Chronic alcoholic thread, also jail thread

Chronic alcoholic thread, also jail thread.

How many of you are dealing w alcohol issues? What are your symptoms? How long have you been a drunk?

Have you been to jail? What were your charges? How was the experience?

A bit about myself... Chronic alcoholic here, get the shakes and heart palpitations, cold and hot sweats, dry heaving.. The whole 9 when I don't drink

Just trying to see if there are any degenerates like myself on Sup Forums right now... Come in and chat.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysarthria
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How long have you've been drinking on the daily, and how much do you consume in a day?

Year long, daily vodka drunk here.

ever think withdrawal symptoms are just simply the temporary damage you did to you body while it recovers and not your body craving more alcohol?

Same here o.p. And I don't even want to quit. Its the only way I can sleep at night.

What makes you drink, besides the withdrawal symptoms?

Cops called on me to domestic dispute I was dosed with LSD cops knock on the door and announce themselves I just rattle the doorknob sand dont answer they see perspiration on the windows and enter the shared kitchen through the neighboring apartment of some bitch 55 yr old pedo and when they enter my room the two cops had tasers ready and each apply handcuffs to me while the staff sargent keeps his bean bag gun ready but I was resisting and sweating heavily so they load me handcuffed into an ambulance cut my clothes open and inject me with Risperidone and Ativan

I lightly abuse beer. I use it as sleep medication. Works better than a prescription. But I only have 2 or 3 beers a night.

alcoholic here, last night was a normal night for me where i drank 10 beers and passed out

i hate myself for being such a degenerate, my family deserves better

must. quit.

No because I actually understand science. Withdrawals are a result of the GABA receptor downregulation that occurs from excessive alcohol consumption. Once consumption ceases, there is an over-excitation of neurons due to the lack of GABA activation which results in acute withdrawal symptoms

Learn to use some fucking punctuation.

Bitch niggas put me in intensive care with a civil court hearing regarding mental healh so I'm held involuntarily in the hospital I try escaping and bolting down the stairs and out the hosptial campus I make it a little over a mile and a half into the respective town down the road but cops chased me down and threw me back in the hopstial until I'm discharged to the psych ward and accused of schizo behavior 18 hours before my civil court and then at the hearing my parents testify against me siding on the DA and psychologist testimony but the judge still decides they can't maintain the involuntary hold so I discharge myself

Not a chronic alcoholic but definitely have issues with binge drinking. Once I start drinking I don't stop unless there's a very compelling reason to (like I have to drive, with family, etc.) Otherwise I just get plastered till I pass out. Working on drinking in moderation though...

doorknob and

Down about a litre of boxed wine every morning when I get home from work, only way I can sleep. Know it's roughly that amount coz I'm buying a new 4 litre cask every 3-4 days. Did give up for nearly 2 weeks, was expecting some kind of symptoms, but nothing other than having to face the world sober (hence why I started again). Oh, and started remembering dreams again. Haven't done that in many years.

was in jail 3 years for rape. part of the release conditions was alcohol counseling.

You ever keep a daily notebook? Practice drawing mm-length shaded triangles without lifting or sliding your hand lol

doc just found that i have fatty liver disease, pancriatitis, and jaundice... doc: quit drinking or die user

i'm more scared about having to quit drinking than i'm scared about dying tho

Bump

Stop being such a lunatic and a faggot and they wouldn't have done that it really is that simple nigger

Fellas, bringing club soda and similar fruity beverages into the workplace? To me it is healthier and quicker carrying around a vacuum flask for crushed ice-water + a liquor flask instead of club soda there's no fridges easily at work

How is your liver or pancreas still operating? A box is a lot of wine.

Don't get sick cus have healthy allergies

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysarthria

Your never going to quit. You'll just get worse and worse till you will look back at where you are right now as a good place to be.

Look at the alcoholics on the street. Think they wanted that for their lives? Think they dont have family that wished better?

I'd like some people who suffer from alcoholism to tell me if I am in fact an alcoholic/drug addict:

Drink about 1/5 of rum daily, sometimes more, 200mg tramadol every 6 hours, and marijuana whenever I feel like smoking. I recently quit taking tramadol, and i'm working on drinking less, but more out of saving money than anything else. I never really felt like I lost control of myself, and most friends never realize i've been drinking or anything.

anyone here enjoying sampling heroin or any other downers?
really blows liquor alone out of the water.

I don't know, I always thought I was a heavy drinker, but after those couple weeks of not drinking, and no withdrawal symptoms, kind of figured I must not be, compared with actual alcoholics. I eat a lot in the evening, stupidly fast metabolism, can't break 62kg, but mornings when I'm drinking it's on an empty stomach. Generally drink until I can't stay awake anymore, otherwise I just can't sleep.

I put away about 3/4ths of a fifth of bourbon every night.

Diabetes, slightly enlarged liver. Triglycerides out of control.

I get the shakes if I go on a night after night bender. I need a day to recover.

I know it's gonna kill me, but I'm honestly fucking bored out of my skull by everything, I don't care.

I have a pretty solid job in IT Security. I've been at it for about 20 years. I'm a solid performer for the most part, I make a great salary. I make it into work before pretty much anyone else in the office, but I do leave early (about 3) because I have no tolerance for traffic. I come home and put the bottle on my desk. Some nights I hit it right away. Others I leave it there and dare myself to drink it. It takes me a good long while to get drunk.

When I used to work as a Sales Engineer, they'd always have me go out with clients and the salespeople because they'd try to keep up with me and get obliterated and agree to sign contracts, and I'd be close to sober 10 drinks in.

I guess I'm what they call a functional alcoholic. I drink to feel happy or engaged in things. Otherwise i'm just neutral or angry. I don't normally feel sad about things, but I do get ragey once in a while. But it passes quickly.

So my life isn't falling apart, but my health is. But I had a pretty good run.

Bump

Bumping

I'm user,

26 years old, been doing this since I joined the navy, and after I left (6 years). So far i've just gained weight, but i'm bored to death in this society. Just working on my degree so I can go into field research and live in a makeshift camp somewhere in the jungle and be happy conducting research.

Do you take tramadol for debilitating pain? On tramadol my dad stopped maintaining his diet lol. Have you tried low dose oxycodone with aspirin and stretching?

Honestly the best thing you can do is get active. I'm realizing I want to do things with my hands. I need to be more physically active. Not just for health, but because I'm tired of dealing with office bullshit. It won't make me as much money, which will suck, but I won't be bored. I'll have actual things to do. And if you can get out of the vicinity of booze the earlier, then all the better. If you have the money and means, you'll continue until you're 100 lbs overweight and your feet stop having sensation.

The survival instinct in humans is really the only thing keeping me alive. I achieved all the goals I set for myself, and I've been saying "now what? for the past 15 years. I don't care about travel, I don't care much for people. I'd get married but I get tired of the same person over and over until I stop having sex with them and become an old couple inside a year, or I start fucking other people. I have zero desire to have kids. It could very well be the booze doing it to me. But I think I either set shitty goals or I'm better at life than I think.

But booze does make things more interesting. Or at least less dull. And there's a whole magazine dedicated to people like us. Look up Modern Drunkard Magazine.

I just take it during the day when i'm not drinking because it puts me in a good mood while doing shit I don't want to do. Family member has a prescription, and it honestly fucks me up more than norcos for whatever reason.

Proud heir of a long line of alcoholics here. Limited myself to drinking myself to sleep 3x times a week, but yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm addicted at this point

Yeah, willpower is a fictional thing.

Yea, I started going to the gym today actually for the first time in a year. I still drank quite a bit when I was in the navy, but I was rarely bored; I was too caught up in my work.

Sex for me is a bit of a weird issue because some time during my delinquency I got HPV and I contribute that to the majority of my drinking nowadays.

I fear myself looking up to people like Hunter Thompson, and embracing the insanity, but I often find myself wondering if it would make life more entertaining.

As opposed to an acute alcoholic?

Does HPV even have any consequences for you other than being a carrier to women?

And for them, all it does is increase their chance of being rendered sterile/give them cervical cancer. So it's a win/win for guys. No kids AND they die early.

pretty sure withdrawl is the demon trying to reenter your body but your not drunk so it cant

seriously what it feels like if you've ever felt the terror and impending doom associated with it

Hi Sup Forums!

Drinking a bit much.. every day 0.5 - 1 litre of beer with 5% alcohol, being piss drunk about 2-3 times a week (10 beers and more, sometimes hard alcohol involved as well)

i am trying to reduce my drinking by now..

it works, more or less..

do you think i will still be able to "reduce" to normal, or is it too late already?

when did you notice you are a REAL alcoholic?

I don't think so. I wonder how much the shots most women get to prevent HPV help from it spreading. I'm super nervous about getting back into the sex game.

I need to drink just to go to sleep. I try to sleep sober every now and then, and I only stare at the ceiling all night. Fuck this isn't even fun anymore.

0.5 -1 litre of beer is child's play for most alcoholics so I wouldn't be too concerned.

I say it's fixable. Get a couple of hobbies to fill out your time so you can get a few days a week without drinking, worked for me

Any withdrawal affect on mood? I've been told to try various nicotine withdrawal antipsychotics because I won't take any reccommendations for friendzodiazapenes but honestly a blunt with some coke in it dipped in chilled codeine certainly hits that spot

I destroyed a four year relationship with the love of my life from drinking. I would get drunk and chest on her, treat her like garbage, and spend all of our money. She finally had enough when I started fucking this heroin junkie, which now is pregnant.

I already have three kids I can barely take care of, my mom also lives with me, and be I'm working 55 hour weeks just to stay afloat.

Recently I was sober for three months and almost got my shit together, but I went out drinking with my friends and got depressed, and drove my car until it blew up a state away, had to hitchhike back.

When I drink, my heart rate gets up to 130bpm+, and it takes days to recover from just one night of drinking. I'm trying to be sober because I know that I'll die if I don't, but every second that I'm sober I'm super depressed and start crying out of nowhere. My body is in constant pain. I regret everything in my life. I just want to be happy.

How about you stop drinking then since obviously you already know it will get better if you do?

27. All day drunk. 100 proof peppermint schnapps from the moment I wake up, thru work, then drink until I pass out.

Until 18 days ago. Tried to get into medical detox but having no insurance I couldn't get in. Detoxed on my own. Puking, shaking, hallucinating, day sweats and night soaks, all of it.

But I pushed thru and feel really good now. Appetite comes back hard. I've already gained weight in just 18 days.

Give it a shot, go to a detox center, they will make it more comfortable

KEK WHAT 10 beers! Oh no!!!!

When I drink, I must drink until I'm plastered. If I stop hy the 9th or 10th beer, I can't sleep at all. This happens sometimes on sundays when I'm hungover from saturday binge. Then I go to work monday feeling like shit. Now I only drink friday and saturday, it's a rule.

My new hobby is bourbon. I've been spending about $200/mo on liquor. I tell myself and peers I want to experience different notes and distilleries but honestly I've just been stepping up the proof. Currently drinking Stagg jr (136.6) no end in sight. Any advice on how to slowdown? I pour 3-4 drams a night.

Do you see a benefit of a static amount of blackouts per week? You can drink larger volumes logging your drinks in excel and looking at trend lines

That's what I'm trying to do, just have to get past the initial depression for like the week or two after quitting. Day two sober, today

i'm an alcoholic, although i haven't been physically dependent on it for awhile. i'm currently on house arrest for a dui. shit sucks

I sampled and ended up doing 80 dollars /2 bundles a day to get up for work lol. Sucked massive cock. Don't do it more than once a weekend or your headed to addictvile. If I could go back I'd never take that first 10mg vic

Go to bed earlier carry a flask smoke ciggarettes

That's what we usually drink at lunch at work.
>Czech here

Scotch and water

Alcoholic of roughly 15 years here. I'm actually about four months sober at this point. Tired of hating my life, want to go back to school since I partied too much and dropped out the first time, and see if I can manage a degree by the time I'm 40. I know the feel, man. I know it really well.

Hey man routine's important for your well being. If I know I can black out on wednesday it makes the beginning of the week bearable

Bump

That sucks man. I got arrested for DUI but only got a years probation. Been sober for awhile now and I hate it but I just keep telling myself it's for the best.

It's not too late man. 4 months you're doing a great job. I'm also considering going back to school as a grown man and a recovering alcoholic.

Fag

If you mean 0,33L beers, you are not an alcoholic, just a pussy that gets drunk way too easy
>10 small beers and passed out drunk
>mfw

This.
All or nothing at all.
Had a couple of litres of whiskey in the past few days but I just found out a mate of mine jumped infront of a moving train and killed himself a few days ago so drinking seems like a good way to go with dealing with the grief.

massive booze person here
right now, Im bat shit fucking terrified of leaving my bedroom. I did my emails. All I have to do is make 3 phone calls to make another USD4k.
I don't want to. I ran out of fucking vodka. drinking boxed wine.
My heart is pounding, I never get the shakes. just the heaving and the cold sweats.
My stomach can't process as fast as my liver can. Never been to gaol/jail.
The thought of going without a drink longer than I have to sleep is terrifying.
At least I take very good care of my canaries which I love so much.
I've been drunk ever since my ex bf ripped my heart out 4 years ago.
I drink a bottle and a half a day.

Feel guilt (?)

I'm with you 100% bro......feels bad

Won't switch on pills pay a larger rent bill lol

Bump

Bumping