this

Also P. Diddy, Jay-Z, Dr. Dre

He really makes you think

hmm

not a black rapper

Pretty much

pharoahe monch?

probably him

KRS-One seems smart but i bet he isn't really as smart as GZA, RZA, Q-tip, MCA, Rakim, Mos Def, Lauryn Hill, vast aire

*DOOM you fucknugget

These, plus Guru.
RZAs said some weird shit before but I don't doubt his intelligence.
Chuck D was pretty witty
Often times the producers were much smarter than the rappers ever hoped to be, I don't know if any of you have every used old Akai hardware but it's an actual nightmare if you don't understand midi spec and can't read an owner's manual.

this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7P0QGqxVX4

is that andre nickatina?

they all look the same to me

MF the holder of a boulder money folder

Fuck off americucks

weed fried his brain to shit

prude

it's milo, and it's not really close

This desu

I like his music and all but beyond the fun wordplay he seems pretty dumb. Maybe that's just cause he's high all the time

Viper

Viper is playing chess while the rest of the world is playing checkers. He's the most intelligent man alive and people call him dumb. I don't get it.

bait

tell me more

lowkey it's kanye

Killer Mike, Aesop Rock, RA the Rugged Man, Milo, and Tupac. Aesop has used more unique words than any other rapper.

This comment shows how intellectually devoid you are. Weed kicks ass and is really fun especially when you have a good book to read or some cool records to listen to. You've probably seldom smoked it enough to have much of a clue as to what it's truly capable of.

the correct answer

isn't there a reddit board for you nerds

IMO Aesop Rock. His lyrics are fucking spectacular with double-entendres, deeper meanings and shit. Plus he's got the largest unique vocabulary. Plus plus he's not a nigger.

Lmao nonsense

That's like asking which of these pigs is the cleanest

i'm gonna say far right is the cleanest

In terms of sheer intelligence? Lupe Fiasco has the broadest range of knowledge out of any rapper I've heard, he can speak pretty eloquently on everything from foreign and domestic policy, biology, and Japanese history to video game trivia and religious philosophy. His dad was a black panther and his mom (If I recall correctly) was a professor, so he's got good genes.

prolly one of these woke nation of islam new york rappers

DUDE

No way killer mike is smarter than el-p though

El-P is a dumb fuck, you're just assuming

KRS-one
Guru
Big Pun
RZA & GZA

Jokes aside, this guy's a complete dumbass.

young thug

KRS is a crazy guy, talkin' 'bout the Twin Towers got what was coming to 'em because they wouldn't let black hobos sleep in the lobby

me, cuz i'm black but smart enough not to rap

Really makes you think.

Madlib

cam'ron, unironically

any "conscious" rapper is automatically out of the discussion

>Big Pun

No one that eats himself to death and beats his wife belongs on this list.

Hopsin

That isn't true. He has the highest vocabulary out of rappers that have released at least 5 albums

tonedeff.

Pharaoh Monche, GZA, Guru, or Big L.
90% of rappers come from poor rappers and aren't really educated, but a ton of them are intelligent

poor backgrounds*

Thought it was Andre Nickatina at first too. Which is, in fact, the correct answer to OP's question.

sorry, if you are not american, you just cant rap

sounds pathetic when a foreign accent tries to rap

Clearly...

Jeru the Damaja
GZA
Mos Def
Kendrick

DID

no one mentioned Akala? just sad

THE

Only white rappers have a modicum of intelligence, so it's going to be a frat rapper. Lil Dicky graduated summa cum laude from his prestigious liberal arts college which puts him in the top 5% of all rappers along with Hoodie Allen (University of Pennsylvania), and Mike Stud and Mike Posner (Duke). You'll notice that being smart actually hurts your ability to rap, which is of course a form of music based around idiocy.

Nota bene: if a rapper was too stupid to attend a good university or if they got into a shitty one on affirmative action and majored in Grievance Studies, they aren't smart.

I can't even begin to respond to this one so I'll just settle for the following:

you should remove your head from your anus your post reeks of daddy's money

Nota bene: 2/10 for making me reply suck a dick

lmao shit tier

What does smart mean to you?

Guru.

viper

The Producers are the smart ones, you don't need intelligence just to talk fast.

kool keith, guru, krs one

first good answer ITT

>rap
>intellectual

pick one and only one

I don't know El-P killed it on old CoFlow tracks, and hes a great producer

Kanye West. Dude is a genius. Anyone that says otherwise is not a genius.

objectively DMX

[citation needed]

this, but unironically

It's not an accent, is a better language

*unsheathes joint*

Cunt.

Shad.

Their all equally unsmart

Unironically Lil Jon is smart af and his family is also well-educated.

This is actually really nice bait. The hook comes in as the brash statement that all rappers are stupid, and the sinker is the c incorrect use of "their" and the strange construction of the sentence. You truly are a master baiter.

smoke less

What's so smart about GZA

oh shit I forgot about Lil Jon! He's a funny fuck

true shit, his favorite band is Bad Brains. Any of us could have a good time with Lil Jon

Nothing, his books are retarded

>What's so smart about GZA

i don't even know where to begin.
GZA's wordplay, lyrics and flow is unfuckable!
i don't say he's the greatest rapper of all time, but he is sure as hell one of them, and that is in my opinion a proof that shows me/you and this motherfucking thread that you clearly don't know anything about hip hop.
There are hip hop albums with sick beats and is enjoyable to listen to, like pic related, and then there are rappers like GZA, who simply isn't loudmouthed, and isn't only rapping about ho's, money and homicide.

t. 15 year old that smoked weed once

He has a P.H.D.

Some cat on that King Geedorah track 'Next Levels' blew me away with his line.

Dudes from Co. Flow also up there, but don't know what they've been up to these days. I want to say Canibus, but I'm not too sure about his actual level.

Hearty kek

this or Killer Mike