Tfw will never experience music like these dudes

>tfw will never experience music like these dudes

close your eyes and open your heart

none of them actually experience music like this they're just pretentious

all the idiots on /daily/ talk about music the same way

its because they look at music like a collection to be built, like video games to be beaten
its soulless

it's just the increasingly verbose meme

Then it would be the opposite, fag

what does that even mean ya dingus

>its because they look at music like a collection to be built, like video games to be beaten
What's wrong with having a backlog or a list of "things to listen to"? I get what you're saying btw

wtf I hate Daniel Johnston now

i thought it was about danny lopatin

2 posts
1 pleb
who is the pleb?

And you're definitely not just insecure that you can't experience it for yourself, so everyone else is pretentious because of it. You definitely don't just suck. Yes, everyone else is pretentious, of course.

the "uncanny valley" and "self-aware" shit would make it obvious he's talking about OPN and not Daniel Johnston if he didn't directly mention OPN in the same paragraph. The pleb is you.

Not everyone else, just those guys

Nothing. It becomes a problem when you use it as a measure of worth

Understanding, enjoying and deriving a powerful emotional response from music is one thing, but the way these people talk about the music implies that they're pretending to enjoy the music as much as they do for the sake of appearing more intellectual. This should be obvious from meaningless statements like the one claiming how great "his ability to penetrate into the psyche and directly affect the listener" is. Literally any type of music that makes you feel anything is doing exactly that. You may as well praise him for using notes and rhythms while you're at it. He "composes his sentences much like his music?" Are you serious? What does that even mean? Does he speak in music notation?

You can be a genuine fan of OPN without trying to intellectually grandstand like this in the comment section on youtube. Unfortunately this sort of thing is doomed to happen to any musician with experimental or abstract leanings that happens to attain some form of popularity -- a large amount of people are just going to pretend to like and understand your work in an overly loud and obnoxious way. I mean just look at Animal Collective's fanbase. I'd argue they're actually far worse than this.

cuck

thanks for you (You) tho

>OPN
>rhythm
>melodies

are you seriously dumb enough to believe that OPN's music doesn't adhere to the most basic rules of music composition? sure his work is experimental but if you're implying his work isn't melodic you haven't listened to it.

this thread.. kek

this times a million. knowledge of art shouldn't be used like a brand for a lacking personality