Using only words, explain the difference between a pie and a cake

Using only words, explain the difference between a pie and a cake.

>using only words

Pastry crust. That's about it tbhfam.

you're restrictions are too harsh noone can explain the difference with only words.

Pie put stuff in, cake put stuff on.

this, confirmed by dubs
/thread

It's the opposite

>using only words

One is a pastry with an outer crust and a filling - this is pie

The other is a whole pastry with no crust and rarely has filling. It is porous and significantly more airy, also not crisp - this is cake.

The third is a humongous faggot who doesn't know how to brain - this is OP

No one has a birthday pie

Have you taken the brown pill yet, mateys?

it's a tough pill to swallow! The brown pill was founded in 1999 by Sir Reginald Brownpill

Forget red and blue pills, brown pills are the way of the future.

Swallow the brown pill today! Red pills are for fedora fucking wearing faggots, blue pills are for the ignorant masses. Ignore the other le epin Sup Forums maymays, this one is the readl deal.

cake is made from a batter
pie is a filling surrounded by crust

>Using only words, explain the difference between a pie and a cake.

Fine then. Some flavours of a cake are great, pie is always terrible.

>cake master race
>inb4 some piefag bitches at me

Ingredients

Pies are filled with meat and cakes are desserts.

goo in a bread vs bread in a goo

Pies have fillings

Cakes are pastries

I like it

found the piefag

Sweet bread and frosting=cake

Crust containing a (usually gelatinous) filling=pie [π]

i was about to drop some baking knowledge on y'all but it's already been explained. Pies are made from dough. Cakes are made from batter. OPs are made from fags. And fags are made from fuccbois.

Typically, the differences between pie and cake are minuscule in explanation but make a world of difference in execution. One of those differences is the texture of the dough as a finished product; With cake, the dough is spongy and springy, with billions of tiny air pockets that make it more absorbent. Pie, however, has a thinner and more flaky base -- more of a crust, if you will -- that serves no purpose other than to hold the filling in place.
Filling, by the way, is another difference between the two deserts. Both mediums can have filling, but the amount makes a difference. Typically, cakes have a much smaller amount of filling -- if any -- which usually consists of some sort of creme or chocolate reduction. With pie, the filling is the main attraction, the centerpiece of it all, and typically is made of jammed fruit. However, pie can have root fillings (like sweet potato) or savory fillings, often with meat or mashed potatoes (shepherd's pie).
That happens to be another difference; flavor. Cakes are always sweet. Pie can be sweet, too, but typically consist of a "sharper," less subtle sweetness that some find offputting. Pie can also be anything but sweet.

Those are the main differences between pie and cake.

Nah I agree with you fam. Just needed to use that pic. Cake > Pie

Whoops! Correction: Cake isn't made with dough. It's made with batter, as specified by . That's the single biggest difference between cake and pie that I haven't mentioned.

In non-America, pies and cakes are very different. For 95% of the worlds population pies are savoury, often filled with minced meat and vegetables while cakes are sweet and sugary.

You fucking autist why the hell would you take a thread like this so seriously

Pies are made from dough, which is made from batter. Where's your god now?

fuck

Literally untrue, by the way.

pie is made of pastry and is hard and flakey, cake is made of dough and is soft and moist

dough is not made from batter. Dough is made from flour, shortening and butter +/- sugar +/- salt +/- water or vodka to bring the dry ingredients together into a dough.

Quite excellent. You win

because these things are IMPORTANT.
you are just sad because you don't have anything you care about as passionately because you've spent your whole life being creampied and strawberry shortcaked by your father.

Lol ok. I only know how to eat food and poop. I don't know how to make it

it's very important to me, on a personal level, that you accept and understand this information.

How would you ever survive on your own?

Got it. I learned today. Will not make that misake again

It would be tough. A lot of microwave dinners

You gotta learn how to cook user, if the apocalypse happened, microwaving stuff would be hard.

Smell

Definitely I'm actually working on it. It's not like there are 1-2-3 books for cooking. I mean not like a cookbook. I don't know it's just a difficult thing to learn if you don't have someone around who can really take the time to teach you. That will be my homework tonight - I will look on YouTube for stuff like that. How do you feel being somebody's inspiration? You just inspired me. on that note guys I gota bail. You guys are great. Here's a pie

Godspeed user, go learn how to cook and better your life.

that's a cake, noob. seriously you have no hope.

That is an unbaked pie user.
If you can't see that, you're the one with no hope.

you eat poop?

He's from earth dimension J19ζ7

Kek

A cake is made from a viscous liquid called cake batter. Baking the batter in a pan turns it into a sweet, spongey, solid bread that is often layered and frosted.

Pies consist of three parts: crust, filling, and top layer. The crust is an often sweet, flakey, pastry. The filling ranges from savory to sweet. Popular fillings include: blueberry or apple for sweet, and chicken or beef for savory. Pies often have a top layer of crust to seal in the moisture of the filling.

It's not a pie, it's a giant tart.
If you can't see that you have no hope.

If you really want to learn how to cook, watch "how to cook well" with Raymond Blanc. All the episodes are on on youtube.

Each episode he makes a series of dishes using a single cooking technique. He covers slow cooking, baking, braising, grilling, sautéing, and a bunch of other ways to cook food. This way you can learn actually cooking techniques and apply them to what you are making, the episodes are also filled with wonderful recipes that you can try to replicate if that's your thing. The rest comes from experience and cooking often. A simple way to improve your cooking is to taste your food throughout the process and make small adjustments to your liking. Making these small adjustments often improve recipes (except for baking!) and it makes the food your cooking your own expression, which I think is the most important part.

You're not my buddy, pal.

heh

I just baked a cake.
It wasn't a pie.

Pie has filling in a crust. Cake is the same all the way through, normally with frosting.

Pie is good, cake is not.

check your facts

A pie is pastry with a filling.
A cake is a batter that is baked.

/thread

you all can go home.