Look it up at Hangingdong's bandcamp.

Why are new Sup Forums memes so shit?

Which one lads?

aoty desu

NAME YOUR FAVORITE TRACK LADS
>Drive My Car

where can i listen??

Hangingdong's bandcamp

I really liked I'll Follow the Sun. Sounded like something off of Beach Boys Party.

hangingdong.bandcamp.com/album/covers-the-beatles

Hey Bulldog and Day Tripper

Yeah Day Tripper is great, reminds me of Klaatu

Really though, when that Bowie album?
There hasn't been a thread for practically a week.

idk what happened, dong just vanished

lots of people were going on about he's a hack that mooches off the work of these other Sup Forumstants
i dont agree, but i hope it didnt get to him or anything

So let's do my idea instead: Sup Forums covers Britpop

why does it cost 1000 pounds

It surpassed the 200 free downloads and bandcamp does that automatically.
Hanging dong made a MEGA link for it but I don't have it right now. Don't pay a single penny.

no thanks lol i personally hate britpop

free downloads ran out, theres a mega download link

because 200 people downloaded it and mr dong doesn't want you to pay for it

there's a download link in the description you dummy

gh

I've been looking for Dong in Sup Forums but nothing:(

>Sup Forums covers Britpop
Sounds gay and shite.
Sounds like gayshite.

I miss the threads in which we made the album.

Oh I was just making a thread and then found there was a duplicate file. Hi guys.

Nothing to worry about, have just been busy the past few days and wanted to take a short break from the madness that is organising 50-song albums on Taiwanese finger painting forums. back in action now, and we can begin to crack on with the Bowie album.

Also the mega downloads for Covers The Beatles and the Anthology are included in their description sections on their bandcamp pages.

Somebody has the link for absolute?

I don't like the Beatles so I couldn't make it through one track of this album.

My least favorite thing about this album is that it doesn't have that picture of Brian Wilson shirtless and wearing a fireman's helmet on the cover.

>I like to force myself into discussion of things I don't like
Why not kill yourself and save everyone the trouble

>lots of people were going on about he's a hack that mooches off the work of these other Sup Forumstants
I love this meme.

"Hanging Dong" has only ever been a collaborative group name, going back 2 years for those who remember the old days, and I offer contributors the chance for a song credit. If anything, I've actually stunted my own self promotion by contributing songs to previous Hanging Dong albums (although none on The Beatles one besides Rev 9) without linking my personal bandcamp/soundcloud, and instead leaving the credit blank.

I just do this because I enjoy getting Sup Forums together to create weird memey albums. I don't think anyone can deny that stream was fun.

installafriend.bandcamp.com/album/absolute-madness

I was really disappointed because I thought with all the memes on the cover it would be something interesting but it's just shitty covers.

Beatles fans who have listened have enjoyed most of them.

>I saw memes and I thought "THAT LOOKS INTERESTING"
Yeah, kill yourself

I get it I get it
KAY
WHY
ESS

but it's not easy. The survival instinct is too strong.

HE LIVES

decided on the bowie songs yet?

SHOULD FIVE PER CENT APPEAR TOO SMALL

Possible ones, hard to bring it down to 50

Space Oddity
The Man Who Sold the World
Changes
Oh! You Pretty Things / Eight Line Poem
Life on Mars?
Quicksand

Five Years
Moonage Daydream
Starman
Ziggy Stardust
Suffragette City
Rock n Roll Suicide

John I'm Only Dancing
Alladin Sane
Drive In Saturday
Time
The Jean Genie
Sorrow

Sweet Thing
Candidate
Sweet Thing (Reprise)
Young Americans
Fame
Station to Station
Golden Years
Word On A Wing

Breaking Glass
Sound And Vision
Warzsawa
Heroes
Boys Keep Swinging
It's No Game (No. 1)
Ashes to Ashes
Fashion

China Girl
Let's Dance
Dancing in the Street
Absolute Beginners

The Heart's Filthy Lesson
I'm Afraid of Americans
Slow Burn
Where Are We Now?
I'd Rather Be High

Blackstar
'Tis A Pity She Was A Whore
Lazarus
I Can't Give Everything Away
The Laughing Gnome

Add Blue Jean and Valentine's Day to that too

preddy gud list

Who the hell do you think you are? Who the hell do you think you are? You’re any kind of artist? Anybody know who you ARE? MAYBE everybody else wants to enjoy the peace and QUIET! This is one of the most important places in North America and who are you? WHO ARE YOU? You miserable presumptuous NO TALENT! You’re no artist. An artist respects the SILENCE, it serves as the foundation of creativity. You OBVIOUSLY don’t have the talent, You don’t have enough RESPECT for yourself or other people, OR know what it means to respect yourself in MUSIC or any other form of creativity. And I’m an NYU film school graduate, SUCKA, and the School of Visual Arts in the Academy of Art University in San Francisco. You SUCK! You’re a NO TALENT! If you really have talent, go practice. And then get yourself a gig, instead of ruining the day for everybody down here. You DISGRACE! You are EVERYTHING that’s gone wrong in this world. You’re a SELF-consumed, NO-talent, MEDIOCRE piece of SHIT. And I’ve EARNED my right to say it. OKAY? In 1975, I walked BOB DYLAN up on stage. Who the FUCK are you? I knew the GRATEFUL DEAD from 1966. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU? You're NOTHING! YOU'RE NOTHING! You are NOTHING, and you will never be anything. NEVER! How dare you? How dare you? You miserable, mediocre NOTHING! Shame on you. You crack a stupid little smile, you little pimp. Go learn to play. You’re FLAT! You can’t even carry a FUCKING NOTE. I don’t care about your little horn lip, it doesn’t mean you know how to play. You’re FLAT! I’ve trained CLASSICALLY, I’ve trained CONTEMPORANEOUSLY, and you SUCK!

Go to bed Joel

Solid list lad. Quite similar to mine. I'll post my first draft from a few days ago:

The Laughing Gnome
Space Oddity
The Width Of A Circle
The Man Who Sold The World
Changes
Oh! You Pretty Things
Life On Mars?
Quicksand
Queen Bitch
The Bewlay Brothers
Five Years
Moonage Daydream
Starman
Lady Stardust
Ziggy Stardust
Suffragette City
Rock 'N' Roll Suicide
Aladdin Sane
Drive-In Saturday
Cracked Actor
The Jean Genie
Lady Grinning Soul
All The Young Dudes
Future Legend / Diamond Dogs
Sweet Thing suite
Rebel Rebel
Young Americans
Win
Fame
Station To Station
Golden Years
Wild Is The Wind
Sound And Vision
Always Crashing In The Same Car
Warszawa
Weeping Wall
Beauty And The Beast
Heroes
Black Out
The Secret Life Of Arabia
African Night Flight
Scary Monsters
Ashes To Ashes
Teenage Wildlife
I'm Deranged
Slow Burn
Bring Me The Disco King
Where Are We Now?
Blackstar
Lazarus

Tried to include songs that people emailed me as suggestions, plus my own favourites, plus the essentials. Dropped his entire 80s output (besides Scary Monsters of course) because I personally choose to pretend that decade never existed for Bowie. I included Let's Dance and China Girl at first but then removed them to make space because I don't think we should cover them just for the sake of them being among his most commercial songs, when this is a fan project. If people disagree I'm open to including 80s songs though. I know I include little post-Scary Monsters, but his 70s spell was so good that I want to attach all the focus of this album on that period, with only great songs from beyond thrown in as a bonus.

I actually just read Scaruffi's Beatles review in full for the first time, what does Sup Forums think of it? He actually seems kinder to most of their material than the first paragraph suggests. I agree that George Martin deserves a lot of credit for developing their sound and that they weren't the first to do a lot of the things their credited for inventing, which is a fair thing to point out, but most of his complaints seem arbitrary or pretentious.
>too much melody
>not enough jams
>not enough 10+ minute tracks
>they weren't the first to use such and such technique so who cares
I also don't agree that they were mediocre at their instruments.

It´s missing Velvet Goldmine and Valentine´s day otherwise it looks solid

Eh, I'm a bit disappointed that Let's Dance is being excluded.

I haven't read it in a long time but assuming your summarising points are accurate to what he says, they are all absurd

>>too much melody
>>not enough jams
Literally just stylistic choice. Doesn't affect the quality of the music.

>>not enough 10+ minute tracks
I like plenty of songs beyond ten minutes in length but I would actually argue it is more difficult to write great rock songs which are concise than it is to write long, meandering ones. Many extremely long songs give the impression that the writer couldn't quite nail a specific idea and had to stretch it out over a such a length in order to compensate. I love Echoes for example, but I think Happiness Is A Warm Gun achieves just as much, if not more, despite being 20 minutes shorter.

>>they weren't the first to use such and such technique so who cares
Who cares? I don't care if Norwegian Wood was the first use of sitar in a western pop song or the 100th, it sounds great. Once again, a superficial complaint which doesn't actually have anything to do with the quality of music. And if he's arguing that they were derivative, all I would say is that every musician ever is to an extent. The Beatles derived from older artists a lot, like any artist does, but they arguably revolutionised more than any other as well.

*they're

What would you want it to replace on that list?

>The Laughing Gnome
ebin

Fantano won't mention this in his bandcamp section. Screencap this

I don't know many Bowie songs so I really couldn't say.

Of course he won't. This album is nothing impressive or special

Actually swap I'm Deranged with Strangers When We Meet

Rude

Aye, that makes it 50 songs then, perfect

How are we gonna decide on a final 50 then? I wanna start the claiming thread asap

Dude, it's pretty sad that you have nothing better to do but shit on something someone else did.
Thanks senpai

I say replace Win with Let's Dance.

Well, I really liked the whole album, maybe you didn't like some tracks I enjoy or I don't know, sorry bout that.
Honestly the only song I really didn't like was Help!, I really don't get the love it gets, it's just plain stupid but speaking of the whole album I really liked, it has some great vocal performance and some tracks incredibly produced.

just dumping this monstrosity
dropbox.com/s/3840a5osjn7f72j/blue.wav?dl=0

BOWIE

Better than the original is all I can think to say

Not bad

The Hey Jude cover was pretty tight. Caught myself singing along the whole time.

Hey, I'm working on a cover of I'm Afraid of Americans at the moment. Could that be added to the setlist. Criminally underrated track of his.

you might wanna tell him in there