What does Sup Forums think of Kanye West?

What does Sup Forums think of Kanye West?

Garbage EDM / pop

dumb music for "smart" people

His pre 2010 stuff is enjoyable. After that it's meh.

He loves rocking jewelry, a whole neck full. Bitches say he's "funny" and disrespectful.

Great Producer, Shit taste in women.

One of the biggest mixed bags in music.

And has a very....VERY defensive fanbase.

beats are good, flow is trash

>flow is trash

Popular with white males in their teens and twenties. His music is pretty awful pop rap but he is a fantastic comedian.

smart music for dumb people in reality

One of the best artists of our time
People itt are either high school "wrong generation" kiddies or contrarian faggots

david bowie of hip hop

>all people who are bored by dull repetition are contrarian faggots
really make su thhink

>best
Thats debatable
Id say greatest instead

>kanye
>smart

you must be one of those "smart" fans lmao

He's made some great stuff, but he's frustratingly overrated and has fallen off hard. His first 2 + MBDTF are classics, the rest is extremely hit or miss.

TLOP was honestly insulting with how he rushed out a sloppy album with phoned in lyrics and then got lauded for it as if it was some grand artistic statement

Overrated

Yeezus was good and I don't even love Kanye but yeah I agree the TLOP hype is annoying

college drop out 9/10
Late reg 9/10
Freshmen Adjustment tapes were all 7/10
Graduation is a 9/10
808s 10/10
MBTF 11/10
Throne 12/10
Yeezus 6/10
Pablo 8/10

black people love kanye on a higher percentage than beyonce bruh

KYS

GOD

Ah never mind, you're one of those "dumb" fans

most annoying voice in the game
most annoying personality in the industry
most annoying face on the planet

i'm not even the same guy you're responding to. but yeah, if you make no attempt to "get" kanye you're just as dumb as any dadrocker in 1992 that made no attempt to "get" kurt cobain

true

here's what you want: (You)
thanks for bumping the thread

I heard he like fish dick.

MBDTF is pretty good. The rest are alright. He's heavily overrated by stans from all directions despite being quite lacking when it comes to having an actual rapping flow, and also having most of his music brickwalled.

808s and Heartbreak is secretly his best album

He's decent as a rapper, slightly better as a producer. The cult of personality that evolved around him is fucking absurd and fueled by his own overblown ego. If I met him I'd probably want to punch him but I got something like fifteen of his songs in my library.

>speak the truth and get a (you)
thnx m8

Shut the fuck up with your memes. We all know Graduation is his best album.

Not a secret

he doesnt have a "rapper voice" imo never did. its like some soft ass weak sounding voice lol.

Prefer him as a producer, rapping game has taken a nose dive

Kek

BLEACH ON MY T SHIRT

Generally pretty good up through MBDTF, but his more recent "experimental" pursuits have generally been more miss than hit, even if the occasional great idea does hit home.

correct if you have good taste

correct if you're a plebeian

Been getting into Kanye lately. Have heard a lot of good stuff about him (or just that he's got a few masterpieces in an ocean of trash).
Liking it so far but I want to hear what the hardcore fan really likes. Best I've heard so far was Workout Plan and I Am a God, but I feel like there has to be something better when his fanbase is so huge.
What song (or album if you can't pick one) do you think highlights his strong points best?

>Blood on the Leaves
>Through the Wire

objectively GOAT

he's this generation closest to Einstein ultrasonically

Great artist!

He is /x/ and Sup Forums, approved. 3 thumbs up!

NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL

>graduation 9/10
>yeezus 6/10

No one will ever understand Kanyes genius.

truth tho. the feels in that album. yeezus is like rage mode 808s.

Great producer, shit rapper.

First two albums were at least semi ok on the mc'ing, truly went to shit afterwards. MBTF was again just great beats but shit lyricism and somehow hes features were even worse than he is. Really wish he could just give his beats to better artists.

Someone trying way too hard to be Jay-Z despite being a technically superior rapper.

He needs to stop acting like Pepsi and get on that Sprite vibe; he could be a much more interesting person if it didn't look like his personal life is trying to keep up with the Joneses.

This

Underrated

MBDTF and 808s and Heartbreak are his best and only decent albums, he isn't relevant anymore as a rapper.

For its first half, then it quickly devolves into unmitigated garbage.

>ywn be a 24 year old man again looking out on the water as the snow falls early in September to Say You Will
808's will always be the GOAT

he's really fucking stupid

808s 10/10? more like 8.08/10