Hey Sup Forums please help a third world user here

Hey Sup Forums please help a third world user here.

How should i say this sentence: "For those who might be interested" or "For those who may be interested"?

Other urls found in this thread:

ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?id=M5315100
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends they are slightly different

Both seem appropriate. Might implies a chance, where may implies permisson, but both work fine.

To whom it may concern m80

"May" and "might" are essentially identical modal verbs, but to this native speaker, "might" sounds as if it implies a lower probability than "may".

Both imply both. Americans prefer "may" when seeking permission, while much of the Commonwealth still uses "might" not infrequently as well: "Might I have another cup of tea?"

>English prof

In Scotland we would just say "any cunt thats interested" or "any cunt that wants"

good answers but honestly you won't need to overthink it. no one is going to overanalyze that

"may" is more likely than "might"

Op here.

I want to share an old movie in a forum. Which one do i need to use?

This is the correct answer.

If you mean "For those who happen to be interested", use might. If you mean "for those who will let themselves be interested", use may.

Admittedly the second use is pretty odd, and honestly 99/100 people won't care or notice the difference. If you're writing formally use might.

no one will care

As I posted upthread, the words are almost identical in meaning, but "might" sounds slightly less sure to my native ear, which would in turn seem slightly more polite.

That said, use whichever sounds best to you.

for some reason ''may'' sounds nerdy to me

OP here.

Thank you so much for all responses, help me a lot.

Cheers, OP. English is a very difficult language, and I learned Classical Chinese and Japanese. English would have been worse.

What's your native tongue?

My native language is brazilian portuguese.I speak japanese too, i'm japanese descendent but I've never visited japan. I start to study english 4 months ago.

moar

Sure why not :)

凄い!只四箇月の英語勉強でそんなに流暢に話せる様になった事は素晴らしいよ!

豊胸疑惑!

ありがとうございます、英語の勉強頑張ってねww

Best pictures I've ever seen

And.. that is all i have from her.

Good dump!

If you are still here, you may find this useful.
ahdictionary.com/word/search.html?id=M5315100

both are right, depending on your audience

^this is smarter than