How can one bands album, Nevermind, be so good, yet the rest of their stuff be pure shit...

How can one bands album, Nevermind, be so good, yet the rest of their stuff be pure shit? Does anyone else agree with me?

All of my friends love shit like "Rape Me" but I think it sounds like something a 12 year old could've written.

dude, fuck off, no one is going to agree with you. This is already a terrible thread. I hope we can turn this around to a thread just discussing Nirvana because i'd like that.

post your music then

I like post-punk and post-punk/garage rock revival.

I don't think there's a single Nirvana album that I dislike. Bleach, Nevermind, In utero, Incesticide, Unplugged all good stuff,even the bsides there are some gems. I just cant listen to SLTS anymore

Nevermind is one of those albums where I know every word to every song. Even Endless, Nameless I can jam out to. I just think everything else doesn't even come close to it. Maybe it's not "pure shit" or whatever I said, but I just don't get the hype for anything besides Nevermind.

no bitch i meant post the music YOU wrote and performed

No. Bleach is easily their best.

Dude fuck off. I guess you haven't heard of criticism before. One could easily talk about how shit the music I like is, and I wouldn't really care because music is subjective and people like what they like. I just wanted to gauge how unpopular my opinion was.

taste is subjective

Strangely enough, I'm the complete opposite. I don't really like Nevermind, but enjoy Bleach and In Utero. Something about the production Nevermind turns me off. It's too slick.

Hm, I guess I can see that. Not like, lofi enough?

Bleach and Incesticide are good.

>Not like, lofi enough?
It's not that, it's that it has too much compression and limiting, and editing of different takes thrown together.

Whether or not the album would be mic'd with good or bad equipment doesn't affect much the overall energy of the band, you can only really get that stuff right by recording their takes as they would do them live and keep editing to a minimum.

A "raw" sound is not necessarily a lo-fi sound.

incesticide is my favourite album by them

* compilation

that doesn't mean it's not an album lol

Everything Nirvana did was good. Nevermind is great but honestly I abused that album as a teenager, I can't listen to it anymore except probably Lounge Act, which might be the only non-single in that album and I love the bass riff. It's been a while since I sit down and listen to a full Nirvana album though, Incesticide is underrated af btw.

That's what I think. It has most of their best music. Nevermind is great, but overplayed. In Utero had too much filler.

what songs did you think were filler on in utero?
I personally found the whole album very enjoyable