and shit. It entertains me, but I don't take it seriously as far as hip hop goes.

literally nu male: the post

This is a solid album. I recommend this to anyone who likes MF DOOM, Madlib, Wu-Tang, etc.

are you 12?

"GIMME MEME RAP SO I CAN FIT IN WITH MY FRIENDS PLS :("

go back to 2012

Eat me

There's nothing wrong with Eminem

I love Viper so Kool Ad should be right up my alley

You're almost there but I was looking for music that sounds good

On a cursory listen, sounds good, but it's really ripping off MF Doom's thing, Doom was even in a group called the Monster Island Czars. Sounds good but unoriginal.

I see what you mean. Young Thug has some really great standout tracks, Future is mostly just boring imo

It's okay, you don't understand the importance of relating with friends, you don't have any

Stop posting anytime

It's like Sup Forums becomes 95% shittier during the day

>There's nothing wrong with Eminem
You have no worth while opinions on hip hop lol

Yeah prolly lmao

>You're almost there but I was looking for music that sounds good

alright we're going the distance nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=XH0Gd86vI6M

youtube.com/watch?v=U_GZ70JaSvQ

youtube.com/watch?v=bfBHaW3dZ6Q

youtube.com/watch?v=x9cjLvpsWMI

youtube.com/watch?v=kgic1Neu6zU

youtube.com/watch?v=LL80xlKOMdg

youtube.com/watch?v=vCsTlanNwL8

OP ignore all these nerds.
Freddie Gibbs - Piñata is far and above the best rap album of the 10s
as for "mumble rap" stop looking for deep lyricism you wont find it. this music is appealing to an audience that isnt trying to be emotionally affected by what theyre hearing. its more about vibe and mood
i liked what i heard on Jeffery last year

No, genuinely. If you like eminem your taste is garbage. No one should bother trying to show you music you'll like.

"There's nothing wrong with eminem"
Over half of his discography and 80+% of his features are what's "wrong" with eminem.

you can take the african out of africa, but you can't that the retarded body modification fad out of the african.

jeffery was incredible, but don't discount thug's lyrics just because of how he sounds. he writes some INTENSELY personal stuff.

freddie gibbs was already mentioned twice..

eearz - work ya muscle
or 'ride shotgun'

The new RTJ album is real good
Quelle Chris - Being You Is Great
Your Old Droog
Jonwayne - Rap Album Two
Ka - Honor Killed the Samurai
Absouls latest album
Anonymuz - Vice City
Injury Reserve

Now you're fucking talking. Where do you anons find these unknown underground mystery artists making such good music?

I don't have time atm but your album better live up to your hype when I listen later today. Oh and I guess with mumble rap I could see that but to not have good lyrics is just lazy...

Your opinion is fact.

Young Thug has pretty good lyrics, that's what I'm saying.

Yeah but if you mention stuff multiple times I'm more likely to remember it, so go for it.

Same with dadrock or any old music, you have the oldfags being nostalgic, and the newfag teens gushing over it.

Added to the bigass list of recs to check out, thanks m8

I'll be back later today most likely, but I have classes now.

the new wave of hip hop is the fucking goat you dickhead

>Young Thug
>Nav
>Playboi Carti
>UnoTheActivist
>Slug Christ
>Father
>Rich the Kid
>Famous Dex
>Ugly God
>Larry June
>Cousin Stizz
all lit af

Danny Brown is the greatest rapper alive right now (in my opinion), so definitely check out XXX, Old, and Atrocity Exhibition. The closest thing we have to post hip-hop at this point, really boundary pushing stuff.

Young Thug is the king of "mumble rap", even tho I hate that term. Listen to Barter 6, JEFFERY, the Slime Season trilogy, and Rich Gang: The Tour.

A lot of people have been mentioning him but Freddie Gibbs is stellar, especially Pinata but Shadow of a Doubt and his early tapes are strong too.

Injury Reserve, Lil Ugly Mane, Bobby Raps, Denzel Curry, Ka, and Jonwayne are also worth listening to.

Check out YG, Denzel Curry

well mane if u want some good mumble rap to fit with your faggots dorm friends dont fuckin listen to aesop rock/atmosphere or any of those white dudes tryna be deep n shit. Like user said mumble rap is all about vibe and mood.

Listen to: Ka, Secret circle( ugly mane+antwon+wiki), ratking, danny brown, night lovell, ethereal, P2, mick jenkins, playboi carti,currency, future, oj da juiceman, makonnen, roc marciano, silkmoney, cyrax,smokepurrp,young thug, maxo kream and isaiah rashad, asap ferg.

Where do you anons find these unknown underground mystery artists making such good music?
Going back and checking the work of the people featuring on songs I like, you eventually end up somewhere interesting.
>The closest thing we have to post hip-hop at this point, really boundary pushing stuff.

He's not pushing any boundaries that haven't been pushed before

youtube.com/watch?v=hDdvb83vTa8

youtube.com/watch?v=LYiaIdFISxQ

youtube.com/watch?v=RYKdP3im-4U

just remember to not listen to jcole

i didnt like Old
feels so out of place between XXX and AE

Jump off the roof is the my jam

aesop rocks latest album is a lot more cohesive and easy to digest

I need more shit like KA

Current guilty pleasure

If you do check out British hiphop get those Four Owls records, they're really great.

I just realized my mind went to UK hip hop because I misread Freddie Gibbs as Izzie Gibbs.

Masta Ace is timeless and released another great album last year.

Aminé

youtube.com/watch?v=3j8ecF8Wt4E

do you mean bedwetter?

>ctr+f
>no lupe fiasco
What? His new album just dropped and while it's not nearly as good as t&y it's supposed to be a fun album, which I think it is. Here's a song from his last album that should be normie proof.
youtube.com/watch?v=NJV09IFGhUc

One of my favorites of the decade

Jidenna dropped a pretty decent album recently.

I never liked Future, but I surprisingly really like "HNDRXX".

Check out Stik Figa's "Central Standard Time"

If you're interested in the UK grime scene I highly recommend Dave Santan. I'm still new to it, but I've really enjoyed listening to Dave, JME, Wiley, and Devlin.

>mfw I unironically love Kanye's music

Honestly, Yeezy's lyrics tend to be pretty mediocre at best, but his production and delivery is so good it more than makes up for it.

The only rappers I consistently listen to are Kanye and Kendrick Lamar.

Most modern rap is shit and a complete betrayal of the raw, punk-like roots of the genre, but Kendrick, Death Grips and some of Danny Brown's stuff is good.

>death grips
>danny brown
>good

Kill yourself

This album alone proves you're either completely unaware of what exists or just want to sound cool.

P L E B

fuck you oxymoron is good