What actually stopped you from killing yourself Sup Forums?

What actually stopped you from killing yourself Sup Forums?

Getting a job, so I don't have time to think about suicide that much

To be honest, the constant fear/worrying that if I killed myself, people would have to look through my room and see all the gay, weird, or otherwise questionably legal/moral shit that I have laying around.

was afraid that if I failed, I had to live on

drugs. There are awesome

Drugs

The possibility of endless opportunities and experiences every day :)

Didn't matter that I got a job, got a girlfriend, did drugs. I always end up feeling like I can't escape it

Doubt that I could really pull it off

Any more of pic?

I have a dog.

Your mom

Food

hey that's actually a really good idea

negative

Exactly.... The only things keeping me here is knowing my friends and family would be upset.... and im going to die eventually anyways, might as well just wait for my turn to come naturally. in the meantime, i can live however the fuck i feel because Idc whether i live or die.

Because I'm a coward, and I'm weak, and killing yourself requires more than an ounce of commitment I simply don't have.

Because I know it would kill my family, even though being a financial and emotional drain on them is killing my soul.

Because I lost everything, and I deserved to lose it all, and this is as close to atoning as I can do.

Because I promised her I wouldn't, even when she shut the doors on our life together for ever.

And because I deserved that more than anything, I have to at least stay alive for her.

Because I am young enough to succeed in what ever I want

being genuinely unable to understand suicidal thoughts

don't think you're old enough to understand how life works

Brcause I didnt take enough pills. I took about 15 pills of several differ÷nt kinds and took a nap

be quiet Liam

tinny amount of hope that things will get better.

Started working out, listening to happier music, stopped drinking and smoking weed. Realized life wasn't so bad and with that mentality I got some friends.

Life is good, Sup Forumsros, we'll make it

I work from 8 to 8 most days yet think about it most of the time not at work.

i think this is one of the biggest reasons why i dont

if i were to destroy everything and burn all the dumb shit and weird fleshlight stuff i have i'd be pretty comfy dying in some remote mountain

i also don't want them finding my corpse, it would be very deformed from a shotgun blast

as shitty as life was/is, they definitely do not deserve to see that type of gore... my folks are such nice people

each time I thought things would get better and that it couldn't get worse it always did, family friend dies and your gf of two years cheats on you with your bestfriend then you end up homeless for a while then as soon as you get back on your feet work lets me go

>Because I promised her I wouldn't, even when she shut the doors on our life together for ever.
>Beause I deserved that more than anything, I have to at least stay alive for her.
Literally the only two reasons why I'm alive.
Je vuex tuer moi meme

Was about to, until I found out the magic behind growing pot.

Life is kinda okee,
Still do fun things from time to time.
Drives me to do more in life and be active.
Everytime when i think about the future i am scared that it will not be as good as my past.
I am starting to lose more and more friends. I really need to get a new hobby or something like that. Or overal spend less time on the computer. Still have faith in myself. No one cares about this post, but it helps me a lot to tell this to someone. I am afraid to tell this to anyone i know in real life. I don't really trust anyone with my feelings anymore. But /b you guys are alright.

LSD

I've spent the last 7 years sucking on my little sisters dirty panties without her knowing.

More or less what keeps me going. Dunno what I'll do when she leaves for college soon.

that was pretty good the time I did it felt great about everything after for a few weeks

Either you're underage, or old enough that it's pretty pathetic you still live at home.

It's a thread about depression, probably a lot of people live with their parents and are depressed. I'm not him, just saying though.

not throwing shots but what would you consider to be too old to live at home

Not him, but I'd say the oldest acceptable age is 25, and that's if you did the master's degree thing and are having trouble getting a job.

I live at home, but we live in a college town and I'm just finishing up my 4th year. Doesn't really make sense for me to move out when I live 10 minutes away.

She's going to school in another state, though.

Pic related?

My collection of lint... and my love of rice paper folding.

this

I'm nineteen and where I am it's pretty normal to move out at eighteen when you start Uni sort of feel a bit better with that reassurance

Yes, pic related.

That's still pathetic.
I've had medically diagnosed severe chronic depression for 11 years (since I was 14), and have multiple physical disabilities and I've still managed to at least function as an adult.
I'd bet a good chunk of money that half the people who post on here about depression have depression as a symptom of some other issues in their lives like self-loathing for not being functional that would be solved with some Ritalin, a job, and a couple months of actual therapy.

Sucking logs of shit from his ass

Has anyone else had a therapist give up on them?
>I was 13 months in

Grow up and get over it faggot

Clearly under 25, or very little life experience. Can't just get over shit man, some things stick to you for life.

Where did you get friends user?

Exactly, thank you.
It's hard to get over shit when you're this deep in the rabbit hole of depression

It's weird that you think somebody who is able to move beyond things and stop them from holding them back must be immature. I think most people see that as a sign of maturity.

Which is why we laugh at children who thing the world is going to end and get so worked up over little things.

Took a bunch of LSD and realized it would not solve my problems based on what I believe to be true.

The ability to contextualize doesn't make someone immature.

Depression doesn't function that way. If you're able to just "get over it," then you don't have actual diagnosis Depression, you have the symptom depression.

Real depression, the kind that literally requires meds for the rest of your life, makes it borderline impossible to move on. In fact, most therapists and psychiatrists believe that all they successfully do is help you figure out how to block it when you need to.

Depression causes life affirming moments to stick harder, to make longer lasting impressions, and hold those impressions for decades or longer.

To dismiss someone dealing with real depression because they didn't "get over it," is to admit you have no clue what depression is or how it works.

I'm a shrink, AMA

I like your dedication user.

I'm not arguing with you on that point.

But how the fuck is any of that relevant to whether someone is under or over 25? If you critized them for not knowing how depression fuctions - fine. But to say they must be immature is just an argument that makes no fucking sense.

Because my rooftop will still be there in a year.

More?

Knot failed.

Which time?

First attempt, cut my legs until I hit the femoral artery. When I was sure the bleeding would keep going, I went to sleep. Don't know own why I woke up.

Second attempt, bottle of vodka and everything from the medicine cupboard. Dad unexpectedly came home from work early and called 911 in time.

Third (and latest) attempt, shot up a gram of heroin after 6 months of sobriety. This time, door was locked, middle of the night, paid extra for bomb dope. Woke up, high as a fucking kite, unable to walk, speak, or maintain a coherent thought but I was still breathing, heart still pumping. Slept so much I missed work, coworker came to check on me, freaked out and called medics.

I still fantasize about it, but now I have a girlfriend who I couldn't imagine leaving behind. Second she does tho, I'll be next in line for Hell.

smoking weed made it okay, bought 7 ounces smoked half of it and sold the other,
my mind was in such a cloud and I didn't care about anything

Broken firing pin.

It's fixed now though.

Dies*

Not being a fucking pussy and faggot.

Would you take any of that as a sign, as shitty as you probably feel?

Nothing.
I succeeded. Somehow - because of the way that the world works I feel that my life continues even though I've died many times in many ways. I'm not sure when my conciousnes will end thoughl