Post unique and fascinating places in Japan ITT

Post unique and fascinating places in Japan ITT.

Pic related is Kamagasaki in Osaka, the biggest slum in Japan. Day labourers and homeless people live there. Since the 1960s, this neighbourhood experienced multiple violent riots and clashes with the police. Recently, it's getting popular with foreign backpackers for it's cheap accomodation.

Other urls found in this thread:

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palais_idéal?oldformat=true
shogakukan.co.jp/books/09192613
amazon.co.jp/東西奇ッ怪紳士録-2-ビッグコミックスゴールド-水木-しげる/dp/4091880428/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487438313&sr=1-1&keywords=東西奇ッ怪紳士録 2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

tokyo

Hashima Island off the coast of Nagasaki.

Now abandoned, it used to house thousands of miners and their families who toiled in the undersea coal mines owned by Mitsubishi zaibatsu.

okutama, which is in the far west area of tokyo. its part of tokyo but almost in a mountain. sometimes i go for a drive there

Shinsekai, Osaka.

Modelled after New York City and Paris, it was the most modern district in the city. Large amusement park was opened here at the beginning of the 20th century. Today, it's Osaka's red-light district.

It was the most comfortable and luxurious coal mine.
A lot of people wanted to work there.

Shin-Ōkubo in Tokyo's Shinjuku ward.

Home to Zainishi Korean community, it's full of Korean businesses and restaurants.

Osorezan which means literally horror mountain, is full of onryos

where you might go when you died

ancient burial mound called kofun.
keyhole-shaped ones are something unique to japan, which show ancient yamato's sphere of influence, and thousands of these remain today.

>undersea coal mines
heatenings

The island itself was a complete town which had an elementary school, a junior high school, supermarkets, barbershops, movie theaters, pubs etc.
And roof of the buildings were a place for dating of couples.

Fukushima exclusion zone.

This one needs no commentary.

a hill made of volcanic rocks around a dead volcano, iirc, on oshima island, which is part of tokyo

this area is pretty impressive if you like a post-apocalyptic/godforsaken colonial planet landscape. the island is boring as fuck tho. nothin fun there. its literally a penal colony

Cherry blossoms in Tomioka in the restricted area.

I think your tone is half-insulting.

wtf I love Japan now!

Why?

Nagoro on Shikoku. The village of dolls.

Aokigahara....

I don't know. You probably just say the most non-committal,vague things to people,then delude others that I dindu nuffin.But It'd serve them right if you ask me.

How to kill an Onryo? Priest? Holy Sword?

I'm not interested in shiny and fake tourist traps because I want to see the seedy underbelly of Japan.

I don't give a fuck about your obsession with not losing face.

kawasaki industrial area in kanagawa. shits actually industrial but the true fun part isnt these factories but roads where some gimmicks are installed.

you cant kill them. some summoners called itako are there instead and they summon onyors or your ancestors or dead friends or anything no longer alive and you can hear their voices through itakos

Can you banish them then?

no. you would be deeply cursed by them if you tried to defile them. osorezain is the most ghostic place in japan. beware of it.

Sorry, I mistook answering partner

Error: Correct:

>part of tokyo
so tokyo is not just a city?
it's a region?

So even if there is an evil onryo you cannot fight it?
How can you defile one?
We are different religions so would my religious practices not work?

Tokyo is a metropolitan area. It's something akin to a prefecture.

Besides 23 special wards (these are equivalent to cities) which form Tokyo proper, there are also suburban and rural districts in its Western part.

So like the Greater London, Berlin and Paris areas, or washington DC

akuseki-jima, which means evil-rock island, in kagoshima. this is NOT anywhere on islands of papua new guinea nor made up. these masks and shit are literally one of the legit historical/traditional japanese things.

where did they come from? for what? nobody even knows anymore.

Yes, Tokyo's special wards are similar to London's boroughs.

religions dont matter. they can easily initialize such a little shit. i repeat again in case, dont challenge them. you'd go through a more fucking cruel hell than death.

What protection is there?
Are there any documented cases?

Mirror on a road

kebesu festival which uses alot of fires and masks on the photo in ohita. to be fair this "kebesu" doesnt sound japanese at all, it seems to originally be kebeth or such. this is another mysterious tradition. since a.d. 900 or so.

Wittenoom in north Western Australia with a population of about 6 people, down from nearly a thousand at its peak.

It used to be a mining town for asbestos before it became illegal. There used to be constant clouds of asbestos dust in the air and they would fill kids playgrounds with the stuff instead of sand to save on money.

For those who don't know, asbestos used to be used in construction since it seemed to have ideal properties for it, but is incredibly dangerous. Inhalation of fibers can cause asbestosis and mesothelioma which are incurable and borderline incurable respectively and cause death. Basically everyone that lived there is going to die a painful death and there's nothing that can be done about it.

whoops, I misread the thread and thought we were just posting interesting places

Don't worry about it. Just post interesting places anywhere.

if it is about anywhere now, here is what i stumbled upon on wiki. a dusty mining town literally in the middle of the andes desert. looks like a bunch of toy houses. there is a large concentration of some deadly chemicals in water there. but locals developed a mutation in their genes so it doesn't kill them. apparently it is the first such case ever documented.

Huis ten bosch, huge themepark based on our cunt.

Mercury, NV.

Closed city within the Nevada Test Site. Population unknown.

A lot of ruined monasteries and Abbeys are around because Henry VIII dissolved them all, they make for nice walks

Do you love Turkey now?

>I want to see the seedy underbelly
>posts all the "totally not tourist traps" tourist guide places

Yeah, it was a pretty cringeworthy post, but that Korean pissed me off.

wrf i love japan now

This weird palace/temple/whatever that a postman built during 33 years because he almost fell on a funny looking rock, noticed the other surrounding rocks were also weird, so decided to build something with them
I'd post an English wiki link but there isn"t any so here's the French one for more pics fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palais_idéal?oldformat=true

i know bout this. i read manga about him by shigeru mizuki

What's the name of the manga ?

this.
shogakukan.co.jp/books/09192613

or its a too long url but this is the original comic in amazon
amazon.co.jp/東西奇ッ怪紳士録-2-ビッグコミックスゴールド-水木-しげる/dp/4091880428/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487438313&sr=1-1&keywords=東西奇ッ怪紳士録 2

its not only about him but about such weird scientists and persons both in the west and the east. its worth reading but this isnt translated into english i think.

Alright thanks