Is she a Mary Sue?

Is she a Mary Sue?
Here are a couple of things on the checklist of mary sue behavior

>Exist to be wish-fulfilment from the writer
>Quirks that are supposed to set them apart but aren't actually relevant
>These characters talk to deities, hear or see them, do not show more devotion than other characters, but are treated as if they are more devoted
>Are better than the great wizard with the beard, possibly because they are reincarnated from someone great, naturally
>Are secretly royalty, reincarnated, part of a prophecy, or last of a mighty group
>Everybody likes them. If somebody doesn't like them, they end up liking them

Let's not kid ourselves here, the Star Wars universe is a great setting but most official shit like the movies are dumb as fuck.

(excuse the 9gag watermark, I couldn't find the image I had already saved to my computer, so I just pulled the first one off Google that I saw)

I know the stories are the exact same, they were trying to play it safe
but even Luke didn't force mind control someone, call a lightsaber to his hand, enter someones mind
the only thing I'd accept is that she's a good pilot. he was a good pilot. they can use the force to that little extent that it helps them out, like Anakin did in Episode 1
she was using her powers like a pro. Kylo Ren was trained fairly well and could force choke people, pull them to him, enter minds, and he has all the reason to since he's been trained. He should have kicked her ass, but somehow she just closes her eyes and thinks and she wins

To be fair he was able to pull his lightsaber to his hand fairly soon into his force training. I don't actually remember how long the time-skip between 4 and 5 was though, so if it was a period of months or something, and if he had actually been practicing doing that in the time in between then I might be wrong about that. He didn't seem like he sucked any less at the start of 5 than he did at the end of 4 though, so I more get the impression that force controlling a lightsaber into your hand is pretty small shit even a newbie could probably do. But yes other than that I agree it's a bit overboard how much better she is than he was.

Unless that's intentional, of course. Perhaps neither Luke nor Anakin were the chosen ones, definitely makes sense Luke wouldn't be as he was nowhere near as good as Anakin at any point in the OT. It would be pretty lame for them to pull "Rey was the chosen one all along" out of their asses as the reason why she was just naturally good at everything but I'd expect no more from Lucas at this point.

Or, slightly cooler possibility, she was being sort of 'loaned' those abilities telekinetically from another much more powerful force user. That would be a pretty interesting idea but I'm not sure Jedi mind tricks can go to quite those lengths.

whole disney is garbage star wars was about a man being hero

now its about a woman who is uberstrong and is a hero with her nigger boy friend/side kick

FUCK DISNEY AND THERE GYNOCENTRIC GARBAGE

I agree Disney took a nice steaming dump on the series.

But really now, calling Luke a legitimate hero for anything besides blowing up the death star is something of an exaggeration. He didn't even come close to beating Vader much less the Emperor. If Vader hadn't had a change of heart at the last moment and sacrificed himself to kill the Emperor, Luke would most certainly have died like a bitch.

Today hollywood is mostly remakes of 80's things with mary sue characters, this isn't news

movie was made by the jews to destroy the white race, dont fall for it

while this image is a bit over the top, it is really blatant propaganda. I don't think anyone with half a brain will argue that the casting of a black male and a white female as the two main leads, while making the villain an angsty white male, wasn't a deliberate political choice by the director. He basically said as much himself.

And the Nazi symbolism is even less subtle than in the originals. At least the Empire used to just be generic bad guys with a fascist flavour; in episode 7 they might as well be shouting Heil Hitler. And despite the fact that the original clone troopers were maori, there doesn't seem to be a single non-white empire guy. They're clearly pushing the message that white guy = nazi (as well as trying to keep Nazis as the ultimate poop culture bad guys, because lets face it after 70 years its getting a little tired).

Hardly surprising from the biggest Jew in the most Jewish industry there is, but as I said, at least they used to be subtle about it. Episode 7 might as well have been two hours of nothing but JJ Abrams holding up a middle finger to the camera and shouting 'haha, fuck you white guys.'

The bad guy's lightsaber is a fucking cross for fuck's sake.

she's basically an anime character. And not the good kind of anime character - the kind a 14 year old girl draws and then comes up with a backstory for that occupies ten pages of her secret notebook

>The bad guy's lightsaber is a fucking cross for fuck's sake.
a red burning cross

Of course Jew Jew Abrams is going to make the woman invincible - that's why the movie sucks. Why not just make a superwoman movie.

It's a female protagonist. They aren't allowed to have flaws, otherwise feminist get pissed.

it was 3 years between 4 and 5 within the universe.

Movie was shit and required zero effort whatsoever from Abrams and Disney.

And yet countless normies on facebook will hail it as the great movie that revived star wars. Sure, the prequels were absolute garbage but I'd rather watch something that attempts to be new than watching a two hour long circlejerk over a new hope.

Rey is a fucking garbage character with no character development. Having her beat Kylo Ren also ruined any potential for him to be a decent villain. Darth Vader was at great because he whooped luke's ass the first encounter which let the story go somewhere in episode 6.

God damnit why do feminists have to ruin everything. Fucking don't even get me started on ghostbusters.

the only reason anyone likes episode 7 is because it was better than the prequels. If the bar was any higher than 'I don't like sand, it's coarse and rough', people would have trashed this shit.

The new movie wasn't anything else than a modern blockbuster take on starwars, liked it because of the atmosphere and the effects, storywise it's a rehash of the original and character wise it's shit. The only one of the main characters that was kind of well written was Finn. Rey is too OP, kylo is an edgelord, Han doesn't even wanna be there, leia doesn't know what to do, that pilot guy is super unmemorable I can't even remember his name and why was mark Hamill even in the movie. Finn was alright apart from the fact that he's instantly attached to a girl he meets a day ago and is putting himself in the friendzone.

What rumples my jimjams is how after entering the Millennium Falcon she's an expert on it and shows Chewie/Han a thing or two about it. Han can't scoff and say "don't get cocky", he has to be speechless with respect when she does something right

>Sure, the prequels were absolute garbage but I'd rather watch something that attempts to be new than watching a two hour long circlejerk over a new hope.

I like the prequels for trying to be as original and innovative as the fist three. You're right, episode 7 just feels so lazy.

Poe was the pilot and his death meant nothing because he came back. Somehow he lost his jacket at the crash site but not his other clothes.
Mark Hamill was in it to justify that robot hand on R2D2 scene. The point was to find Luke so he would start training jedi again and restore the order

Don't get me wrong, I'm not Zelda Cycling on Episodes I, II and III. I know they're garbage, but I liked how they tried new things. New robot designs and new robot designs mostly. If it wasn't all special effects, the sets would be the best of the best. I like how they TRIED to make a plot about space politics, but the execution was shit and none of it is felt anywhere except the long talky scenes.
I don't want C3PO and R2 back, I don't want the Millenium Falcon back, or Luke's old lightsaber, another masked guy, an even bigger death star...planet?

>Finn was alright apart
watch the movie again. then compare it to the originals. Remember how well balanced the original three main cast members were?

Finn is a sidekick. So is that pilot guy (no, I can't remember his name without looking it up either, and that should tell you something about the movie - can you imagine not being able to remember Han Solo's name at the end of A New Hope?). Lucas intended A New Hope to be the story of Luke Skywalker, and he still balanced him better with the other characters than Rey was.

The fact the kylio was from gilrs makes it impossible to take him seriously. The lack of depth to his acting skills only consists of him being a whiny bitch. He is a mary sue with daddy issues

she probably worked maintenance on it so I'm ok with that. Her sudden expertise in the force is what bugs me

We know he was trained as a jedi for a while. Nobody likes him. He doesn't win. His flaws outnumber his positive traits.
he can't be a mary sue since he's a big fucking loser nobody likes

to be fair, Adam Driver did MUCH better than Hayden Christensen in a similar role. I think the whinyness came from the writing, and Adam Driver was almost a good enough actor to make it seem like inner angst.

Apparently luke trains rey in episode 8
>what a surprise
And poe and fin are off being interracial bros.
Kylo gets cool apparently too
It may break the jews idea

After reading through the sings if someone is a mary sue then luke is one too.

>Are secretly royalty, reincarnated, part of a prophecy, or last of a mighty group
Luke is the son of Darth Vader

>These characters talk to deities, hear or see them,
though they are not deities he sees yoda and obi wan for some reason and gets tips from the after life from obi wan?

also the points mentioned in the pic
Luke destroys the Death Star by aiming using the force instead of the computer (yeah of course)

Additionally Rey doesnt need even close as much training as Luke does. She has been living on her own on that desert Planet and scavenges for spaceship parts. She is physically more fit because she has to deal with all sorts of criminals using the rod in the picture. If she can fight using a rod she has to have knowledge and experience in combat which is why she can hold her ground against a critically injured Kylo Ren.

Luke has been raised in a home and is a wimp which is why he needs extensive training before he can do anything.

Her power using the force is way too convenient but its not the first time someone is overpowered without having formal training. She uses the force not really at will but unconscious. It is pretty bullshit but that she seems to have a pretty strong will and affinity to the force (probably because of some sort of inheritance or whatever we dont know her parents yet yada yada) while Kylo is mentally pretty unstable.

What i wanna say is that Rey is definitely not a really good character but she doesnt deserve all the useless backlash.
A lot of her power comes from the condition she fights in like Kylo being severely injured etc.
She might be too strong but not as sever as all these fucks make it out to be

If rey is better it's because of powercreep.
Yeah, it affects even movies.

Obi Wan picks Luke to try and beat Anakin because he thinks he's strong enough and good enough to not get tempted by the dark side and redeem Anakin I thought. Like the prophecy was about Anakin

but anyway, I wouldn't have a problem with her BECOMIGN powerful, but it's actually just a few hours, MAYBE a day since she left Jakku and she's controlling a storm trooper, invading Kylo Ren's mind (when she mentions Darth Vader), and beating him at that force thing where you call the lightsaber to your hand. He was already shown to be able to force choke someone and then pull their body across the room

training bits? montage? that's fine, that's normal, jedi need training to use the force to a practical level. the movie took place in too short a time span. if she was only good as a pilot/mechanic in the first movie? that's fine too, that's all Luke did.

underrated post, chek'd

her powerful use of the force is indeed pretty bs.
Thanks for reminding me of the bullshit with the light saber calling because thats pretty stupid.
And the movie indeed took place in too short of a time span.
I really didnt like how it felt like those were max 2 days. Somehow made it feel very amateurish.
I just cant stand it that people talk like kylo ren should have beaten her with his lightsaber althouh he was critically wounded by the fucking chewys fucking crossbow weapon and although she already showed that she is quite athletic and can use a weapon just fine.
The force is indeed bs and its probably gonna be justified in some bs way.

Rey is a Mary Sue. She succeeds at everything she attempts, often on the first try, often besting other characters who logically should outperform her.

While your image compares her to Luke, you can see it when comparing her with any other character.

The title crawl states Dameron is the best fighter pilot in the galaxy. With the help of FN, he steals a ship he's never flown before, gets into a dogfight and barely manages to escape. The very next scene, if I recall correctly, Rey, with the help of FN, steals a ship she's never flown before, gets into a dogfight, and wins completely.

Dameron was the best fighter pilot for 15 minutes, now it's her.

And for as poorly written as she was, 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't bother making the argument. I don't want to stand next to all the dummies turning a lazy script into a liberal jew conspiracy against the white man.

lets be honest here
Luke before the Disney reboot came in was a Deux Ex Machina after the movies

Did you guys not see the apparent script leak? It wasn't actually a script it was the plan for it. It said that Rey might be the reincarnation of Anakin because every time the chosen one dies he gets reincarnated. It would explain

But her name is Rey not Mary Sue.

even Anakin had more failures than Rey

Anakin came up against more powerful foes

Trailer for Rouge 1 looks shit. Fucking Disney. I'm tired of this political correctness. They try to put as many woman and niggers in the movie as they can. Ok, I'm alright with IP man, but Idi Amin? Fuck off.
I will probably have more fun watching the new trailer for SWTOR's new expansion than watching full Disney movie.

Fucking 2016. If not Trump, this year would be the worst since '45

>Just
>Like
>Itachi