Alright guys, I have a song stuck in my head and I need help. It's a classic rock song I believe...

Alright guys, I have a song stuck in my head and I need help. It's a classic rock song I believe, I have no clue the title or artist, I just know it from shows and movies, mainly Family Guy or American Dad. I'll try to describe it the best I can but it's just the beginning tune I remember so consider this a challenge.

Basically, the song has a relatively slow tempo and there's no instruments except for one tune that's probably a keyboard. It's just a long low note, then a short rest, then a long high note. That alternates and I've been whistling it for a while. It's driving me crazy so hopefully there's a hero out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

tunefind.com/show/family-guy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think it's worth mentioning that there's a but of vibrato in the notes too. Also the song sounds like The Doors but I don't think it's them. I checked a bunch of their songs.

Self bump before I go insane

If your goal was to make me hum like a retard, then congratulations.

Any more info than long low note and long high note with vibrato?

I would post a vocaroo but the website doesn't work on my phone

I have nothing else sadly, it's bothering me so bad.

I opened my guitar tuner and whistled the tune. Low note is D# and high note is A#. Not sure if that helps at all and it probably doesn't.

Well, only option now is to kill myself

One more shot... do you remember anything about any scene that you heard it in?

Nope, not even that. I would've mentioned it if I remembered. Thanks for trying though. It's driving me insane lol

Are there any lyrics at all that you can remember?

No lyrics, just the intro tune.

Source on pic?

Don't have, sorry. Someone else might

Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth

One that immediately springs to mind is Journey - Don't stop believing. I don't know what a vibrato is though, so I'll look that up, maybe it'll give me a hint.

Pretty sure this is it from the two notes you transcribed, user

THAT'S IT, THANK YOU SO MUCH AND THANKS EVERYONE ELSE FOR TRYING. I CAN DIE HAPPY NOW.

You're welcome user, good job on describing it actually

tunefind.com/show/family-guy

Darude - Sandstorm

Thanks! Wish I could've given more detail but apparently it was enough