How is it that music is the only medium of entertainment where nothing good has come out in the last 25 years?

How is it that music is the only medium of entertainment where nothing good has come out in the last 25 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nzU3vqnlyus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Name a good movie, book, television show and video game that came out in the last 25 years.

>Fight Club
>The Road
>Breaking Bad
>Bioshock
Easy

Only semi-good one you named was Bioshock.
How pathetic must we all be when the least shit entertainment to come out in the past 25 years is a video game?

Yes?

You disgust me, and you're wrong.

Also OP is wrong, good music comes out every week, always had and always will.

Listening to this now... It's not very good, like something a indie hipster would listen to. First song sounds like it doesn't have any more than 3 chords lol

I think your problem is that you don't like music

>good music comes out every week
Damn your standards must be ridiculously low

>nirvana
>good

>It's not very good
Why not?
>like something a indie hipster would listen to
Not relevant
>First song sounds like it doesn't have any more than 3 chords lol
more complex =/= better

There's tons of stuff you "born in the wrong generation" cry baby
>bioshock
>good
>those others bad
what the fuck are you on?

A shit post if i've ever seen one.

2/10

Try to be more subtle next time.

Hello there.

Hating Bioshock is such a lazy bait.

Yikes

Flume s good user :S

>>>V
Get better taste

/thread

garden of delete

>subpar console shooter with hamfisted pseudo-intellectual messages
>good

This is such a shitty bait post that it actually aggravates me. kys

>hamfisted pseudo-intellectual messages
I bet you wouldn't say this about Atlas Shrugged? Now would you?

I seem to have struck a nerve with you guys

>le wrong generation

Good art is everywhere. You're just clinging to the falsity that popular = good.

judging from your profile pic, what you mean to say is "rock music," and you would be correct. Try branching out a little into other genres.

Tee hee

No Country for Good Men
The Road
The Sopranos
Fallout: New Vegas

>Only semi-good one you named was Bioshock.

*Old

le fuck

>implying people think Atlas Shrugged is great
>implying Bioshock is anything at all like Atlas Shrugged
At least read up on a book before you decide to meme the same false comparison everyone else does.

Is this bait? How I been wasting my time replying to you?
Hope not.

It's exactly like Fight Club in that it gets a lot of praise for a shallow twist at the end that contributes nothing to the story.

Courtney Love's husband certainly didn't contribute anything

>La Flor
>Los vecinos mueren en las novelas
>true detective
>I don't play video games

here's your (You)
10 to one odds you were only born b/c your grandparents were like "NO ABORTION" when they did nothing to prevent their children from taking up sex as a hobby

was OP Canadian or is Feist actually known outside the North

>Last rock star
>Last person to write a decent pop song

Ok

>profile pic

britbong here, I've been a fan of Feist since my misspent review website droning youth, and I've met a few other fans

B8

that pseudo Disney rock isn't real pop sorry

Fight Club had a great twist that changes the movie on your second watch, Bioshock's is just retarded

>implying ween isn't the greatest band to walk the face of the earth.

No, I just enjoy things that people put a lot of heart and effort into. There's a lot of people out there making music and a lot of it is good, in fact it's really great, I love music, so. Did I say BEATLES TIER MOZART ON NIRVANA MIND BLOOOOWN music comes out every week? No

apparently you havent been listening...

youtube.com/watch?v=nzU3vqnlyus

i dont hate Bioshock, I never said that. I just said he was wrong in saying Bioshock was the only semi-good one. In fact I think Bioshock IS good. That being said, I've never really been that into it, I actually find the gameplay pretty bland

all pleb choices, but fight club is the only real atrocity you listed.

end of the tour
infinite jest
none
none

if you think breaking bad is pleb tier you are truly a pleb. It's normie-shit, but that's different, that doesn't make it pleb.

Yikes, basically all those are disgustingly stale and they certainly haven't aged well.

breaking bad really isn't that good after you've watched the sopranos twice. it's basically the B-action movie version of that show except with an autistic director

wow this is a really COOl post my man really good post I'm reading it I read it 5 times by now oops I read it 7 now hahaha I can't stop reading your post I want to marry this post now that I think about it really GOOD post I'm just kind of not even sure how to proceed from here ahaha I'm a little nervous sorry

This guy is right and anyone who disagrees is almost certainly underage

That's what I thought first, but for some reasons I gave it a few tries, and now I think it's fucking great, especially King of Carrot Flowers pt. 1,2,3.

reason*

>after you've watched the sopranos twice
Ive seen the sopranos al the way through quuuite a few more times than just twice, and I still think breaking bad is the superior show, which i've also seen many multiple times all the way through, so. I don't really see how Breaking Bad is anything like a B-Movie action version of Sopranos when it really doesn't have all THAT much more "action" than sopranos, and that they both derive their direction and cinematography styles from the same influences. I won't argue with you that Vince is autistic, but again, he's not DIRECTOR, he's SHOW RUNNER, he's only an occasional director, usually one episode a season.
I'm 26

>Amélie (2001)
>Baudolino (2000)
>Planet Earth (2006)
>DOOM (1993)

>brooding, genius, borderline amoral lead that would and does go to any length for their family
>strongly opinionated and smart wife whom he loves very much that he crosses in his quest for power
>young troubled protege that's "like a son"
>literal son who only wants to be loved and accepted but feels a divide
>both leads go too far and go off the rails with excess and greed, endanger the family they were trying to protect

even on an episode by episode basis, there are tropes from the sopranos that breaking bad had praise for that were straight lifted. fly in the cook room? basically pine barrens. i mean i won't say the whole show is a total ripoff, but i can definitely see why networks thought the actual summary of the plot was too weak to carry a show that *didn't* rip off the sopranos

I can't go into arguing with you and explaining why you're wrong and what you're saying is just fucking stupid or I'm just gonna be here all day, cheers. Call it a victory if you want.

Breaking bad is fucking trash

It violated my suspension of disbelief like 10 minutes in then by the third episode it had killed it and 3 seasons in it still hadnt stopped raping its corpse over and over again

because you need to re-evaluate your evaluation of it, simple as that

Elaborate, cunt

>No Country For Old Men
>Breaking Bad
>The Witcher 3

i won't even reply if you give me even a few reasons why what i said is wrong or stupid. i know you're wrong already so i invite the challenge. if you can give a good counterargument i'll back off. if not then you do "lose"

There's loads of fresh music coming out. Just that, for a change, it's not white boy guitar bands.

American Psycho
American Psycho
Samurai Jack if cartoons count
Dwarf Fortress

Pretty much this. I watched The Sopranos after I watched Breaking Bad, because I loved BrBa and kept hearing loads of comparisons between the two shows, and also that The Sopranos was the OG TV drama.

My god, at times they didn't even try to hide the shameless ripping off of The Sopranos. I still have a place in my heart for Breaking Bad, but apart from the cinematography, The Sopranos is just a superior show in every aspect, without question.

It's like when I used to think Nirvana were the greatest, most groundbreaking band ever, and then I decided to check out the Pixies.

no

I hate you all, god you have shit taste

OP is wrong, he seems to have never heard of Bowie and his 90s and 2000s albums

atlas shrugged is shit tier

nirvana did it better and breaking bad did it better, but that's if I even really buy this idea that these things need to be compared or contrasted or are necessarily derivative of each other. Pixies is it's own thing, I think it's fabulous, and Nirvana is it's own thing, also fabulous, and I personally prefer Nirvana to Pixies if you put a gun to my head and asked me which I could never listen to again. If you a gun to my head and asked if me which I would rather be unable to ever watch again, Id say Sopranos over Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is a tight, succinctly told story with themes that permeate every scene and almost every line that illuminates itself without being overbearing, it's quite amazing. Also, it just has better characters on the whole, I'd say. As much as The Sopranos is a supreme character study, I don't really LIKE straight up character studies, I like stories. My favorite films of all time are Lawrance of Arabia, Zulu, Seven Samurai, Casablanca, Sunset Boulevard, Patton, The Godfather, Once Upon A Time In The West, shit like that. I like stories that really move and move in ingenious ways. I don't think Sopranos has that, I think the story really slogs and over all Breaking Bad broke story writing conventions by having a series that wasn't a mini-series by any means but was still very finite, unlike Sopranos which could or could not have gone on or ended at whenever they would've liked.

That's either shit taste or contrarian-hipster-tier opinion.

breaking bad is a stupid story tho

>The Sopranos better than Breaking Bad
>Pixies better than Nirvana
What about getting some taste, son?

Ok

Bioshock is shit

It's been a slow, but consistent decline in to absolute mediocrity over the years,

That's not really an argument but of course you are free to think whatever you like, personally I think it's a brilliant story because of the way it adheres to writing 101 in the way other writers often play by their own rules or try to bend the rules, Vince is a stickler for the rules which is why his show is so often praised for the god tier "plotting" meaning that every event and action has meaningful consequences and very deliberate as well, unlike Sopranos which is more episodic, you can feel the reverberations of every past episode in every current episode, the writers forget NOTHING and dont betray ANYTHING that comes before no matter how small, and that's just all concerning the technical end of the writing, I didnt even get into the actual character archs or plot archs. If you think its so stupid and could put it to shame, I really hope you start writing some movies cause I'd love to see how you can do something much better.

If you think Pixies are better than Nirvana you are the king of contrarians.

Pixies is like Nirvana with all the interesting memorable things taken out.

And their influence on Nirvana is overblown, and yes I'm aware that Nirvana themselves said they are a big influence. It's the same thing with Melvins, like yeah you can clearly hear some influence but they are in two different worlds musically.

Thank you

What about not spending so much time on Reddit, son?

Not really contrarian when Pixies in their own right are a hugely credible band that every man and his dog cites as an influence.

I love Nirvana, they are the band that got me into music, but when comparing them and Pixies it's no contest. Doolittle is a better album than anything Nirvana ever did.

It's like calling someone a contrarian because they think The Stone Roses are better than Oasis. Of course they are.

This desu
Bioshock is severely overrated

Nirvana never got as pleb friendly as a song like Where's My Mind or Monkey Gone to Heaven or Wave of Mutiliation or Here comes your man, and the few times they were that level of pleb friendly they created superlative pop songs that take massive shits over any attempt by the Pixies to make a hit.

The only node of interest that Pixies have over Nirvana is time signatures which I mean, meh.

Meanwhile, Kurt was a better songwriter, was able to scream better, able to do more genres well (metal, punk, alt rock, etc) I could go on.

The only reason Pixies get lauded as better is due to their indie cred, it's not "cool" to like Nirvana since everyone likes Nirvana (for good reason)

>Nirvana never got as pleb friendly as a song like Where's My Mind or Monkey Gone to Heaven or Wave of Mutiliation or Here comes your man

Uh, yeah, bullshit. Smells Like Teen Spirit is way more popular with normies than anything Pixies ever did.

This those starbucks junkies will recognize smells like teen spirit while if you played anything pixies 100% guarantee they wouldn't know

Yeah because it's a better pop song. Being pleb friendly =/= having a hit song

Smells like Teen Spirit was pleb friendly but also a stupidly better pop song than Here comes your man, and it actually had balls

Daily about 200 hrs of music are released. That means that about 1,800,000 hrs of music have been released the past 25 years. Even if you spent every hour of your life trying to listen to all of it you couldnt even listen to half of it. So basically you're wrong

Can you all just acknowledge the simple fact that Smashing Pumpkins are superior to both bands and even at their best they weren't even close to touching Siamese Dream.

Sup Forumsirgin here, Bioshock1/2 are considered mediocre at best and Infinite is reviled