Why did it took so long for me to realize this simple truth?

Why did it took so long for me to realize this simple truth?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_tax#Germany
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how do u know its the truth?

how do you know that there isn't a monster behind your back?

god is everything and nothing. alpha and omega. if you dont understand this concept you are blue pilled.

At least try and post a valid answer

Anyone else here the superior Deists?

Actually a good question.

I just know it is closer to the truth than what I've believed before. The existence of a benevolent god, a nice afterlife for the good, a bad for the evil, and redemption for the bad. A great plan, a divine providence.

These are all naive ideals. Desparate hope that there is more to life than just life itself.

There is no truth. We can't tell. The only thing we can do is to be good, lurk and wander. Eventually find out what is real and what is not.

Nobody can be 100% assured either way. That said I lean more towards there not being a god then its existance.

That is a valid answer. "How to you know it's not the truth" is not a good reason to believe in any superstition.

congrats on being the first, unverified person who can measure the presence of God.

>I'm 14 and God is DEEP

Derp.

Also, check'd. Inb4 "Muh proof of GAWD!" lol

why you bitchin
god didn't answer you crying?

>Why did it took so long for me to realize this simple truth?
Just slightly slow on the uptake, I'd guess

The burden of proof isnt on me or any non-believer, The burden of proof is on the person making the outrageous statement that a god exists.

>measure the presence of God

Can't measure the presence of leprechauns, either. Does that mean we should be agnostic about them?

Herpaderp.

the idea that god is some gray bearded dude on a cloud is retarded, but even some christians and other theists agree on this point.

read into more contemplative ideas about god, like meister eckhart. and maybe drop some acid.

what sense did you use? i mean, obviously not the simple senses posessed by the rest of mankind... where did this sense originate? how can it be replicated and proven? y'know, studied scientifically. How will you prove to us that you posess a sense that we do not that allows you to measure units of God? Im listening...

I believe flying spaghetti monster. Why I should care to prove that there isn't a God? Let me settle this once and for all: arguing that there is a God is just as stupid as arguing that there could be a monster behind your back. You just couldn't ever find it tho, because it will be always be out of your sight. It's just waste of time what i am getting at.

so you're ignostic? it's the only sensible stance tbh.

I have been here all along, sitting, waiting.

you are all so fucking retarded holy shit. it's so obvious none of you knows what the hell you are talking about.

No agnosticism is stupid and lazy, again the burden of proof isnt on non-believers, the burden of proof is on the people who make the outrageous statement that a god exists.

why can't you measure the presence of leprechauns? theyre empirical, falsifiable and replicable in theory. they comlletely exist where we can see, smell, taste, touch or hear them, its just that nobody has. God doesnt fall into the empirical realm at all. Unlike Leprechauns, God cant be disproven by lack of physical evidence, Leprechauns can.

idk man you must've not thought it through. people who believe in religion are literally the most retarded

I never said anything about agnosticism or burden of proof

>Spews trashy character attacks about how everyone is intellectually inferior to him.
>Makes zero intelligent comments or rebuttals.
nice one m8

Thinking about it, the indoctrination of religious family didn't help either,

But indeed, It's quite simple to see after going around the world, seeing places where you ask about god, they just tilt their had and ask back "which god?"

Hundreds of countries, cultures, empires, that had such a grand and extended theological ideas, and culture, some lasting far longer than Christianism.

Could they have been all wrong, and we right? Ridiculous.

If you truly felt that way then you wouldnt feel the need to make a thread to let others know.

My problem with atheists is that they actually believe in a god more than others and thats why they work so hard to disprove religion.

A real atheists looks at religion the way you look at a soda flavor or pizza topping you dont like. For example some people choose to drink strawberry soda and onions on a pizza
That combination does nothing for me i dont like it and some do. But it doesnt bother me enough to start a campaign and spread a message against strawberry soda and onions on pizza.

Tldr: a real atheist doesnt get his jimmies rustled becuse others talk to an imaginary spaghetti monster

lmao nope faggot God is just one of many belief systems purposed to control masses and guide those to an agenda that suits it's controllers. all the while doing more harm than good a million times over. you submit to a master only because you are weak

thank jesus there's warriors for truth and justice like yourself, cleaning up the hallowed halls of... the internet.

I understand what you mean, and I have to agree.

I guess having a fallout with my family insisting that we are "Cursed by God", wanted me to shout out somewhere "There is no god, stop blaming it for your misfortunes and shortcomings!"

>indoctrination of religious family didn't help
How do you think religion works? In the main, Jews raise Jews, Christians raise Christians, Hindus raise Hindus, and so on. Children are malleable and influenced by parents and teachers.

This is one of those immutable truths that theists seem to conveniently forget, as they are all convinced that there's is the "one true religion". Sad, really.

you never realised anything, you realised nothing, if you continue to not realise, you will remain simple as you are now

my point was that god is the matrix. we are all part of the same energy. all religions know this. but "god" is used for controlling the masses and by the people who know this.
yes the god of mainstream religions is used to control the masses. still doesnt change the fact that god is everything.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. Except the middle east is not being torn apart by disputes over onions or strawberry drinks.

While much of the discontent can be traced back to Western meddling and oil, the main fracture lines seem to be along religious fault lines. Shias kill Sunnis, Sunnis kill Shias (and FFS they are both Muslims), Catholics kill Protestants, Protestants kill Catholics, Jews kill Muslims; Muslims kill Jews......

I guess it's hoping that there is something beyond the ken of mortal men, that is upholding justice, makes no sin go unpunished and no rewards selfless acts. Something to help them befriend the concept of death.

And in the case of many lesser people (not all theists) stop them from doing always as they please, and not disregard their obligations to their society.

You are confusion morality with religion. You don't need to be religious to understand that we should treat our fellow man well - you can trace that back to an extension of our social tendencies and tribal background - support the group against the environment and outsiders.

Also, religion doesn't help people to come to terms with death, it helps them avoid that reality. How many suicide bombers would blow themselves up if they didn't believe that paradise and 17 virgins await? and it's interesting that the leaders of these sects don't tend to send their children into the glorious afterlife on a charge of C4 - they leave that to the dumb recruits.

Well of course its not that literal.

But fighting with each other over which unconfirmed entity that says generally the same thing as this other unconfirmed entity was right sounds equally ridiculous as drinks and topping battles

You assume that all of the people are rational and/or compassionate. While yes, many are, it's very far from all of them. Some people need to fear hell, or hope there is a haven. Otherwise they wouldn't care for morality, only their own gain over everything else.

Thinking that you know what is beyond death, you will fear it less, and like you said willing to throw your life away for a better afterlife.

read dhammapada and bhagavad gita and you'll understand "god"

>But fighting with each other over which unconfirmed entity that says generally the same thing as this other unconfirmed entity was right sounds equally ridiculous as drinks and topping battles
Which is a very strong argument for religions being both wrong and superfluous.

Mix in the idea that a supreme being would 1) tolerate other religions and simply not reveal itself to settle the matter; 2) need the worship of slightly evolved apes; 3) require said slightly evolved apes to kill one another if the deity's name is insulted, as if the supreme being can't look after itself

dunno man

>Some people need to fear hell, or hope there is a haven
And that fear and/or hope drives them to kill others. Imagine how much more careful they would be if they were taught from an early age that you only have one life, live it well and don't waste yours or anyone else's?

Come back in two years or so, I just wrestled with Christianity and it's flavors, next on the list is the Taoism, and Confucianism. Then we can get to Sanskrit.

t; you're in for a surprise

>Sanskrit
That's a language.

the whole idea that there is a god, afterlife or whatever is just plain stupid

whoever believes in any god is wasted space, time and air. simple as that

i dont need to explain why there isn't any god yet theists believe there is a magical wizard in the clouds whcih talks EXCLUSIVELY to the pope

What did I tell you about coming back in two years?!

404 doesn't mean it doesn't exist, it's just not where you're looking

>whoever believes in any god is wasted space, time and air. simple as that
Don't be so contemptuous of others - you're as bad a evangelical theists.

As long as they don't bother me or force their beliefs on others then if someone wants to believe in the Great Green Arkleseizure to help them to come to terms with their mortality, then fine by me. The trouble is, the majority don't.

This is why I am not usually vocal about being an Atheist. People who do charity, who respect traditional family bonds, and nice all around in society can believe in anything they want, they will hear no complaint from me.

I hope that Muslims will be able to achieve this level of civilization one day.

they bother me EACH fucking morning with their dumb bells ringing at 8 o'clock

or force me to pay taxes because my mother decided to baptize me (not anymore but still)

or talk about politics like it's related to their religious beliefs (no shopping at sunday because god said so)

or forcing shut downs in clubs at 5am because it's not "christian like" or they just shut down for a whole day because "party free day"

fuck every single one of them

>taxes for a private belief
Fucking hell I am willing to start all my mornings by shouting out the window "There is no god" instead of that.

so called "Kirchensteuer" here in Germany

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_tax#Germany

>they bother me EACH fucking morning with their dumb bells ringing at 8 o'clock
What shithole so you live in where church bells ring every day? Anyway, you chose where to live - move if you don't like it.

stop fucking generalizing people based on their religion! if they're dumb fuckers they're not dumb fuckers because they came out on a different part of the world and sucking different god cocks

Freiburg, 220k city in germany

nearly EVERY city, town or village rings their bells at 7 or 8 o'clock in the morning, even Berlin, Hamburg, Köln or wherever you like

in smaller villages they ring the bell sometimes up to every half an hour. swiss do the same just like austrian people and don't even get me started on italian churches

>move if you don't like it.
you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about

>move if you don't like it
check out this fag