I have a doubt. Should I purchase a Wii U or get an iPad mini? I am about to sell my phone and get some cash...

I have a doubt. Should I purchase a Wii U or get an iPad mini? I am about to sell my phone and get some cash. Which one should I get and why?

None cause tgey both fucking suck my ass in a car crash

could you elaborate your answer a bit more?

Get a WiiU. iPad Mini's a waste of time, it's just another tablet yadda yadda yadda. WiiU has a surprisingly good library, even if it's small. Tokyo Mirage Sessions FE, Donkey Kong TF, Mario 3D world, etc. It's definitely not hardcore but I have a lot of fun with it.

you probably already have the answer in mind, you're just looking for outsider approval. I'd say just go with whatever you got in mind.

Wii U won't be supported any longer I would save for the Nintendo switch.

I think the games are now really cheap.

sorta, but I have never owned neither so I would like some judgemental consideration for my query

You can get a lot of them for really cheap now, yeah. Like 20 CAD for some of the first party IP's thanks to nintendo selects?

Yeah that is fair, but the WiiU is still a good holding place until we even know if the Switch will have games lmao.

I am not bothering on acquiring an xbone nor ps4 due to the bold move on making 2nd gen of current gen of consoles. Also, they try hard to make 'em "gaming pcs" but they are low-end.
And the Wii U is just a gaming console not trying to be a pc

Yeah. Unless you wanna pay 300 bucks+ for a couple exclusives, they're really not worth it. I'll always support Nintendo for really being their own entity, not mixing in with the rest. I appreciate them finally catching up in terms of hardware with the switch, but it's designed for the quality of games to be properly appreciated.

I don't get why having good games, it failed...

Unfortunately it was marketed so poorly, almost as bad as the PlayStation Vita. For a long time, people thought it was a big accessory for the Wii. Unmarketed in all of NA and most of EU, so it was squashed by the PS4 & XB1 COD parties.

At least the Switch has the hype this time around, but I'm hoping Nintendo doesn't make the same mistake as the WiiU's launch and give it 0 games to boot.

they delayed the release to march due to this reason, as far as I know

Yeah, it was supposed to initially be out December.. 14th? Whatever the Friday of that week will be. But they delayed it so developers could have time to polish for the launch. There's still 0 confirmed games for March though, especially with LOZ: BOTW allegedly being delayed till summer...

the other item I was considering was a new 3ds, but they only've the XL

Also really good system with a great library. Honestly.. Do your research into the games and decide which one will benefit you more. 3ds is also portable for long train/bus rides or whatnot, or waiting for things, plus you can properly play in bed without a whole tablet falling on your face lmao. (I have both, and both have fallen on my face. The 3ds hurts much less.)

The XL is honestly the most supported. If you can find the "New 3DS" it has swappable faceplates and that's like, it. You can get custom cases made for the XL for just as cheap probable, though, it'll just be a bit bulkier. There's not much benefit to the non-XL variant.

The 3ds is beautifully hackable. There are now apps for it that can directly connect to the Nintendo shop and download directly onto the system any game you want. It is absolutely seemless.

neither dumbass

the reason to choose the normal instead of the xl is that, the size and materials. just that the money I can get from the sale is not enough to get the n3ds but a wiiU

suggestions then?

When the hell did a WiiU become cheaper than a 3dsxl? WiiU's are 330 CAD and 3dsXL's are 240CAD... Wat

I've used both and recommend the smaller one. The optimal distance for the 3d effect differs between the two and I found the larger screen less comfortable. Also, the same number of pixels over the larger screen area makes for uglier pixel density.

wii u is the shit m8

great games.

very fun, would recommend!

here it is the other way around

Bro, if you're in a sitatuion where buying a less than 1k$ Item you should review your financial situation.

In any case: what will you need each item for? Given your financial position I'd say go with the iPad, download Udemy or coursera and learn about portfolio investment.

money is not problem, but to give money and item the right worth is different