If we can assume that there are humans in the Thomas The Tank Engine World, by the existence of the mayor...

If we can assume that there are humans in the Thomas The Tank Engine World, by the existence of the mayor, conductor and fat controller, and we can assume by the varying job types that standard human society exists as well....

How many suicidal teenagers has Thomas and his friends brutally mauled?

If the trains have a conscious, and that they must run on a schedule, Who makes the decision between (potentially) the trains life and the human life?

If Thomas runs down the track at lets say... 50 miles per hour (his top speed according to ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Thomas), and a 175 pound water bag (human body) gets thrown in front of Thomas, what happens?

If Thomas's face is made of clay like in the show, is Thomas stuck with a bloody human clay caved-in face for the rest of his life?

Can trains die? If the trains have a conscious, can they also feel suicidal? Do they 'fly' down the opposite side on the track to end it all?

Tu mal lieber die Möhrchen.

I think you need to put it down mate.
You're thinking too hard about this shit...

YEE

YEE

YYEEEEE BBBOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

YEE boi

all excellent questions OP

that show scared the fuck out of me back then

Just do it. It'll happen so fast that your brain won't even notice the pain after the hit. Because you'll be dead instantly. It'll be a mess though. Livestream on periscope please.

I don't know much about Thomas but if there is the existence of a conductor in Thomas and James iirc, we can safely assume that there is a conductor in every train. The fact that there is a conductor implies that their is some control scheme inside of Thomas's she'll, therefore giving control of the trains motion to the conductor and not the train itself.

Based on this fact, we can gain some insight into the nature of a trains existence. Their paths are predetermined by a network of laid rails that allow them to either go forward or backwards in so far as however far the network of rails allow them to. Their direction is not under their control, as they are guided purely by the pull and push of a lever by the human within their carriage. A train is composed of a large control interface and the engine. Because the human control the engine via this interface, it can be said that the human also controls the train, therefore providing us the existential nature of a train. Thus, what we consider to be Thomas is not a train, but in actuallity a consciousness attached to the train.

Thomas is not in control of his life, for from his perspective, the humans act as an omnipotent divinity guiding his motions. The rails he travels on are not his, his engine is controlled by an external being, and all he knows is what lies ahead on the rail and what has passed. He is no master of his domain. Every aspect of his life is externally controlled by a mystical being that has the power to travel outside of the one dimensional railway.

>How many suicidal teenagers has Thomas and his friends brutally mauled?

Ever wondered why season 8 changed the kid on the bridge? That's one canon suicide.

You bring up a good point. I recognize your contention that humans exist in his world and I would agree that he has indeed slain a score of suicidal teens but I would say in view of ending it all a train doesn't change tracks. They were going to do it anyways.

shit nigga

also checked

It appears to me that the trains have developed consciousness from metal and oil, also the trains have enslaved a part of the human race as they were trained to throw coal in the fires and stoke the engines keeping the train life force alive. So who is really in control here? It would seem the trains.

>Thus, what we consider to be Thomas is not a train, but in actuallity a consciousness attached to the train.
this is deeper than i thought this theory would ever go. nice work user.

Go watch Thomas and the Magic Railroad. Nothing will be the same again.

Thus we can conclude from this that Thomas's life is nothing but a hell where he is forced to carry the burden of an extraneous observer. All he knows is the rail life and that is all he will ever know. If we can consider him to be a rational being, based on his desire for work, rest, and emotions, we can assume he has achieved self awareness and a sense of purpose in the world. This self awareness will manifest into a sense of duty in the world. He believes what he is doing, hauling freight, to be a good for society, but his nature as a train prevents him from seeing the ends in his work. He is forced into a life of endless servitude awaiting disrepair. There is nothing to look forward to in his world but the track ahead. Because he cannot commit suicide as he is but a concioussness attached to a machine, forced to observe a chaotic world change around him while he is powerless to interact with reality and set his own goals and ambitions in motion, for they are swept away by the stubborn tides of change which move just as the scenery around him changes along the rails glued to the earth, he must accept his fate and pretend to be happy, or face a life of misery. It is up to him to engage the absurd world of toy trains for he is forsaken by the creator.

This whole thread is perfect.

It's important to note that, in the show, his face isn't made of clay. It just moves, like yours or mine.

On another note, how many times has a man with a long moustache and a top hat laid a damsel in distress on Thomas' tracks and he just plowed through her?

Not enough, apparently. No captured footage has surfaced.

you forgot the voice of ringo starr being stuck in his life his whole life is hell in itself.

You are standing at a fork in the track at the lever. If you do nothing, Thomas will default to hitting five people. If you pull the lever, Thomas will hit one person. If you tell Thomas what's going on, he will panic and run away to Mexico, get a degree in Philosophy from a shady but cheap university, and drive himself to suicide trying to decide what to do.

I like the third idea.

Is that from a movie?

Nah, it's just the Trolley Problem. Interesting stuff.

This thread has caused enough confusion and delay. I will have you know our railway has a very low to non existent suicidal rate upon it, mostly because playing God and making locomotives sentient actually aids in the sparing of life.

Granted, the increased accident rate on my railway isn't the BEST thing to happen as a result, but due to their newly gained consciousness, the locomotives are held accountable rather than my employees, and the best part about it is, they're considered equipment.

>very low to non existent
So, it does happen, doesn't it? Am I going to hit one soon?

Never you mind. You're due to pull the 4am freight from the harbour.

No more questions! And hell and damnation to the eyes and ears of the press for continously bothering me with this!