I need help on dark souls 1 in anor londo, can't beat ornstein and smoug haven't seen a single summon sign all day...

I need help on dark souls 1 in anor londo, can't beat ornstein and smoug haven't seen a single summon sign all day. I'm on xbox one but using as backward compatible so xbox 360.

Try Solaire

Don't be such a fag! Ornstein and Smough are easy af!!

Bags of sand

Also try that

What's your weapon, level and armor?

His sign is not by the door

I've been trying to kill smoug first then ornstein but he keeps fucking me

Are you in human form?
Did you make sure to talk to solaire on the balcony the first time?
Did you check for his summon sign on the right staircase in the great hall if you are facing away from the boss room?

Git gud?

Im using the lightning spear since it stuns them on 3rd hit

I got the gold hemmed set all since it's light and has decent defense stats

I'm lvl 49
Vitality 28
Endurance 22
Strength 25
Dexterity 15

>Lightning spear.

There's your problem.

Yes I keep using humanity at the bonfire, and yes I've spoken to him every time I've seen him he's at the bonfire inside anor londo by the spiraling staircases with the knights

Use a humanity to go human, then walk over to the opposite stairway in the large cathedral before the fog wall.
Kill Ornstein first, that fashion is much easier.
If necessary, go back to undead burg and upgrade your weapon. You should have above +5 weapons, if not, go grab the large ember in the depths to achieve that. Have fun.

I'm trying >_>

I dunno if this is your first time playing the Souls series, but enjoy one of the defining moments.

Always be rolliing, never be blocking. Use the pillars to separate S + O. You probably want to grind a little, maybe go to 60. You really want to be over 30 in either STR or DEX

And you dont need Solaire, he'll die at some point because he's a dumb asshole. And you're better than that.

Idk if this will solve the problem but pro tip, npcs have different dialogue every time you speak to them until they run out and then just repeat the last thing they say.

You might have to talk to npcs multiple times before a trigger like that happens

I commend the hell out of your underleveled ass going through anor londo, but you need more strength, and an upgraded weapon, if not a new one. Let Solaire tank hits, and get good at rolling, NEVER try to block either of them.
Solaire is amazing for tanking hits for quite awhile + he's a bro

I've done that and his sign is not there, I have a +5 claymore that does 150+150 with scaling. I got the large ember but the giant blacksmith wount take it neither will the one by the church

Solaire's sign is up the stairs to your right (standing at the base of the stairs leading to the boss room, facing away).

Another good trick is to use the corners. Immediately dodge the incoming spear thrust from Ornstein, rush to the right hand corner and let him come to you. Fight him there for a few moments while Smough is walkin' his fat ass over, and when he gets close you run to the opposite corner. Ornstein is so fast he'll just follow along, but Smough takes ages to get anywhere until Ornstein dies, so you can consistently outrun him.
This way you fight them one on one, and they're pretty simple when you do it like that.

Beat them my first try solo. Here's a pic.

Fuckin did this as a onebro on a no summons run. Git gud, learn to roll and use invincibility frames, and smack the shit out of them with a hand axe.

If your not onebro go get the balder swag sword or ricards rapier and combo the living shit out of snorlax then move onto pikachu.

>50
>underleveled
That's about appropriate for Anor Londo.

I don't remember what my stats were, but I know used the Lightning Spear for Smough and swapped to the Zweihander for Ornstein. I also had the Grass Crest Shield cause I like that stamina boost

Not on your first run

>2016
>playing dark souls on console

As user said, use the pillars to separate S&O, go for O if you want the easy fight, he's resistant to lightning so I recommend to change your weapon to something that you could put fire on it. Also you can separate S&O with the pillars going on circles around all the pillars, attack only when you see O close and memorizing his pattern you can easily dodge them (I recommend always dodge them instead of blocking cuz if you block it's more probable that you take damage if you don't have a shield that absorbs 100% damage).

I killed them with the alabard +10 with no problem the first time I played DS, enjoy the difficult of the game

Get the crystal halbred.
Andre of astora will take that ember large ember.
Solaire only appears at anor londo if you talked to him at the undead burg.

Also, I did it being lvl 48

sun sign near the knight that shoots at you before the room. run from smough, kill ornstien, kill super smough. make sure not to summon sun bro until after killing all three enemies in that room

Praise the fucking sun, you cunt!
Sunbro is chilin' at the middle turn of the left staircase if you're looking at the boss door.

Smough first is tougher than Ornstein first.
You could use a Pine Resin against Smough to drop him quicker with your claymore (it's easier being up close, because you can get Smough betwen you and Ornstein), then to a fire resin for your fight with Pikachu.

One thing that I highly recommend on a Smough first strategy is to utiilize the Grass Crest Shield (even if it's on your back, you still get the stamina regen) or some stamina grass. Really helps.
Other than that, Smough first requires some luck and a lot of git gud. Practicing your rolls and strategic blocks (if you aren't wearing Havel's shield or equivalent, blocking everything is impossible) will help, but it really is a big helping of luck.

what the fuck is that? ps1?

PC (Laptop)

I'm going to try using the +5 claymore with gold pine and charcoal pine resin with the grass cress shield I'll try again to see if I can get sun bro to appear since I just want him to distract one of them while I beat the other cause smougs giant hammer almost one shots me and then ornstein does the glide jab with the spear killing me, I'll try to git gud fellow cursed ones

just take off the boots and gloves and get under 60% you fat fuck

still fighting?

git gud

hey ill put my sign up ,my gt has the word explosive in it.

my sign is in front of the fog gate

Yeah I finally found the solar sign helped a bit but they got to me

OP just relax and remember that my girlfriend beat this fight without summoning or overleveling.

I restarted my console I'll be there in a second bro !

my sign is in front of the fog door

Be there in a sec bro

roll for days! it's all about mastering the roll during that fight, try taking off some armour too. it took me a week of on/off play to get past that fight last month.

I'll be the guy with the name hammer in it

user!
Why do you have a +5 weapon! It should be somewhere around at least +7 or +8! Don't tell me you skipped the Capra Demon! I know you're not a pussy, you can do it! Just kill the dogs first! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, JUST FUCKING KILL THE CAPRA DEMON DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Learning the roll timing is key, invincibility starts when your character is no longer touching the ground.

When I first started I found rolling forward INTO an attack really helped me learn the timing.

Panic and greed are the real enemies in Souls. Rolling too early, mashing attacks out, mistiming blocks. Patience and consideration will see you through.

And take breaks!

No I killed the capra demon already first try

would you rather i put my sign near the bonfire?

OP if i had live i'd help you, but you also gotta state your level if you want people to connect

See

dude go in with no armor and solair
sunbro can tank the hits while you use i-frames to negate any damage

I'm at the first bonfire in anor londo
Lvl 49

Did you grab the large ember that's basically right next to the entrance of The Depths? All that's between you and it is a dozen stupid hollows and two doggos.

What are I frames? Look guys I'm by no means a souls expert I'm just trying to get by

I-frames are the certain part of a roll's arch where you are completely invulnerable. A light roll will have more i-frames while a heavy roll with have less.
The concept is complicated and in no way endemic to souls, so learning about it can help greatly on the path to gitting gud.

its the parts of your roll that make you immune to damage.

PRAISE THE SUN.

Ohhhh ok I get it, this guy with the name killer at the end helped me we just beat them woohoo!!
if its any of you thanks broski!

congratulations hammer guy with a scythe

Lol thanks bro, so whose souls do I need for the Lord vessel?

I believe so

Amen praise the sun!

the four kings in new londo,seath the scaleless in the dukes anor londo,gravelord nito in the tomb of giants,and the chaos witch in lost izalith.

>Nito, big skeleton dude at the very bottom of the catacombs
>Seath, white tentacle dragon who likes cursing
>4kings, some dudes at the bottom of a big fuckoff hole in new londo
>Bed of Chaos, aka an obstacle course that's only hard because LOL TREE BRANCHES SWINGING AROUND

git gud

jesus i thought ds1 looked nice when i played it but it LITERALLY looks like it was on ps2 wtf happend?

Thanks man

they're easy as fuck to keep apart, just focus on one while always keeping the other onscreen, if one gets too close just kite him away and get back to it
just gotta watch out for pikachu zipping around like sanic occasionally
also git gud

Already beat him with the help of a sun bro, thanks anyways. Now to go and get the Lord souls