What was the height of your countrys relevance?

what was the height of your countrys relevance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vl6zMiW3iwQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

16th to 18th century, I guess.

we wasted all our existing mememagic on that match, we can't even beat chile now

it's not like they can beat us either though

glorious Soviet Union

S T O R M A K T S T I D E N

15th-16th, when the sun wouldn't set on the Spanish Empire

Almost same as with Poland.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vl6zMiW3iwQ

1945-2008.

It was never really relevant tbqh. More like constant middle-power

1940, our five minutes in the spotlight

This.

1800-1940 Probably

1953-1973

Yet to come.

Why did they allow that i thought you can't use your hands in soccer unless you're goaltending

Greater romania period or legionary romania period. Both in the early part of the 20th century

Sports: Paris summer olympics 1924
Military: Winter war 1939
Politics: Hosting helsinki accords in 1975
Technology: Nokia 3210 1999 / Linux 1991 (can't decide tbqh)

Thank you finland for linux. I use it for work.

The XVI and XVII centuries

Bump for more funland praise

You were always vying for top dog though.

Nobody has won more 2nd greatest power trophies than France.

With Napoleon you were the greatest power in the world

The 20th century in general was a relevant phase for us. Germany before ww1 still had upcoming worldpower status while postwar ww2 Germany was important as the border against the east.
Relevancy ebbed off from the late 60s on.

probably 1939-49
after that, downsizing our navy (we had 3rd largest navy after ww2) and removing our nukes crippled our hard power
but our soft power has been sustained and has most likely grown since 1931

>(we had 3rd largest navy after ww2

While this is impressive you also have to keep in mind that most developed countries' navies were at the bottom of the ocean

German empire just before WW1 was the most relevant nation on earth, eclipsing even the british empire.

pellagra is not cool

well yeah, that's why we're talking about relevance in comparison to other nations
if other nations are doing less gud, we're more relevant

Sports: When we were with sobiets
Military: 14th to the end of 17th century
Techonology: uhh we discovered uranium I guess and the first oil drill.

>a pole in uk
heh

I'm only studying here and I don't plumb although I wish I did it pays better than fucking customer service kurwa

Renaissance
If history before the unification doesn't count, then fascism

Thanks for not counting in Romans

Romans were not Italians, but Italians are the genetic, cultural and spiritual descendants of the Romans.

Right now.

Aaaaand... it's gone. It was a good run. brb, learning mandarin.

>t-they didn't win haha
Even though both cups are ours?

19th century when we became the biggest naval force on the Pacific

Man to think germans would've won ww1 we'd be ruled by a german dynasty. If we'd still be a monarchy.

We'd practically be a german cryptostate.

Really makes you think.

>falling for the China will take over the world meme

You mean just like sweden?
I can think of more horrible timelines.
The more interesting aspect would be what it would be like to live in a world where nobility would still be relevant and people spoke german instead of english.

Well yeah but as you said the dominating aspect of that timeline would be the power of the nobility and how domineering would the germans be and how much would they care to keep ties to their respective monarchies.

>Poland
>Techonology: uhh we discovered uranium I guess and the first oil drill.
Uhhh...
>Uranium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth, a German chemist
What is it with Polacks always trying to claim the achievements of other countries? Let me guess, Martin Heinrich Klaproth is secretly Mártín Héínzriszcz Klaproth-Wrzybrzrzskwszvz?

15th and 16th centuries

1410 when we obliterated whole German army with barely 100 soldiers

>how much would they care to keep ties to their respective monarchies.
Well just for comparison durng WW1 the kings of Belgium, Romania, Britain, Russia and Greece were German and it didn't really matter much.

Actually there were grassroots movements favouring social democtacy cropping up and becoming more relevant in germany. The Kaisers position was mostly legitimised by germanys wealth and improving conditions as most people had stopped to believe in the divine birthtright and a certain anti-noble attitude was not that uncommon under intellectuals-one of the fruits that were kept from the March revolution who gave the legitimacy to the second empire in the first place.

Germany winning ww1 may have democratisized slowly in the way the brits still have a queen, would have gotten trouble by a massive communist revolt should the economy ever fuck up or alternativly turn into something totalitarian much later without kingly titles as a reaction to modernity and ongoing conflict with the brits and americans.

height?

1945 and onward.
I know you guys hate America, but you're lying to yourself if you still think we're are not the most relevant country.

The whole world watched with anxiousness and in hope on the night President Trump was elected.

Składowska

All signs pointed towards the german empire slowly implementing ever wider social safety nets and welfare though implementing bills covering health insurance (1883) accident insurance (1884), old age and disability insurance (1889), worker rights (1891) and children's protection act (1903). It's only natural some kind of democratic reform would have happened as the middle class had gained more power and the communists became too vocal to just ignore or censor.

Too bad we never got to see what would have happened.

Agreed.

Underrated.

>First scientific and cultural Golden Age
Al-Ándalus
>First -and only- Economic and military height; second scientific and cultural Golden Age
Late 1400s -as Isabel took the throne- to 1763 -after the 7 Years War-
>Third Cultural height
XXth century

We could also say that we've been on a medical height since we've had the best medicine in the world for some time now.