Why is the second half of this album so great and why is her fanbase so retarded?

Why is the second half of this album so great and why is her fanbase so retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71111446#p71121847
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71111446#p71122053
clyp.it/24rbz1gu
clyp.it/lditk0gl
last.fm/user/SenPyro
ew.com/article/2015/08/26/grimes-new-album/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. the whole album is great
>inb4 scream, california, fwb, belly of the beat
2. why do you believe her fanbase is retarded? why are you generalizing like a dipshit?

like the album a lot, sadly a large portion of her fans are NEET male virgins who have nothing better to do but shill and post online all day

>2. why do you believe her fanbase is retarded? why are you generalizing like a dipshit?
lmao the mental gymnastics of these people are insane, literally killing any potentials grimes had as a lasting artist

Because her *fans* were actively criticizing her change of style with the pretext of
>omg she's cathering to the mainstream oh noez what should we do

is it your first day here?

>generalizes like a dipshit
Holy shit, could you be any less self-aware.

don't bother its the same creep who defends grimes like his life depends on it
ignore him

go look @ her facebook likes and see who the majority of her fans are

then take a look in the mirror cause you're fucked like the rest of them

Why are people obsessed with this album/artist?

would really like to know why people are this nuts about her, is it a handful of freaks trying to shill hardcore is does it go deeper than that?

you're wrong. only the hipster wing of her fanbase criticized her poppier sound, most of them liked the album. she also gained many new fans.

rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71111446#p71121847

There are always weird creepy fans whòever you are and Grimes has her fair share. That said, the vitriol she gets in parts of Sup Forums is actually worse than the fanbois. It's something far deeper. Go to a/grimes/ general and watch sometime it's a real eye opener.

I mean, her old albums are pretty forgettable, but her change in style brings me to the idea that she might have some actual potential
That's just me and my humble opinion, tho

Fucking shit Sup Forums
So do I listen to Grimes or not?

>her old albums are pretty forgettable
>spotted the pleb
what a shitty opinion

Yes I didn't think I'd like it but it's cstchy as fuck, Visions and Art Art are worth it.

ok then
thanks

why do you want to listen to her music? what is your motivation?

Don't mind my typing, it'a a crappy tablet.

After seeing all the posts here about her, Im curious about what everyone is shitposting about
>tfw shilling worked on you

i liked that Art Art part ;)

Besides her most well known songs which where mostly just catchy, I find myself not remembering even one song of hers from, let's say, Visions
It's an ok album, considering what she was trying to do at the time, but ultimately too flawed for it to not be forgettable

Also fuck my grammar

fine. she's actually awesome. depending on your taste: if you prefer catchy music, listen to visions and art angels first, if you prefer more experimental stuff, check geidi primes and halfaxa first. don't forget about darkbloom ep.

>rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71111446#p71121847
rbt.asia/mu/thread/S71111446#p71122053

i could remember even her weirdest songs. maybe it's just me...

it's a helpful pasta, like it or not

ik, I was just stating the irony of the reply that was given at the time

ok user

All fantastic songs besides scream. Her fanbase is pathetic. I can't tell anyone that I actually listen to this stuff and it's so painful because she is an amazing producer. She has full control of her tools.

Outstanding observation, retard. Facebook has long been known for attracting the lowest common denominator, it doesn't mean her entire fanbase is like that.

>Her fanbase is pathetic
why? because they defend her? post exact reasons.

you

yeah mb bro, Sup Forums is a much better example of the quality of her loyal fans

lmao...

This

Whooopthereitis

Here, you quoted the wrong thread

>implying her fanbase is only on moo and fb

lmao...

The new fans she gained are the kind whose whole vocabulary consists of the words, QUEEN, YASS, SLAY, SNATCH, and WIG. Shit trade off if you ask me.

ZING! Grimes tard BTFO.

>implying that there's any place where a fanbase is not bad

lmao...

twitter? ffs dude

i didn't want to sucker punch grimes fans but that's the worst of the bunch, i feel sorry for her tbqh

yeah but they don't have kids like that autism grimes fan who spam the pics like thisanything her name is mentioned

yes

these fans will grow up eventually

And get a job, maybe in important places

Is her retarded fanbase actually aware that they're turning off everyone else from her work?

that is a picture that supports my argument, autist. stop complaining about images on an image board, you dumb fuck.

its the same picture you spam everyday.

>they're turning off everyone else from her work
only idiots naive enough to not be able to separate the fanbase from the artist. like you. clever people listen to whatever they want and don't give a fuck about fanbases. it's funny to whine about being trolled on a meme board.

What's wrong with it?
I find it pretty representative of the point OP was trying to make.
What's up with the fit of rage?

it's not the same picture, autist. even if it would be the same picture, once a day =/= spam. did you forget where are you posting right now? hint: a meme board.

pro tip: maybe you should stop posting in threads related to artists you dislike.

it's not the same picture, autist. even if it would be the same picture, once a day =/= spam. did you forget where are you posting right now? hint: a meme board.

Literally everyone does this.

Feminist fucked her by trying to claim her as theirs.

You autistic faggots trying to paint her as the savior of pop music is turning everyone sour because frankly her music isn't that good, you guys are attracted for her for another reason.

tl;dr: you hurt Grimes more than you cause good.

i like grimes but i hate you

>is turning everyone sour because frankly her music isn't that good
wait a second, fucker: you said
>they're turning off everyone else from her work

if you pretend her music isn't that good then what is lost if we "turning off everyone else from her work"? why should we care that people don't listen to her music if you say her music is mediocre?

mutual feeling

it isn't -that- good

>typical grimes fan: it's the last hope in pop music

you said she "isn't that good". then why do you care so much that we're "turning off everyone else from her work"? answer this.

Who cares, he's still right.

glad we agree

read what you're typing dude

you guys have no self-awareness

this is fucking scary tbqh

>feminist
There
it
is.

Why are you even answering him?
Him going with the ad hominem argument is just enough proof that you're right.
Just ignore it.

not an argument.

>this is fucking scary tbqh
are you 8? btw, you have cognitive dissonace. you said that we shouldn't "scare" people and then you also said she's isn't that good anyway. if she isn't that good, why people should waste their time listening to her music?

he's right if i'm trump

lmao poor grimes

just listening to this after a long time and OP is right, second half is better

butterfly is obviously the best song in the album

Fact is I don't care that much, I really don't, I never had anything to argue.

The fact is you guys are fucking freaks and her fanbase is a determent to her future success and growth.

this is too spooky 4 me, i'm out

>Is her retarded fanbase actually aware that they're turning off everyone else from her work?

>You autistic faggots trying to paint her as the savior of pop music is turning everyone sour because frankly her music isn't that good

see your stupid logic, idiot? first, you're worried that we're turning off everyone else from her work. then you claim that her music isn't that good. if her music isn't that good, why do you even care?

>said the grimeshater that probably insulted her countless times
>laughing at her
you're the definition of hypocrisy

>ad hominem
>still misses the point
Stop posting and go back to Grimes general, please.

>her fanbase is a determent to her future success and growth.
no shit? she has and will have success regardless of her fanbase. stop being a pathetic whiny wanker.

>There are 12 posters in this thread.
>70 replies

I basically have a playlist where I loop all the songs post Kill V. Maim
Been listening to it for a while now, my last.fm is bloated with it

gimme your profile

and I do the same with Drake

once you'll get tired of that second half, you'll see the appeal of the first half...

Perhaps I will

not him but the first half is garbage. i tried getting back into it and its still really bad

>the first half
correction: actually more like the first 1/3 of the album, not half

it's not. that first half is such a grower... listen to the instrumental versions next to get the appeal. e.g. california instrumental clyp.it/24rbz1gu

I personally dislike it because it's pretty dull
Some of the lyrics are pretty uninteresting and then there's the ching chong ding dong speed rapping which I find unappealing
But, as said before, this is just my humble opinion about it

>Some of the lyrics are pretty uninteresting and then there's the ching chong ding dong speed rapping which I find unappealing
check the instrumental version: clyp.it/lditk0gl

it seems like a different song

Here you go: last.fm/user/SenPyro
Mind you that I have a lot of shit scrobbled on it because I've gone through a lot of stuff that I spammed for no reason other than it being filler music for when I played

Scream is retarded

Venus Fly is way too niggery

i've already done that and still don't find it any good. the 2nd half is really exceptional tho

>clyp.it/lditk0gl
I'm not disregarding those songs, it's just that they don't shine as much as the others did

:(

the first hald is more adventurous. taste is subjective anyway.

it's funny that you listened to that second half so much. the scrobbles of that albums seem wildly unbalanced. at least check flesh without blood again. it's not that different than e.g. realiti.

It is a nice song, iirc it was one of the first songs I randomly heard when I first stumbled into Grimes
I have no idea why I didn't include it in the playlist

put it back in the playlist, it's catchy af. and while you're here, put the intro too because it's not that different than life in the vivid dream from the second half.

I'm gonna give the whole album a listen again ASAP just to see if I'm gonna enjoy the first half or nay anyways
I'm 100% sure I'm still gonna dislike songs like California because I found the lyrics kinda meh and the refrain was pretty much killing me

scream and california are the black sheep of art angels. still, there are 12 remaining tracks if you don't enjoy them. california has an annoying chorus but very good verses and lyrics.

You are all obsessive. It is not virtuous.

Fuck whatever you guys are talking about. California and Flesh Without Blood through Realiti are all fucking amazing.

>I mention this only because the yawn-inducingly predictable cries of "sell out!" that have greeted Art Angels from certain sections of Grimes' fanbase only serve to highlight how little they understood the musical strengths of their hero. Because a hell of a lot of a Grimes fans seem to be above "Pop" music and can only swallow their melodies if they're cloaked in a suitably "dreamy" aesthetic. Which would explain firstly why they're so forgiving of the meandering arrangements and occasionally stifling homogeneity of Visions beyond track three. Secondly, it would explain why the first ~700 ratings for Art Angels were so laughably reactionary as to leave the record with a rating struggling to break the 3.0 barrier. All of which leaves us with the incredibly rare scenario of a new release on RYM whose rating is actually rising as the ratings pile in. Because thankfully, a majority of listeners seem to be recognising what a marked improvement Art Angels is in literally every department.

>Boucher herself, perhaps scarred from the vitriolic reaction to 2014's Go, seems keenly aware that this record would inevitable leave some people behind. "You only like me when you think I'm looking sad" opines Claire on the de factor opener "California"; brilliantly dismissing the kind of fans who fetishize the underground in the same manner as the pathetic male who seeks a girl unaware of her own beauty. Behind every instant half-star rating to Art Angels was an insecure man-child who really believed that "we were the same Claire, but now you're just like all the others". Hammering this point home is the sumptuous closer "Butterfly", the most direct tribute to Boucher's beloved Mariah Carey - seriously, how did they not see this coming? - yet which finishes with this glorious kiss-off: "If you're looking for a dream girl, I'll never be your dream girl". Eh, you can look to more informed sources for the (voluminous) feminist think-pieces but for once they seem valid here.

>no one posts in grimesthread for over an hour
>grimesfaggot, reeking of desperation, bumps it with some insipid shit that no one will read
truly this is the face of being utterly pathetic

>triggered
Lol

>Why is the second half of this album so great and why is her fanbase so retarded?

>>Do you care about what people are going to call this album, genre-wise?
>Describing sound is basically impossible. I always get angry about labels but they’re going to happen.
>>Do you care about hype or people’s expectations about the album?
>I’m concerned with delivering. If I’m going to ask people to pay for something, it has to be really good. I feel like if I’m going to ask people to buy something it has to be good. But I’m not concerned whether or not it’s this or that. When I put out Visions, everyone got really mad and told me I sold out, so I’ve already been there. Whenever I put out music there’s op-eds and outrage.
>>When did you realize that was going to happen?
>When I put out “Vanessa” in Montreal, I remember someone wrote an op-ed in the Montreal Gazette called, “Grimes makes car commercial music.” It’s always happened. I think I’m stuck between an experimental scene and a pop scene. Everyone is always mad when I give lip service to one or the other. If I make stuff that’s too weird, people complain. Then if I make stuff that’s too pop, other people complain. THIS ALBUM IS TWO HALVES. IT'S VERY STRUCTURED LIKE THAT. IF YOU'RE GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ONE-HALF, THEN YOU HAVE THE OTHER HALF.
ew.com/article/2015/08/26/grimes-new-album/

Lol I bet you were one of that initial 700...