I can ALMOST buy that she knows the Millennium Falcon better than Chewie and Han...

I can ALMOST buy that she knows the Millennium Falcon better than Chewie and Han, but what I can't buy is her super mastery of The Force within 1 day. Doing the mind trick to make someone do what you want, calling objects to your hand, invading minds
she is just a buttfucking natural at it and it's stupid feminist bullshit wish fulfillment. She had no training at all and beats a very experienced Kylo Ren for no fucking reason. at the end she was losing until she closed her eyes and thought for a second and she suddenly got good at fighting, it's stupid unexplained bullshit
fuck rey, fuck daisy ridley, fuck jj abrams and all the writers for not putting her through training like every other force user got
it's not impressive, it's insulting. she's not badass, she's got plot armor.

Ma-Rey Suuuue?

Spoken like a true nigger who doesn't understand the force.

>it's okay for her to be an admitted mary sue because there was another person in the originals that was a mary sue
>i won't say who though
>but they totally exist
It's fine to be good at something. She can be good at scavenging, thinking on her feet, and piloting/ships.
It's not fine to do something that Jedi Masters had to do, once upon a time. Train the force to a usable level. I know, even kids can have it, Anakin used it to boost his piloting skills, but she is doing actual jedi tricks after a few hours. I guess they didn't want her to spend 8 months in a swamp training with jar jar binks.

Who gives a fuck?
Star wars is a shit franchise that only has col aliens going for it

Things that are shit do not make billions of dollars. End of story

You sure?

Counterpoint: Macs
So you are wrong, sometimes they do

Luke blew up a fucking space station and outran darth Vader after training for like 3 hours with obi wan. You can cry about her being a girl but don't act like a lack of training is fucking with the continuity. It literally follows the exact same plot as new hope.

No asshole, Luke used the force the same as little Anakin to help pilot/aim.

He didn't have any force powers by the end of the first movie. He wasn't swingshit around or mind tricking people.

Except he didn't duel Vader after 3 hours of training and got his ass kicked by Vader after some hardcore training with Yoda. And Luke at least had some experience. She just had some magical epiphany and became a Jedi master.

I like how Kylo Ren was somehow strong enough to stop a blaster bolt in mid air yet not strong enough to stop an untrained from reading his deepest thoughts. Also that helmet makes him look like Cobra Commander. I wasn't sure whether to expect a lecture about the dark side or his weather dominator.

Luke was about to get his shit rocked by Vader until Han came back and saved his ass.

Luke picked up a lightsaber for the first time and got shot in the ass by a droid. She defeated a trained Jedi.

He was an experienced pilot who used to bullseye womprats in his T-16 back, they're not much bigger than 2 meters.

Your gauge is broken
macs and apple aren't shit. they're not good, they're not the best, they're over priced, but it's not shit.
if to you, everything that isn't "the absolute 100% perfect best" then it's shit, then you're a shitty person.

What got me was when the guy uses the force to catch that blaster shot in mid fucking air. If they could do that then why has everyone been blocking shots with their lightsabers all this time?

Luke being a pilot is fine, he uses the force to help him like an inexperienced kid was, I don't even care that Anakin pod raced. It's the other shit that takes training that she did without any.
again, they can all be pilots. that's not impressive. Han is a pilot.

To be fair, they did show she was a skilled fighter when she wasted those guys with her staff.

You do not understand because you are a cunt!

Did you ever wonder why there are so few women in that universe? Women are way more sensitive to the force and can use and adapt to it much quicker than men. Because of this, they are killed and stifled once becoming fluent in forcenese. Tell me I'm wrong.

Because jedi are fucking retarded and have no creativity
And apparently within the star wars universe, to have ample use of your powers beyond basic shit you have to murder planets of peopl, groups of children, or your entire family

The new girl is much hotter. No one will remember this little coal burning slut.

>I can ALMOST buy that she knows the Millennium Falcon better than Chewie and Han

You're very forgiving, because I don't buy that shit in the slightest

the term 'girl' is reserved for females in their 20's

you are wrong

Just because fat fuck goth edge trash in America likes johnny depp, randomness, and feeling like being individual makes you crazy.

Long story short they were trying to be Dune again but in Dune they actually explain why.

Here come the "I enter threads just to say I don't care therefore you shouldn't care" fags

Stupidest reply on Sup Forums today. Neck yourself you unapologetically consumerist whore.

Kylo Ren learned force glamour muscles. He (that we know for now) hasn't likely had too much practice against a somewhay suitable fighter with force + saber

Luke had a couple of weeks training and survived against the emeror and vader, obiwan and yoda were old as fuck and couldnt.

Rey is a skywalker, and like anakin and luke naturally has the force so they can do extra oridinary things. They are basically godlike in potential, they might not even fully understand r control it at times.

Vader lost a lot of his attunement because he was mostly machine.

Luke and anakin were expert pilots with no training.

UIts main line starwars branded by disney so they follow the "young adult fiction" model where the main character is unreasonable powerful through birthrite or chance without ever having to work for it.

All that matters is could a sexy force trained twilek give me a force handjob.

It was shitty movie, there were no stakes the entire film if she was in the scene, and you are absolutely right. People were just desperate to have a good one since the PT was so lacking, so they pretended it was good. Also, heaping on a ton of nostalgia with the older OT characters helps mask how bad the new characters were.

Finally most people don't know what good writing and characterization is anyways.

The PT sucked but at least it had some cool NEW concepts and the main characters got fucked up.

I'm surprised you still give a good stiff fuck, OP. Tell me: how much are you going to tolerate Disney ravaging your beloved little franchise in its ass and while every high bidder runs a train on its mouth before you realize it's long dead and you're watching necrophilia in action?

Christ, I gave up on the whole universe after the awful Clone War movie.

>I can ALMOST buy that she knows the Millennium Falcon better than Chewie and Han
I got mad and had to pause it (didn't see it in theaters) to walk around for a minute.
That was their "home", they even said it. While he's fiddling with controls and Chewbacca is hurt or whatever, she says everything Han is thinking and then improves it and fixes it. She called the ship garbage, I doubt she's been inside it before, how does she know it so fucking well? I thought she scavenged for scrap from vehicles, not repaired them.

What fucking palnet do you live on?

Spoken like a true nigger who doesn't understand jedi training.

Vader was about to push his shit in, Han saved his ass in the trench. Han and Luke combined are the saviors of that battle, working together.

Also, the problem isn't about being occasionally successful. Watch the OT, and in the first one Luke's asshole is saved by someone else the entire film. Rey is literally never in any trouble the entire film during TFA, and is competent and self sufficient at everything.

Pic related, one of the things better than Luke.

I figured she'd had training, but her memories were locked away when she was placed in hiding on Tat-two-een.

I'm a sucker for training scenes. Rocky does montages where he's running and boxing and it plays cool music. Star Wars had different times it would pop in to see what Yoda was putting Luke through
I wanted to see her do that. She's instantly good at things. Then, in true Mary Sue fashion, everybody likes her. This thirsty nigger (was just in the desert for hours, first thing he does is find water) looks up from his drink and hears a girl yelling. He runs over to help her. She looks at him, charges at him, and chases him.

later on, he says "the first time you looked at me..." and doesn't finish what he's saying, but he loves the bitch because she looked at him. That is what mary sues do in fanfiction.

She seemed pretty young when the junk shop guy was pulling her away (in that scene she touches Luke's lightsaber while it's in the chest) from whoever was giving her up

So she's the Wolfang Mozart of Jedi-ism? I'm trying to polish a turd here.

Why? It's dead, Jim.

the moment she could speak to bb8 and chewbacca I fucking lost it.

you are all forgetting that rey actually was trained in the force.

jumping around all those derelict ships scrapping them for parts she was learning all kinds of tricks and just didn't connect it to the force. bc she just didn't know about it. basically if anakin had stayed on tatooine long enough to master his podracing skills

she was in tune enough with it to have visions remember?

>snotty farmboy
>scrapper orphan

explained.

Why is Katniss in Star Wars?

I can jump 1ft further than the average person. I must have knowledge of the force!

You sound like you're trying to validate the massive amount of catering to women they did in the movie.

> Rey is a mary sue

> All she did was learn the force a little fast, and it's already established that Rey has cqc and close combat training

> Luke learns the force in the Falcon for a few hours

> Somehow manages it to use it Blow up the death star.

Sure Rey is a mary sue.

that's because they are...

>A couple of weeks training

More like years, obi ghost kenobi was all talking to him the whole time. On top of all the rebellion stuff he was doing. And he still wasn't considered a Jedi master when he fought the bad guys. He considered himself a Jedi at best.

> survived against Vader

Who was clearly pulling his punches

> and the Emperor

Who was frying the fuck out of him without any effort until Vader blindsided the Emperor.

> Luke and Anakin were expert pilots with no training.

Except that one did it constantly in his free time and was aspiring to become one and the other started out as a pod racer before becoming a pilot.

You've no idea what you're talking about.

A little fast? Since when is instantaneously getting to high level ability "a little fast"?

>luke blew up the death star by himself

are you really that retarded? he did almost zero force skills in Epi IV and by the time he did anything in V, he'd been training with yoda, which no timeline is established. it could have been an hour, it could have been months.

A prompt to push the button at the right time?

K

Fuck this movie and especially the little cuck-ball.

That's uh...really dumb. It shouldn't be validated because otherwise it will keep happening. I'm all for cool female characters, I just don't think they should have everything.

Luke doesn't do anything on the level Rey does for a couple movies.
They fucked up by having the movie paced so fast. She's moved from scene to scene with no time to cool off. She wears the same outfit the entire movie.

but Luke who volunteers to shoot something small "I shoot something that small all the time" and believes in Ben Kenobi saying "use the force" is getting shit on for the exact same thing SHE did in the beginning of the movie right after taking the Falcon "I don't know! I've never done that before" she says in celebration with Finn

> thinks he's trolling fan boys by giving them a chance to vent and explain shit that's been bugging them about the movie.

did we ever hear what age rey was when she was dropped off on Jakku? She might have had some training before and had her memories altered

You just can't handle a strong female character. You feel threatened because she might have a crush on a black dude AND she's competent. That's sad and reflects more on you than anything

I think JJ Abrams made way too many references or similarities to the first movie. Its "original" to people new to the franchise, but to a lot of people the story is quite similar to New Hope. Its painfully unoriginal.

It's a Disney film, this surprises you ...why?

5?

Disney wants to play it safe. It would make a profit regardless, but they need to do the same crap that made tons of money before. Instead of using an R2 style unit again, let's introduce a new "one of a kind" toy to sell. Let's get an orphan girl from a desert planet to parallel Luke

no risks, no rewards

If it takes place after A New Hope then I feel the presence of Jedi to train her is numbering in possibly the low tens to maybe even single digits, unless there was a massive resurgence, and nobody knew about it.

The reason why she was able to beat Kylo in lightsaber combat was because Kylo had only been trained in the force, not hand-to-hand combat, and he was probably still early in his training.

Rey already had experienced hand-to-hand combat because she had to fend for herself on Jakku (as seen when she fended off those shitlords from kidnapping BB8).

But yeah, I do agree that she should no way have been able to use Jedi mind tricks without any training whatsoever.

>those fucking earring holes

Someone didn't read the book. Kylo was trained in combat for years before he was forced trained. nice try

I still think it will eventually cause them to lose money.

What? You think star wars fan boys are sexist?

The same ones that fucking cheered when Leia offed the worm?

The ones that argue Revan is a girl?

The ones that think kreia was the best villain in the series?

We hate that star wars was watered down with this Mary sue crap. Think we care that there's a black guy? Or that it's a girl?

We keep asking for then to bring firefly back.

You're barking up the wrong tree thinking you're a comedy mastermind. It's hilarious. You're giving us what we want. A chance to bitch about our fandom

Wasn't it said that Kylo Ren was the one who went bad and killed the other members of the Ren or whatever?
I don't know how long ago it was, or anything about the expanded universe, but maybe he was in training. He does fight one handed trying to emulate Vader

I love this argument.

>HUE HUE Our interracial love story made the most money.

That is until poop jokes hit the big screen on valentines day...

The absolute ONLY reason VII made money was because it was star wars. By and large by most fans, it is the shittiest movie thats been made. Which is saying so much because Jar Jar was a fucking -24/10 character

Vaders style had nothing to do with using one hand. His style was focusing on protecting his weak spot; his ventilator.

That's not shit either GO TRUMP

Vader does something similar in the empire strikes back. He blocks the blasts with his hand in the cloud city when they capture Han and Leia

It's entirely possible that she's had amnesia, and that when she tries things instinctively, as the force is used by all who use it, she activates a sort of force muscle memory.

But all off Vaders limbs are bionic and probably made out of the best material Sidious would allow.

Why doesn't everyone get it?
They pandered to the widdle bb feminazis so they could shut the fuck up.
The man is still better thanks to jewjewgaybrains

Not necessarily"planets". Just have to be really emo and impulsive. Or attained true Buddha-level patience/training.

>the best sidious would allow =/= the best available

There are very few jedis at this point.
She is strong in the force because the midichlorians need her.
There must be balance in the universe.

this and brute strengthing it while using the force to help his speed disadvantage

we dont use the M word when we talk about star wars

who else besides luke?

Apparently the nigger can just pick up a lightsabre and have at it too. so...

100% agree bump for justice
The entire fucking movie was just,Disney being pc as fuck saying look we added a spear chucker and a female as protagonists

this kills the man

>Hairy Arms
>Fucked up Teeth
remember when the Brits were the bad guys in Star Wars?

anyone can SWING a light saber, but you need to channel the force to become a real master at it. He tried and got his ass beat

name ONE person before Episode VII who used a lightsabre in battle who was not a Jedi, or a trainee

protip : you can't

grievous

Had training. Try again.

Oh yeah grievous wasn't even sith was he?

Boba Fett.

He wasn't considered jedi or even sith though. The difference between jedi, sith and someone else is basically the use of the force.

Darth Maul faggot.

Someone who isn't a god.

Cad Bane, for about 5 seconds before he was disarmed.