What bands in your opinion have a perfect or near perfect discography?

What bands in your opinion have a perfect or near perfect discography?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-NYWzd7JW8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nothing below an 8 imo

Neutral Meme Hotel

The Smiths

Hipster ambient rock garbage

Pretty easy to have an excellent discography with only 3 albums but I agree

Eh, that's your opinion.

Your opinion is wrong

ok faggot what's your choice

Wew

Did you forget The Weirdness and Ready to Die exist

I mean, no, but you're probably just trolling

watch out boios we got a contrarian in our ranks

>GY!BE = haha they suck
>The Stooges = haha they suck
>The Smiths = haha your opinion my dude
Make up your mind user.

As much as I like Radiohead, they can't hold that title. It's actually incredibly rare to find strong discographies.

They don't even have anything over an 8/great.

First and last albums are pretty flawed.

the bands i like the most

Fugazi

3 albums?

No.
Correct.

Now posting something actually related to the thread. Every album at least a 7, and one 10, the closest I can think of. Of course, I could just post Portishead as well but that'd be too easy.

Cmon... How much you give to ITAOTS? It's unironically my GOAT

obligatory but also correct.

I don't think it's near perfect because [all albums till Help!] and Let It Be. But it's definitely a wonderful discography.

Strangeways Here We Come

Talk Talk
idgaf

*blocks your path*

I like your opinions.

The early stuff actually is pretty good. Lyrics were mostly boring love songs, but musically they were good with some interesting chord progressions. I must agree about Let it Be though, one of the worst in their collection

>muh climate change

Fuck these dudes. Fake ass radicals

Nah, Please Please Me is good, excellent even.

Holy shit, I've never felt such a strong deja vu before, user, I'm even complying with it since I was supposed to type this after feeling it.

Thanks, still, for the compliment and the reminder that I'm psychic in my dreams.

contrarian opinion

Gas

Pretty much. Compromised pasties posing as independent artists.

*patsies

You guys belong here

I always tend to think of Let it Be as their worst but then I look at the tracklist and wonder why because I don't really dislike any of the songs. I'm kind of lukewarm toward Dig a Pony and For You Blue, but the rest kick ass. Maybe it just doesn't cohere well as an album (the white album has the same problem) or isn't up to their usual standard?

That's the 8 I meant (being generous). It's really good, but not excellent or near-perfect, user. That's just what I think.

Sorry but if TY wants to run his mouth about some bullshit it's fair game to call him out.

Radiohead is more RATM than Fugazi.

Fake.

Modest Mouse without a doubt

They're concerned about the environment and are in a unique position to raise awareness and do what they can to help it
What's fake about that? It's not like Thom has ever made himself out as some genius political mind

Death Grips
The White Stripes
Brand New
Busdriver

Being their worst album doesn't make it bad, especially since they never did put out anything that really could be considered bad

At the Drive in
also this

Climate change is globalist bullshit.

He's literally running his mouth in support of propaganda.

Fake ass corporate controlled band.

didn't like Strangers to Ourselves, but yeah, near perfect.

Brand New only has a perfect discography if you can tolerate YFW and accept it for what it is, which is a pretty huge 'if'

>Climate change is globalist bullshit

Death has a perfect discography. Each album is a masterpiece.

Agreed and I'm not even that into metal.

One can make an argument.

But it's 100% true. 'Global Warming' is Israel/China/Saudi produced propaganda.

In the words of Alan Bishop..." Never trust anyone in the music business. EVER"

The Moon & Antarctica is their last good album. The rest is bad.

Satan confirmed for hipster faggot

You have a very uncommon opinion considering that good news for people who love bad news hit platinum however I will respect your opinion

bretty good

As much as I like Modest Mouse I thought that album was terrible. Have not bothered to listen to anything they put out after

What do sales have to do with how good an album is?

Not heard Meet the Beatles, eh?

this

Agreed, but their fanbase is nothing but wankers.

Eh, that's your opinion. Your opinion is wrong.

Amazing band, but they started out as an awkward [basically] britpop band, and they tend to release some pointless experiments

Great compositions, but I don't really understand it... they don't feel as organic and immediate as straight rock groups, they aren't as grand or immersive as classical/art music, and they lack the expressiveness of jazz. It's like they stretch themselves too thin running in every direction, not getting very far in any of them.

Funhouse and Raw Power are two of the greatest albums ever made, but the reunion albums are wretched, and the debut is only pretty good, but not nearly as good as contemporary albums like Kick Out the Jams, Black Monk Time, and Trout Mask Replica

IMO The Beatles weren't really that great until Revolver. I'd take early Rolling Stones, Who, and Beach Boys over early Beatles any day.

maybe true, but I kinda always wished his better singing voice from his later albums was on his simple, aggressive earlier albums

They're a good band, but when you hear Lizzy Mercier Descloux and James Chance, suddenly they seem a little weaker... Byrne is a good guy tho

fun, but IMO a bit overrated

they had 3 amazing periods - their early garage stage (13 Songs/Repeater), their noise rock stage (In On the Kill Taker), and The Argument. Between those three islands of greatness, there was a lot of filler. Let's face it - Ian has an annoying voice. Brendan Canty may be my favorite rock drummer, though

do you people even hear yourselves talk

I agree desoo. One Direction and Sigur Ros also. Fleet Foxes discography is pure perfection too.

[spoiler]Mainly because they didn't have a chance to fuck it up but still, even their unreleased stuff was good.[/spoiler]

I like Swans

I kinda see New Order as an extension of them. IMO the best JD stuff is the stuff they did right at the end, and the best NO stuff is what they did right at the beginning... and IMO as soon as NO became dance-pop they were awful

Robert Wyatt. Probably even including his non-solo stuff, though I haven't heard everything.

I definitely agree. New Order's first two/three albums are as good as Unknown Pleasures and Closer. I haven't really listened to their more recent stuff.

Me too, but there are some clear hiccups in their discography.

Muh climate change

Unwound

Fugazi
Burial
Low
The Walkmen

*/cancer/

Correct answer

Muh climate change is super serial.

Radiohead are industry clowns.

ayyyyyyyy

Led Zeppelin
You know it's true

Mew

It is 'bad' because the Beatles never wanted to release it and the album is underproduced

CCR if you disregard most of Mardi Gras... like I do.

Real Estate

X Japan is the only right answer

Ariana Grande and the Beatles both have perfect discographies

>Muh climate change

Death

not radiohead

cocksucking faggot

good news is a pretty decent album. people just hate on it because of float on.

wwdbtses is not bad either. There's a couple great songs and spitting venom is a really enjoyable power ballad. It's not stars are projectors, talking shit about a pretty sunset or teeth like god's shoeshine, but it's still pretty nice.

strangers to ourselves was pretty mediocre. It's not really modest mouse anymore, completely different with Judy gone.

MALICE MIZER

>hit platinum

literal idiot

Kanye
Joy Division
LCD Soundsystem
mbv
neutral milk hotel
Nirvana
Bowie (not nearly as perfect, but every album is fucking solid and there's like 25)

As with damn near every band, their reunion material sucks ass.

abso-fucking-lutely

but Dinosaur Jr....
and the new At the Drive-In is gonna be awesome
youtube.com/watch?v=1-NYWzd7JW8

Pic related only has one record below a 8 2bh
I adore Bowie and he has several 10/10 records imo but he's got some fucking stinkers in his discography

This nigga is damn right

10 albums and nothing below an 8.

>Implying writing music about the thing most likely to end humanity isn't fucking awesome

What's their best album?
Been wanting to get into them.