I think i have a ruby. anyone have any ideas on how to polish it? are rubies even worth anything if they are like this?

i think i have a ruby. anyone have any ideas on how to polish it? are rubies even worth anything if they are like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lqERTCZsr4g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Looks like dried & seasoned meat.

Where did you get it?

one of those places where they give you a bucket or rocks and shit and you have a sifter and you keep the ones you like

if it is real im pretty sure they put all the cool rocks in the buckets instead of you actually finding them

yeah rite

Amateur geology major here. What you have op is called a spinel not a real ruby. Sorry bruv.

>how to polish

You need gear. Do you care enough to get serious?

Fucking $20 rock tumbler will do the job just fine if you follow the instructions.

>spinel
what you have there is some ancient indian jerky

looks like corundum to me. I wouldn't call it a ruby though. looks like shit. I'd call it "red corundum" if it had no transparency.

I'm pretty sure what OP has is corundum. compare the grain on the surface to rough spinel, then compare it to rough corundum. ruby is corundum, so are sapphires.

Are honestly sure its not dried raw steak?

But yeah, looks like a spinel...

But it would look nice once polished.

some scientist believe it could also be petrified poo.

youtube.com/watch?v=lqERTCZsr4g

not if you want a single flat face, much less facets

Just confirmed with my Geology Teacher at UCLA that this is Rose Quartz...

^Bunch of faggots.

OP I don't think you can accomplish what you want to accomplish. You could polish and make it smooth by rock tumbling it for a while. It will never look like a clear, nice ruby though. The transparency isn't something you can just bring out of the gem.
I agree that it looks like corundum. Which is technically a ruby. This ruby is just really shitty in terms of market value.
It's still a cool rock though and would probably look nice all polished and shiny as a little ball.

Why would you waste the time to cut and polish a rock as worthless as a spinel?

Just tumble the fucker and turn it into a nice necklace or some shit, get a BJ out of it.

WHERE DA SPAGOOTA AT BRAAH?!?

that's stew meat nigga

Saw the same thing.