User

user,
how do you get rid of anxiety ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pA8DdkM2Wqo
ted.com/talks/elyn_saks_seeing_mental_illness
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Run straight into what ever scares you or gives you anxiety. Only way to get rid of it. Pills and avoiding it will not fix it

Sauce ?

Realize that everything everyone does is as meaningless to the universe as bacteria swarming in a petry dish.

I've been asking that question for years. People give the same bullshit answers like diet and exercise. But I see plenty of fat slobs who never get up from their couches and they have 1000 times the confidence I have, so I don't buy all that crap. I've went through times in my life when I worked out hard & ate healthy as fuck and the anxiety and paranoid never went away, I mean felt a bit happier as a result of being fit and healthy but it did nothing to my anxiety/ paranoia. I think I'm stuck with this for life at this point.

you dont

What are you anxious about

Xanax

You don't get rid of it ever. Somethings tripped in your brain, same thing happened to me. You just learn to manage it. Get out and face the thing that gives you anxiety, and it will get better. I threw up everyday for a week at my first real job post grad school. Then it stopped. I just got promoted and a raise. There will never be a magical fix. It will be a long slow climb, but you can make it if you really try

Also at least 7 hours of sleep a night is key for me. I can go a day or two without but any longer and my nerves become a wreck. Might not help you, but it worked for me. Also get on a normal sleep schedule. no going to bed at 6am and sleeping for 12 hours

Bananas and blow

As someone who developed anxiety from a traumatic incident the only advice I can give is to breathe. It probably doesn't help at all, didn't help me at the time, but it does help me manage it now.

I have hospital bills that I'm still dealing with from when I first developed the anxiety, I went to the emergency room a few times because I thought I was literally dying, like there was something wrong with my heart or brain. It only increased my anxiety because I didnt trust the doctors to accurately diagnose me. I was sure they weren't giving me the proper attention and were dismissing me and sentencing me to die basically. That was years ago and I'm still ok, but I still suffer from extreme anxiety if I smoke too much marijuana. I can't even smoke with friends any more because of how detached I get. It took me a long time to realize that it was my mind that was the culprit, but its impossible to rationalize in the heat of anxiety because you *know* something is wrong because it absolutely feels like something is wrong.

I would get extremely scared while anxious because I rationally knew there was nothing to be anxious about but my body was doing the opposite by raising my heart rate, cause me to sweat, and give me shakes in the arms.

It doesn't help that the nurses were telling me to calm down when I was mentally calm, but my body was physically in fight or flight mode.

Anyways, I found slowly breathing was the only thing that helped me out of the anxiety. It wasn't automatic, but it certainly made the episodes shorter.

youtu.be/pA8DdkM2Wqo

practice stoicism

Chocolate and cheese

For me it was SSRIs, as well as big changes in life style, you have to aim for constantly re-enforcing self esteem loops. First the drugs though, feels so nice to suddenly have no nagging voice or nervousness anymore, just feeling peace and calm. Cypralex is what did it for me, but just try a few different ones until you find one that works for you.

Having no health insurance really sucks

Wtf, keep that shit to yourself.

You're correct, but still, shhhh.

Who's the bitch?

That's illegal under the ACA you nigger.

>Have sex regularly
>Don't smoke weed all the time
>Have a plan for your life and actively work towards it
>Exercise
>Go outside
>Eat properly and drink enough water

Or blame it on genetics and keep living like a loser

My nigger and nice dubs.

This. Embrace it, the more you dwell on it the worse it will be.

Thanx I wish doc would give me the bigger ones tho :/

i use to do sport. ciclyng the most of the time

this

Try bubblegums and orange flower water. Don't abuse.

What pills are those?

Stuck in my cabana

STOP BEING A PUSSY!!!

The Pussification of America is what got you here!

Vitamin D tablets and Vaerian before bed
giant lettuce sandwich on brown bread too helps

Stop playing vidia and/or getting high all the time.

It is what Deaner was talking about

alcoholic,,, become one

MDMA, benzos

SOMEONE must know who the girl is in that gif

I had crippling anxiety and panic attacks for 14 years. Tried every drug under the sun til the doc said there were none left to try. Got to the point where I couldn't leave the house.

Looked at programs online and eventually bought (sister bought me) The Linden Method. I followed it to the letter. After using it for a while I started going out, all the while waiting for a panic attack. Then short, close holidays. The anxiety and panic never returned. That's 7 years ago now. Was in Vietnam last year for 3 weeks. My life has completely changed.

At 1 Point I was also completely hooked on xannax which I spent months weaning off.

I fucking love life now where before I always found it so hard and depressing.

you don't, it will cripple you for life, every time you try to break out of your bonds you will only embarrass yourself further, it's embedded to deeply into your brain

Looks like generic xanax.

Getting high is definitely bad if you have issues with any mood disorders including anxiety and depression.

That souns exactly like how I felt when i was stoned, and thats the reason why i stopped.

They did that jingle last night

you desensitize yourself to the stimulus that causes the anxiety, unfortunately if you are anxious about meeting women, it is likely due to being mistreated by women in the past which amplifies the anxiety around the fear of rejection since you have experienced the psychological pain before involved in being rejected, it is your bodies safety mechanism to ask you to avoid that pain, the easiest way around that is to become good looking so that women want to fuck you, so that you reduces the trigger in your brain that has conditioned you to fear trying to get pussy

At least he was legit

this definetly doesn't help.i'm an alcoholic, and my anxiety developed from mostly the long term effect of abusing alcohol. just don't do it.

Trump's victory actually helped me overcome my anxiety

2 ways.

Drinking
Smoking cannabis.

Getting drunk in social situations definitely throws your anxiety out the window

Take a long look at this image when I feel anxious.

this

I approve this

This.

A ten strip at the mall worked for me

You don't. Learn to cope with it.

xanax or opiates.

Durgs, alcohol.
Not doing any social interaction sober.
Having standarized interaction responses.
Not talking to people.

>ive got research saying video games cause anxiety

Switching to Indica only strains really helped. Doesn't get me anxious, but I still refrain from getting super high like I was younger.

Read "How To See Yourself As You Really Are" by the Dalai Lama

YO be careful of withdrawal if anybody is going/goes the xanax route.

Benzo withdrawal can put you in psychosis, and psychosis is fine if you got it without drugs, but if you get it at the same time as xanax withdrawal anxiety and other symptoms that occur with it you will be feeling like you're tweaking on amphetamines without the fun

I got rid of it by withdrawing from society. I became a total shut in. A hermit. A recluse. I haven't been outside at all since 2008.

I dont feel anxious any more. I am content.

I suffer from paranoid schizophrenia and generalized anxiety.

The only coping thing that seems to help me in my apartment is music and being on the internet/distracting myself with video games and reading.

When going out, I listen to headphones 90% of the time, especially when walking outside towards a store or back. I am unable to drive so everything is out of reach to me. The only way I can go anywhere is walking or by the public bus. Only once in maybe a month I'm brave enough to go to the mall taking the bus.

My anxiety is so bad that going to the grocery store is not possible. I'm stuck eating the food the corner store has which is nothing healthy but it keeps me alive.

My advice to you is ALWAYS keep that brain of yours occupied with something, go outside for a walk for atleast 5 minutes daily, do NOT stay up late (makes things worse for me anyways), talk to family/friends atleast once a week or more to still have that social stimulation.

Lots and lots of beer, I was a mess until I turned 21. Lifes been steady ever since

>You can't cure anxiety

Makes me sad to see responses like this

Anxiety is completely curable unless its really bad like PST just look it up on google. Tons of therapy options for it.

I'm 'on the schizo spectrum too. There is a book out by a schizophrenic. The author went from being shut in her apartment all day to writing a best selling book and getting a good education.
Check it out here she is here. Really motivational in combating beliefs like "I'll never leave an independent life with this" and thoughts like that ted.com/talks/elyn_saks_seeing_mental_illness

I am and it sucks everytime and it's not getting better. Took xanax a few times and it really felt better, just wish I had it with me everytime I feel very anxious, because it really sucks feeling fucked up when lots of people are around.

funnily enough ive told that to myself a few times to calm down - or some variant of it at least

Feel you bro I am in the same situation

As a person who goes to therapy weekly, I can debunk this myth. Therapy only works for the depressed or the stressed. Trying to cure anxiety by saying "fuck those people" "Who cares what they think" "that thing you think will happen wont happen" is just fluff. Trying to convince yourself that bad things wont happen is futile.

If I had a crystal ball and knew people around me weren't actually talking about me, or that those niggers in the back won't get off at my stop and mug me/beat the shit out of me. Or that someone didn't do anything to the drink/food I am consuming.Yeah, my anxiety would be pretty much nullified.

But thinking talking to a "professional" (and I use that term loosely) means nothing, it's all up to the person.

There is no such thing as "tackling" anxiety. It's not like overcoming a fear of swimming or a fear of heights. Sure you can confront what is bothering you, but unlike phobias, the feeling never goes away.

A good percentage of schizophrenics can lead normal lives, but what they don't tell you is that those percentages vary and not every patient with the condition is guaranteed a way to find their niche.

>>ive got research saying anything about correlation between video games and anxiety, yet I still know there is not.

I really like this, it looks very original, never seen anything that great

Afraid I'm in the same loop, really hate loud noises, for example the subway doors shutting, it always freaks me out.

I understand, my advice about loud noises is headphones. It's the best way to drown out people being loud/loud noises in general.

I tip toe everywhere in my apartment because I'm scared of pissing off the woman who lives below me. Not that she's ever made a complaint, I just want to avoid any and all confrontations.

And if there is noise outside? Or around me? I NEED to know what the noise is, where it's coming from and when it'll stop.

Music has saved me quite a bit. Even fucking now when typing this I'm listening to music through spotify, just random shit just so I don't think about people honking or yelling or arguing or anything.

so why wont u quote it and also determine if its anxiety, that causes picking up video games, or is playing video games causing anxiety?