Civ thread, pt.2

Civ thread, pt.2

First vote option to three progresses the story

TLDR for those new:
>Band of orcs wash up after a shipwreck. They explore the island, set up camp and befriend the neighboring human settlement (Caveville). The orcs discover an old shrine to ancient Gods and, after refuting a sacrifice, their camp gets destroyed by a storm. Skip forward a number of months and the orcs are now well established in a mountain camp, high above the jungle and safe from relative harm. A number of humans live with the orcs.

------------------------------

>"I challenge your right as chieftain."

>"You...challenge me?" answers Kek, with a young warrior orc stood in front of him.

>"Yes. We should have kept to ourselves, as per tradition - making 'friends' with these weak-blooded humans did nothing for us save killing half our group. My father was one of those who died that night. I challenge your right as chieftain."

>Knowing the orcish code of honour, Kek accepts the challenge from the challenger. Their duel is to be had at noon, the following day.

[Nightfall]

>One of Kek's lieutenants offers to sabotage the duel. Having been a friend of Kek for so long, he believes he should remain leader and that discontent should be silenced.

>"I..." Kek ponders,

A) Accept the offer - sabotage the challenger's equipment
B) Refuse the offer, engage in honorabru combat

Population: 45
Government: Leader (Kek)
Religion: Shamanism
Technologies: Blacksmithing, tailoring, cooking
Settlements: Camp MAGA, Caveville (allies)
Locations: Mine, Shrine to the Old Gods

>Need name ideas for the challenger also

cavebro is keeping out of this one, he's just writing.

The challengers name is nigger

B) Orcs must fight bravely and brutally! sabotage is for the hummie's

B). As much as I would die for Kek, tradition mandates the challenger's right to duel him.
His name is Aykab.

B) Honorable combat is the only way

Fuck that.
Go to war with the humans.

I really don't get what's going on but somebody kept mispelling tavern in the last thread
>cavern

any idea how populated the humans are?

a paltry 45 orcs can't ar successfully against the humans.

You still screencapping mein nigga?

>Kek refuses the sabotage offer.

[Noon, the next day]

>The challenger approaches Kek, clad in his iron armor. Kek, wearing his ceremonial chieftain armor, stands facing him, surrounded by the majority of the settlement.

>"Let's not waste any time" says Aykab, the challenger. He lunges for Kek, who parries his strike and sidesteps. Despite being relatively older than his challenger, Kek is still agile and, initially, his strength proves to be too much. Kek lands blow after blow on the challenger, who endures. Kek relents, offering him a chance to surrender.

>Aykab, on the floor, propels himself forward and hooks a foot around Kek's leg. Mustering all his strength, he pulls, causing Kek to fall to the ground. Aykab pounces on the chieftain and raises his mace; taken by surprise, Kek is helpless, his challenger holding his weapon high against the mid-day sky.

>Aykab...

A) Kills Kek
B) Exiles Kek
C) Old Gods intervene

Population: 45
Religion: Shamanism

Fix the fight. The ones who have played CK2 knows that power must be maintained through any means.

38 I believe.
Although the orc population has gone up and down drastically I have no clue how quickly these "humans" can reproduce

A

cavebro isn't sure what you mean
a cavern is not a tavern my friend

Aykab is a brutal person, who only wishes to have the power for himself.
To ensure no return, Aykab murders Kek.

C. The old gods need a champion, they require blood! and kek will give it to them!

Old gods intervene.

Exile kek, loyal followers go with him and rival settlements are created

can i have cavebro pray for the god of kekionistranism to intervene or something? I like kek :(
also of course i am screencapping, cavebro never fails

C- The Old Gods smite Akyab and Kek becomes a follower of the Old Gods

CCC

C
Gods help and we convert religion

>dovakhin downloads mod.exe
>installs
>spawns jet
>rekts everything

Such is life In skyrim

Still capping everything you post.
I ain't a busta.
Also fuck that guy. Old gods kick his ass.

f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...f5...

Get smited Akyab!

it is if you start brewing something alcoholic and selling it.

the Cavern Tavern.

it'll be legendary.

The humans have a population of around 80. The orcs made a more conscious effort to reproduce in the aftermath of the disaster, whilst the human population only increased gradually.

>As Aykab bring his swing downwards, a white bolt flies out of the sky and knocks the weapon from his hand. Aykab is knocked back by the force of the blast, his gauntlets melted and his hand burnt.

>"Foolish orc," says a booming voice, coming from somewhere higher in the mountain, "You seek to claim our land without our consent? Where are your manners? Kek has paid the blood price, you are not worthy."

>The orc camp looks around, confused, scared, unsure of what to do. Then, further bolts fly out of the sky, crashing into Aykab and shattering the ground beneath him. The challenger's body is reduced to a blackened husk.

>In the aftermath of the duel, Kek convenes a moot at the peak of the mountain with a number of his highest-ranking officers, along with the priestesses.

>Shocked by the course of events, they decide to...

A) Convert to the Old Religion (weekly sacrifices, grants the Old Gods' favor)
B) Travel to the shrine and destroy it

Population: 44
Religion: Shamanism (Old Gods if A)

let the gods intervene! smite that son of a bitch who challenged Kek!

cavebro here
maybe i should do like RimWorld playthroughs or something with people from on here
then again idk how far a group of degenerates would get.

B! We have our ways, and they are the greatest! Would we sacrifice our whole history for the will of some putrid god? We are orcishkind! Born from the mountains, and the blood of daemons! Charge the shrine! Attaaaack!

unless they will take animal/random wealth sacrifices, B, fuck that shrine.

A
Blood for the Blood God!
Blood for the Blood God!

Animal sacrifices are fine, I should have specified this

A) PRAISE THE OLD GODS AND THE MADNESS THAT COMES!
You know what time it is ya gits! We will come down the mountains in a tide of green! We will take their women and sacrifice the men!

A

A/ THE OLD ONES HAVE SPOKEN.

convert back to the old religion if animal sacrifices are acceptable

then change mine to A, we can hunt

b

We should get all ninja like and just kidnap a random human every once in a while for a blood sacrifice.

Cowards! All cowards! You have no respect for the ways of the orc. How could you yield to another? Disgraceful.

The masses have spoken!

That s fucking brilliant

A, but only if animal sacrifices are okay. If not, B

I hope someone will make an imgur out of this, and hopefully post tomorrow. Anyway I'm off, fantastic job OP, well done.

>The tribe decides to convert to the Old Gods' religion, offering a weekly sacrifice from their livestock.

[The humans leave the orc camp as a result of the decision. Caveville cuts ties.]

>After converting to the Old Ways, Kek's tribe prospers. Crop growth seemingly doubles and few are afflicted with illness. The following weeks are bountiful; numbers increase and the orcs expand their further into the mountain.

[Nightfall]

>A ship crashes on the shore. From the view atop the mountain, orc scouts estimate that it is a merchant vessel, with no more than 3-4 people on board. They seem to have made it to the relative safety of shore.

A) Kill the travelers, take their inventory
B) Enslave the travelers, take their inventory
C) Leave the travelers in peace

Population: 64
Religion: Old Ways
Technologies: Blacksmithing, tailoring, cooking, divine favor
Settlements: Camp MAGA, Caveville (neutral)

Hey man. It ain't like we weren't gonna kill the humans already. Now we're just sacrificing a few of em to the blood god in exchange for more power.

B) SLAVES AND BREEDING STOCK FOR THE LADS!
By the way how do we reproduce, is it spores like 40K?

The naysayer is reassured by the boons of the Old Gods. However, he remains wary, causing some concern amongst others.

B) Enslave those motherfuckers. They are a boon from the blood gods. I hope they have guns!

B - save them for the sacrifices

Sacrifice the travelers to the blood god!
Oh and steal all their shit.

A- Cant risk enslaving them and having them harm our fellow orcs

Theres 3 or 4 people, they cant do much

sacrifice the niggers to the gods

Incoming sacrificial slaughter!

Before I leave lads, remember that the blacksmith warned us about the old gods. I don't think he was that scared just because of the sacrifices. Take heed.

>A raiding party is sent down to the shore. The merchants, terrified, are quickly subdued and brought up to the mountain camp, where they are shackled along with the livestock. The merchants' goods are deposited in the store room - there are some very expensive fabrics in here.

>"Y-you..." mutters one of the enslaved merchants, "These goods were meant for Caveville...when they learn of this, t-they'll..."

>"What?" asks an orc, "Attack us? We bear them no ill will and, even if they did, we would run them down."

[Nightfall]

>Through some mysterious means, one of the merchants escapes. A scout spots him running towards Caveville from just outside the confines of the camp;

A) Kill the escaping merchant
B) Let him live (word of attack reaches Caveville)

Population: 71

Kill him.
Sacrifice his blood to the blood god!

A

I say we leave the new people in peace.

B

Let him live, let the humans come if they dare!

>C) Old Gods intervene

A

cavebro is not stupid
murder that filthy coward!

A)KILL HIM NONE DEFY THE OLD GODS!

KILL HIM BEFORE THEY FIND OUT

KILL

The old gods are working to make us go to war. It's kinda obvious.

>A) Convert to the Old Religion

We're forgetting an important detail here.
Caveville is connected to MORE people out in the seas. We should be careful about them--I don't want to end up barraged with cannonballs from merchant ships, do you?
I vote we injure him or capture him, but not kill him.

Jesus
I suppose he has to die now.

if we let him live, he tells caveville
if we kill him noone has to know.

>B) Enslave the travelers, take their inventory

You forget that we are camped on a highly fortified montain top.
Ain't no cannonballs hitting us up here.

>A) Kill the escaping merchant

Still, though. Consider their connections.

>The orc scout skewers the merchant with an arrow. The merchant is instantly killed. His body is retrieved by the scout, to be sacrificed at the Old Way altar beneath the mountain.

>A hooded traveler arrives at the orc's camp. One of the orc guards swings at her; she is an apparition, and his strike goes right through her. She continues walking towards Kek's longhouse, silent. One of the priestesses recognizes a sigil around her neck; she is an avatar of the Old Gods.

>She offers to empower Kek, at a price.

A) Learn the Old Magicks [great power - must upgrade sacrifices to human blood]
B) Refuse the avatar's offer [no consequence; will not make this offer again]

Population: 76

fuck them

AAAA

>A) Learn the Old Magicks

B

A. And he teaches everyone else.

Refuse

Gain the power and let's go get us some humans

If the power could help us win wars when the humans rebel, then I say we accept. otherwise, hell no

A

A) Though magic is not of the orkish way, strength is, and if this will increase kek's power, so be it!

cavebro here
i can feel my eyes getting heavier, A.

It'll be dark power. Like an orc warlock. Kek will be mighty indeed.

UNLIMITED POWER

I assumed human blood to begin with. The old magics?
Count me in!

Magicks make orc strong!

WHAT IS SHED WILL GROW IN THE SOIL. NOTHING IS LOST FOR THE ONE WHO CANNOT SEE.

Kek must consume human blood, puny milk drinking human blood

THE GREAT GREEN FLOOOWWWSSSS THROUGH KEK

BROTHERS!
You are all forgetting the ways of our people. Yes, the puny humans should be crushed, yes, we must grow in strength and numbers, but not by sacrificing our own kind, not by dark magic and filthy tricks. We win our wars by force, not sorcery! Remember the reaction of the human blacksmith too, he was afraid of the Old Gods, they are not to be trusted like this.
Be careful brothers, be careful.

Anyway, I'm off, keep up the great work op

>Kek accepts the offer. He establishes a small group of elite rogues, who are to kidnap one human per week, to be sacrificed. They are to remain undetected; to the inhabitants of Caveville, people will simply vanish.

>The avatar teaches Kek a number of Old Magicks. With these, the Orcs' combat prowess will be unrivaled, so long as they continue to sacrifice humans at the altar.

>Time passes and Kek's tribe grow stronger by the day. One day, a scouting party returns, with word of a large human settlement on an island to the east. Their numbers are difficult to estimate, but it will be in the high hundreds. Due to the expanding nature of the stronghold, it would be wise to move; the orcs can plot a raid on the eastern island, claiming it as their own, or move further north and establish a new settlement on the same island.

A) Plot an all-out assault on the eastern island
B) Move north

Population: 81
Technologies: Blacksmithing, tailoring, cooking, divine favor, Old Magicks