Sup Sup Forums. I'm 19 years old and tomorrow I'm going to my recruitment office to enlist. I want to be a warrior...

Sup Sup Forums. I'm 19 years old and tomorrow I'm going to my recruitment office to enlist. I want to be a warrior. A grunt. Any advice for me? Preferably those who are currently serving or already served.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hey, I'm in the same process now. Good luck to the both of us.

faggot

Go Navy. Not our little brothers.

Something simple but helpful when I was in Vietnam is sleep with your boots on and with a loaded gun by your side

Get a box of crayons.

Go army where the real men are at

Another thing is just be cautious and think before you do

It will be shit but it will actually be good in your overall life if you make it that way. Just prep to hate your life

prepare the suck. We are few and we are proud. Leave your mom at the door. Can be a quick 4 or you may find the most rewarding career possible.
Semper fi 1/2 alpha 2nd plt battle of an nasiraya

youtube.com/watch?v=pA8DdkM2Wqo

It's not going to be fun. Expect to be jerking around with other marines who thought they would do badass things. Got to give props to the marines for their great marketing though.

Former Marine recruiter here: Make sure you fully understand what you're getting yourself into.
1. Do you understand you're joining up to be a Marine, Not your MOS.
2. Have you ever taken the ASVAB?
3. Do you have access to your HSD, Medical Records, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card?
4. Have you ever been hurt or been in the hospital overnight?
5. Have you ever been convicted of any crimes, including traffic violations?
6. Do you have any tattoos?

Just be prepared to answer all of these questions tomorrow.

GySgt- Used to recruit in WV before going back to the fleet.

I'm looking in to the marines too, but I don't have a diploma. I'm working on my GED, can I still enlist?

No.

???????????

how. do. you. not. have. a. HSD.

????????????

Give you a little insight: You need at least a GED with 16 hours of college credit if you don't have a regular high school diploma. It would be beneficial for you to get that GED and enroll at a local community college to get some credits before you consider any branch of the armed forces.

cut-off age for army, airforce, and navy?

I didn't like school so I dropped out my junior year. I'm 18 now and I don't regret it one bit, but finding jobs is hard right now and I want to be able to leave my town. My mom is threatening to kick me out of the house so if I can go to basic soon that will prevent me from being homeless.

Army is 32, I think.
Air Force is 27
Navy is 34.

You know if you join up you won't immediately go to recruit training, right? There is usually a 1-9 month wait to ship out.

Let me guess... high school drop out?

I joined up 12 years ago, but going to the recruiter was more like a job interview. MEPS is where you can be disqualified for service based on your physical, so be prepared for that.

whats the likelihood of a fatty getting in knowing russian, arabic, english?

I ask because I've seen some fat fucking air force, navy, and army men in my area....I mean approaching fucking obese and theyre still not kicked out...

one of them has been in 18 years now and has done nothing with his time but serve and thats it...no degrees or anything

even as a grunt rate chances of actually seeing the dragon at this point are shit, if you do go that path make sure to focus on a trade or college, military has a lot of small programs a lot dont even know about so you can improve yourself as a person. even if you do career, if you are enlisted the pension is shit and you need to think of it as a stepping stone

Soldiers are cuck tier. If you want to be a warrior why don't you learn to fight on your own without a corrupt government teaching you to kill brown people you coward.

>tfw you will never be a fly on the wall watching a line of young guys awkwardly standing naked and exposing their bodies

some glue too

Slim to none, I would recommend applying for a civilian position. Many branches have a graduated body fat standard for their members, so the older you get, the fatter you can be.

How does this img make you feel?

fuck the military then....ill go become a Nigerian spy :^)

>Implying killing brown people is a bad thing.

Makes me feel great, I almost cried tears of joy when Trump won.
Don't confuse my dismissal of the military for sjw retardation.
You have to be an ignorant faggot to join the military nowadays.

Prepare to be disappointed this shit it ain't what it you think it will be. Seriously unless ww3 breaks out you may as well keep playing call o duty

Also if you have the willpower, you can apply for some contracting services the government uses. High pay, but very little job security

DONT DO IT

YOU WILL HATE THE NEXT 4 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE LIKE ME.

206 days left baby out of a 5 year contract

Not OP, but I'm also planning on joining.

Why is it so bad?

what mos were you? Im in my MOS school rn and I'm loving life

dont listen to that fucking cuck faggot

the people who hate the military are the angsty kids that joined to piss off mommy or daddy and signed the dotted line with no forethought

theyll retire a contract and get $$$ every month for the rest of their lives

some branches match your first year contributions to your GI bill

fucking savage benefits

PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL!!!!

Being a welfare queen usually does have nice benefits.

They treat you like fucking 5 year olds

>Nothing makes sense
>There's no common sense
>HQMC thinks because someone can shoot better or run faster than you that they're a better leader than you
>Higher ups who are just in it for themselves

Don't be a fucking retard and become some big corps bitch dying for profits... go get a real job.

6123 brah

CH53 T64 Powerplants

Yeah, so far the pros greatly outweigh the cons for me.

When the Drill Instructor yells at you, stick your hands down his pants and jerk him off. Works every time.

CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO. ONCE YOU SIGN THOSE PAPERS YOU ARE Practically ALREADY A MARINE.

2841 here, 29palms ain't so bad

we must have made it

Want to know what my grandfather (who helpred send the Bismark to the bottom of the Atlantic) told me when I asked him about war?

"It's a bloody fucking waste".

Oh you don't make SSGT in 10 years?
Kicked out with no chance to retire

I was like you once. All young and hopeful. A stupid little poolee. You'll come around. Trust me. That motivation will leave you as soon as you see the light.

Like killing kids? Awesome who joins the military child fucking murderers... awesome. way to go op your now child killer.

student or permanent?

u just get an mos that takes forever to pickup?

>I want to be a warrior
then you're in for disappointment

Does the marine Corp choose your Mos??? Because if they do then you might not have a pleasant time.

Still a woman behind every pine tree in 29 stumps?

you can kinda pick what you want to be but not the EXACT mos, like if you choose communications then you'll either get Data, Wireman, Telecom, ect. Unless you're a reservist they get to choose their exact mos most of the time I think

Kinda. But that goes for any mos

If you don't make staff in 10 years you're toast

Sort of. I chose aviation mech and I got thrown into powerplants when I got to pcola

Not OP but I gotta ask, will I be able to overcome my crippling fear of heights?

1. Be ready. This isn't high school teachers or college profs or some pimple face manager at McDonalds yelling. This is a drill instructor and their job is to teach you how to survive. And they won't tell you. They will scream at you, belittle you, and demoralize you. That's the first day.
2. If you can follow orders, do as you're told, and listen, its actually easy.
3. Be ready to die. Literally.
4. Just know there is no dropping out. Don't like 0530 runs in the pouring rain while humping a 50 pound pack? This won't be for you and once you sign, it's over.
5. Ignore what you see in the movies. Pussy doens't just fall out of the sky because you complete basic and go home for a bit and you're a Marine.

The drill instructor will help you with that on the rappel tower

did you ever do any special duty like Drill instructor or Recruiter ect?
from what I've been told those are pretty much required if you want to be a career Marine

Rappel tower boiz

Don't volunteer for shit. Don't be that asshole.

Keep your head down. Do what you're told, but don't volunteer.

Know that while that brotherhood unbreakable bond shit does occur, its not with everyone and its not like the movies. a lot of the time what you do will be monotonous and very much a job. You will encounter a lot of people that you'll dislike if not outright hate.

Nah. I just hit my 4 year mark in July and I'm not reenlisting

But yes you'll have to do an SDA if you want to stay 20+ years. I've heard of some special snowflakes though

(checked)
What about parachuting and all that shit?

I've had a dozen or so of my friends join up and I haven't heard back from one that didn't regret it.

Movie FULL METAL JACKET HAS TO BE THE CLOSEST TO MY BASIC TRAINING BACK IN 2004. A TAD BIT LESS EXTREME. AFTER MY CIRCULATION I HEARD THAT THEY WHERE THROWING IN SYMPATHY CARDS OR MENTAL STRESS CARDS. I GUESS THEY WHERE GETTING TO MANY ATTEMPTED SUICIDE INCIDENTS. 8 YEAR ARMY VETERAN HERE

HA. HAHA. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

ask your lcpl about that when you get to the fleet

(in all honesty it's a special school that they most likely won't send you to unless you go operator as fuck)

Corpsman here. You better put up with their shit. No pussies allowed.

yeh unless you go recon/MARSOC you won't have to do any of that trash most likely

Marines might be following up on that too, Sgt.Maj told the drill instructors to start thinking of a punishment to replace IT

be prepared to be put into a dryer :-)

Wtf?!

New corps I swear to fucking God.

Fucking millenials. Pussies.

its an east-coast thing

Don't be a fucking pussy and bitch out in bootcamp. Bootcamp is the easiest shit you will do in the marine corps

getting weaker and weaker with every new SOP they come out with

Should of seen it back in the 90's. I went to basic in '94 and it was pure hell. Standing in freezing water, getting punched in the cock because you woke up with a boner, or having a DI hold his boot on your throat because you were breathing to loud.

That's when the corps officially dies. Stress cards........

The DI really hit you guys?

Kek wtf can't wake up with a boner? Damn That sucks.

OF COURSE NOT THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES

All I have to say is pay attention to detail and CARDIO will be your best friend. Put your emotions to the side and never show weakness. Try not to smile to much. They will take you more serious with a dull face.

heard a story where a Drill Instructor yelled at a guys erect cock until he went flaccid

Kek alright. How bad did they hit you guys. What did they do

in 74 we held funerals for sand fleas? Did they take you out to the sand pit and tell you to make it rain?

On a regular basis. I knew what to expect going in. I did the S,Y,S when spoken to, knew how to tear down my rifle in a timely fashion, never questioned an order and did it 110%, kept my personal hygiene at a premium, and my foot locker was immaculate. Buuuuut, there was some who couldn't get right and visited the infirmary more than once.

If I catch you posting another reply on this imageboard, you're done. Do not let it happen.

Kek god damn.

Kys

Any of you guys had a private Pyle?

I agree my uncle was a marine in those times and he told me the same shit.

genuine question, I love the bonding and hazing and shit, for real. I enjoy that stuff and totally agree it helps but to some degree you have to stop trying to be such a hardass about mental health problems. There are some people who are there, and totally have no business for whatever reason being there (stick it out or not) But I think its crazy when you look at empirical evidence and flat statistics about suicide and mental health in the military and you tell me that shit is useless, then turn around and praise foundations like Wounded Warrior that help those same things you put down. Psychological health is a very, very large part of humanity and war, why would you not want to maintain that strength.
>TL:DR im a faggot

Your family will say that they're proud of you but unless you are awarded the Medal of Honor they will be meh about your career choice. If you have a significant other, don't expect that relationship to last. She or he will cheat on you.

Yeah. One guy who refused to get right. Had a real chip on his shoulder and when we got off the bus, he was the first to meet the DI. He fucked up on a regular basis. And we payed for it. He kept his foot locker a mess on purpose and after a week of running for no good god damn reason, somebody had enough. They cornered him in the bathroom and beat him with the sock/soap combo. He learned a group is only as strong as its weakest link and we would die if we had to depend on him. He never quit got it and hung himself in the shitter one afternoon.

When you wash out, just remember: you're exactly the sort of person modern domestic law enforcement is looking for.

PS - the answer is always 'He made a furtive movement towards his waistband, and I feared for my life.'

the idea is to take you up to the point just before you break and then back off. then take you back up again and back off again. the second time you will have gone farther up the stress scale and can handle a little more. not everyone can handle the same level and not everyone is good at gauging what someone can handle. there is no value in having a platoon of drooling fools

Id like to think there is a point between making that shit a PC safespace and providing quality mental healthcare..