m.ebay.de/itm/302236031953?&sid=fitho696&cmntType=0&kmsi=true
youtube.com/watch?v=xs7jTKyeFC4
clyp.it/gdzchscy
youtube.com/watch?v=pTeP5xEMd0w
youtube.com/watch?v=a1wpaSYmecQ&t=337s
guitarcenter.com/pages/Trade-In-Trade-Up.gc
musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-vintage-modified-bass-vi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wasnt there some dickhead on here a couple days ago calling himself president epiphone or some shit?

Man those ESP teles are looking pretty sweet.

The blacktop series is MIM and similar in price to the modern player series, maybe check those out.

Æsthetic/10

POST YER GUITARMS!
1. Mexican Strat from '93
2. Squier Bullet Bass from '83
3. Epiphone Firebird (Soon to be sold)
4. Cort Ce403T

Thanks, it's really up to whether I want to spend the extra cash on a mim Fender over a Yamaha now.

are firebirds junk

Is semi-hollow strat working with single-coils?

yes

How can I get the most out of this compressor? I'm using it for sustain and as a compliment to my big muff for that David Gilmour sound, but I've never used a compressor pedal before.

even with vintage weak ass pickups?

They really are. That's why I'm getting rid of it

1. Ibanez AF-105 (with Seth Lovers)
2. PRS SE 277 semi-hollow
3. PRS McCarty Korina Soapbar
4. Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
5. Fender ThinSkin '62 Reissue Jazzmaster (w/ Mastery bridge and Pickup Wizard pickups)
6. Fender American Standard Jazz Bass

whoops, forgot pic

Don't turn the sensitivity up too high

Compressors are pretty much redundant when used with any kind of distortion or fuzz. IMO they're only useful for fattening up and evening out clean sounds (and I play clean or nearly clean all the time and leave my compressor on 100% of the time). What compressor are you using?

you replacing it or just selling?

Oh never mind, saw your pic. Dude it's a 2 knob pedal and 1 of them is volume. You should be able to figure it out :-/

Sure, why not. Fender Japan makes one like that.

Selling it to get a Tele or a high end Yamaha Pacifica

Isn't the point of playing clean that you can alter the dynamics of your playing much more which a compressor nullifies?

I forgot to bring my guitar to work so I can compare it to some Strats at the guitar shop afterwards. Should I go and play some Strats anyway?

>Japs
This is disgusting.

Yamaha 611VFM is much more versatile than any Mex strat.

>Yammy is cheaper, more versatile with more or less same build quality
>But MIM is a proper strat

If you want that strat sound and feel, than go with the Mex, they're great. The Yammy has name brand duncans in the form of a beautiful SP90-1n soapbar and a Custom 5 TB-14. You dont really see any humbucker/P90 combos, so for me that's an obvious choice.

People say yammys have no souls and just halfway cover everything well, but never do anything great. Absolutely fucking nonsense if ever I've heard it.

Was just looking at these. Where are they produced?

I am curious what's the difference between a chambered body and a chambered body with F-hole.

Yes but he needs a compressor to mask his inconsistent picking intensity hahaha

Maybe a little bit less feedback on the non f-hole body ( an ES335 vs a Lucille for example) they would would otherwise sound nearly identical imo. Chambered bodies don't really have much of an acoustic presence.

Lucille signature is not the same as a ES335?

eheheheheheehehe fuck you, buddy

It's more between a mexi Tele (either standard or HH) and a Pacifica 311H. I didn't consider the higher end pacifica... I have no clue to be honest.

probably japan

Light compression can even things out while still retaining most of your dynamics.

I was hoping so

i wasnt laughing at you friendly, you can't play

That Yamaha is made in Indonesia.

It has no f-holes

is it safe to buy a guitar off of ebay? I found an used mexican strat for 350

Any proof of that? What about the 311?
Hmm

>David Gilmour can't play guitar

lmao @ your life

The price is right, get a good look at the pics? Will they take it back?

Would a hollowbody (not semihollow) with no f-holes give less feedback, and have a richer sound than a semihollow?

Yamaha has factories all over the place just about, Japan, USA, Korea, Indonesia and Taiwan. Obviously the higher end and signature stuff is USA/Japan. Specially the 611VFM series would be Korea/Taiwan/Indonesia. I have also heard that Yamaha has Chinese factories for the low end budget stuff.

I really don't care where stuff is made because it all depends on the factory's production processes and post-production inspection and quality control. I've played some absolutely awesome Epiphones but also some absolutely awful cheap ass Chibsons. Just the same my Indonesian made ESP LTD played better than the 3 Les Paul fadeds I played from the 2016 batch. So country of manufacture doesn't mean anything to me.

I still think it's funny though that a Korean/Taiwan/Indo factory can make a high end instrument with high end name brand hardware for a reasonable amount, yet chinese labor houses owned by large conglomerate brands can't. I wonder what the connection is there...

More often than not you will find lower end models from factories people usually hold in high regard to be of poorer quality than higher end models from cheaper eastern factories.

he got six pictures, all types of scratches and elaborate description of what he did with it, no taking back tho

Can you actually left a guitar body unfinished still keep it working?

It would have less feedback than a hollowbody with f-holes but still more feedback than any semi-hollow. I prefer the sound of a true hollowbody but it is less versatile than a semi-hollow.

is chambered body with F-hole still semi-hollow?

Stay away, you can find really nice one's for $300, if they won't take it back there's more wrong than they're letting on.

>Is it Hollow?
No
>Is it Solid?
No
>Is it Partially Solid/Hollow?
Yes
>A synonym for partially is...
Semi

Therefore yes

Semi is not a synonym for partially.

Technically yes, if you mean tone-wise it depends on how chambered. If it's something like this I would say yes definitely.

no I can't, since I'm in germany it's rare to see a used mexican strat that cheap

For the less versatile part just get a Les Paul to cover the other side of the tonerange

>only shit colours for mim Teles available
Fuck this shit. I don't want a strat either. I think I'll just go for the Yamaha.

They say the chambered les pauls sound even better and richer than older les pauls
Of corse it does, it is semihollow
FUck gibson

is that strat tremelo will naturally decrease the attack and make sound less harsh than hardtail?

how are mustangs (the guitar not the amp) for somewhat heavier stuff? the guitar center in my little town doesn't carry them but I'm a fan of short scale guitars and wanna give one a try

My main gear. Just picked up the new acoustic a couple days ago, plays beautifully

Rate my tube amp's tone when Power amp not saturated (master volume on 11h)
clyp.it/50e0nq0o

>it's rare to see a used mexican strat that cheap
That should tell you something, it's hard to say, repairs can be expensive. I'd worry about a broken, stripped or otherwise inoperable truss rod. How do the frets look?

>Geiger counter
Nice

No, properly set Strat trems should be indistinguishable from a hardtail.

Update: we made it through customs

>Chicago
>666
They got the zip right.

Can be fun, but most of the time it doesn't want to play ball, very finicky

Yea gave me a gentle kek once I noticed

I dunno I'm no expert on this m.ebay.de/itm/302236031953?&sid=fitho696&cmntType=0&kmsi=true

youtube.com/watch?v=xs7jTKyeFC4

Master on 10 - EL34 satured to the max
How does it change the sound?
clyp.it/gdzchscy

why do people usually put a hotter pickup for bridge position on strats? Is that they just want punchy feeling but not that much treble?

Its a hard pedal to learn to use but it's well worth the time put in if you want to make noise music

youtube.com/watch?v=pTeP5xEMd0w

This japan man is the greatest player of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=a1wpaSYmecQ&t=337s

Is there an essentials list for acoustic solo guitarist like Kaki King or something? I've recently got an acoustic guitar but I hardly listen to acoustic stuff and I don't know what songs to learn.

Scratches don't bother me, It needs fretwork, possibly a refret, see my pic the frets should be crowned, some amateur took and leveled the frets without crowning, it'll never intonate correctly. The low E side of that fret is high.

thanks for the effort man. would you say it's worth for the price? or if not for how much

$1800 for a Vox Cheetah

Do I do it?

Not at all

I wouldn't touch it in the states for any more than $100 +$200 for restoration. Take into consideration the cost of a refret or crown & polish if your lucky, but most of that fret is gone, where does that put you in terms of cost of instrument + work that needs to be done. Where does that put you in terms of other prices you've seen?

I responded to my own post.

That shouldn't happen. But you can't avoid resonance if it's not hardtail

With strats, do you just feed the string through those holes in the back plate, up through the tone block and then out through the bridge? Or do you cut the string balls like a floyd rose and top load them?

Ive never played or even owned any kind of fender but I know the pain in the arse certain types of tremolos can be.

Learn me how to bar chord, gg

Just keep practicing. Eventually all your fingers will go down as one shape

>you just feed the string through those holes in the back plate
yup

Start with just your index finger barring all frets

1. Jackson PRO DK2M
2. Jackson PRO RR3
3. Fender Mustang KC-69
4. Yamaha LL6
5. Squier Vintage Modified 70's J bass

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass (MIJ, modded w/ black hardware)
Spectorcore 4 (fretless)
Music Man Bongo 4HH

What's going on with this limited time trade-in trade-up deal at guitar center?
guitarcenter.com/pages/Trade-In-Trade-Up.gc

It says it's a limited time thing but I thought they always did this? I go this deal back in January. Are they stopping doing the trade up 15% discount all the time or is this just some kind of fake sale?

Cutting the string balls off for stringing a floyd isn't exactly a big pain in the ass.

Yeah, doing this but even then i have to press so hard and even then the g string is silent

Any of you use the BIAS amp sim? Is there a superior amp modeler?

Also roll your finger back a bit but make sure it's right up against the fret

Compressed cleans are god tier for funk music.

the pentatonic scales are so nice...

I'm wondering the same thing for my bass. I was going to try the demo of S-Gear today. It has pretty great reviews

Is this an actual bass guitar or is it some kind inbetween a guitar and actual bass thing? musiciansfriend.com/bass/squier-vintage-modified-bass-vi