Ask a chef anything about food or cooking

Ask a chef anything about food or cooking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0
youtube.com/watch?v=RAOgl-Sv09U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do you like your steak?

How do perfect stake?

medium rare

what method of cooking?

Would you serve this amazing sandwich in a restaurant?

microwave

My advice to you. Seek professional help!

I work at subway, food is nice and need a better job than subway.

Tips for trying to work in kitchen?

I work at subway, food is nice and need a better job than subway.

Tips for trying to work in kitchen?

Impossible...you could sear both sides then microwave till centre is cooked to your liking but totally in a microwave....impossible

Tried a sous vide cryo seared steak. Twas amazing.

go to any restaurant you want to work at
ask to speak to the owner or chef, sometimes the same person
bring your resume
tell them you will work your ass off to learn how to cook
it's a long hard road but worth while

Heat a pan until very hot. Add oil. Sear steak. Add butter, thyme and garlic. Continue cooking. Use spoon to put butter on top of steak while its cooking. Let it rest for half the cooking time. Sear it again with a blow torch. Add coffee butter on top.

Drawknife then maybe a spoke shave

Some chef do the egg test so learn to cook an egg properly.

WHERE IS THE LAMB SAUCE?!?!???

How many times have you shot a load in someone's food?

Just rolling for a movie picker, don't mind me.

especially scrambled

open your eyes faggot

only in yours

I want to start dry aging my steaks, but don't know what equipment I need. Any help?

what are you addicted to/recovering from?

I thought you used to much salt

Buy from a butcher shop....they will already be aged.

pussy

Not OP. Recovering alcoholic chef here

What do you eat at home?

how does being a Chef help with your recovery?

Minimalist bread recipe please

The days i work, very little. Constantly grazing at work. On a day off which is usually Sunday wifey and I will cook brunch together then go out for Italian or Chinese locally.

If you're a chef show us some of your food not shit you googled.

Sourdough starter, yeast, flour, water
mix
bake
profit

who the fuck takes pictures of food they have cooked? The only pics are on the restaurant's web site.

Where do you work

I'm not falling for that one.
But here is one of our dishes

How do I make curry sauce at home?

Kyle?

How do you make scrambled eggs?

hello

Doesn't seem worth the drive to go to a restaurant to eat that.

Why aren't your portions respectably sized?

no sorry

Why do you serve raw food? Gross.

He's referencing Gordon Ramsay you stupid cunt lol

Ok serious question I admire what you do, but how do you know how a steak is cooked by just touching it.

so sorry for the stupid questions but what is your most delicous dish involving truffle oil and how can i make really good restaurant quality pizza myself?

Not op but that's easy use bread flour for good Pizza crust.

I saw a vid of Ramsey making a beef wellington

I have some cooking experience...do you think this is difficult to do?

I want to make it for Christmas but I don't know where to find that particular cut of beef.

curry can be a very complex combination of ingredients and spices. I would youtube some top Indian chefs and find out how they do it.

How long do you rest a nice Porterhouse steak for about 1inch thick

Is action Bronson a hack

youtube.com/watch?v=PUP7U5vTMM0

I have these ingredients - what simple dish can I make, preferably under 30 mins: Chicken, pasta, tomato pesto, coconut cream, spicy Chipotle paste, asparagus, paprika, salt/pepper.

How do I become a very good cook?

enjoy your McDonalds

Not op either but if you can manage the cancer, buzzfeed did a $-$$$ pizza episode and the latter involved truffle at a very profitable price. I'd suggest skipping to the end and taking notes

Go into a butcher shop, ask for a cut used for beef wellington, pay the man, make the food.

I don't think there is a proper butcher in this entire city. Will have to go to Zehrs

Use fresh ingredients

how do i properly cook fish? im honestly just using some cheap ass fish like some...wild salmon? dont know the name in english, but i wanna know how to cook it properly.

How long do you rest a nice Porterhouse steak for about 1inch thick

Fuck me mate, do you even Goggle?

At least an hour

How can you call it a city if there isn't a butchers shop?

>beef wellington
>difficult?

If you have to ask, it's too difficult. Practice makes perfect, though. Use a pork loin for practice; that cut is much cheaper and you won't feel awful when you fuck up your first one.

Also, you need a thermometer to determine interior temperature. Do not omit.

make curry paste

piss easy to do and you can freeze it

plus you know what's going in to it

simple risotto with truffle oil and orange zest. But yourself a pizza stone, oven on high high! use Laura's recipe for homemade dough...she's been making it via her dad her whole life
youtube.com/watch?v=RAOgl-Sv09U

what knives do you use. Brand.

how do you decide how much spice to add to dishes? feeling only? taste every step of the way?

A city owned and funded by yuppies

is there a butcher near you?
It's not hard but labour intensive.
Well worth the effort.

4-5 minutes

>curry sauce

>curry can be a very complex combination of ingredients and spices

Curry is a word Brits promoted to refer to any Indian stew. It's not a word that's nearly as prominent in India.

If its 'curry' you want, though:
- color: turmeric (flavor too, though its color is more prominent)
- main spice: coriander
- secondary spice: cumin
- accent spices: cardamom, clove, star anise, cinnamon

I just brushed my new cast iron pan with olive oil and baked it for an hour at 350, now it's all sticky, did I season it wrong?

Not professional cook user, but if you taste your food throughout the cooking, you have a better chance to figure out what which spices do and develop your own preferences.
But yuppies should be able to afford a good butchers shop. Or are they all various iterations of vegan and vegetarian now?

who the fuck is he?
what cut of chicken?

Scrub. Bake more.

work hard
go to culinary school for basics
work hard
listen to what the old guys are saying
Pepin
Julia Childs

Do you work at Araxi?

Fuck man OP here, don't do that. Get mobile and find a real butcher...well worth the effort....and when you find him, ask him where the nearest fish monger is. profit.

>But yuppies should be able to afford a good butchers shop. Or are they all various iterations of vegan and vegetarian now?
Who knows...

Thats true. I was just curious how chef adds spices. since tastes are different I was wondering if there are rules for general use asidefrom personal taste and experience like ratios or such.

Breast

say that tomy face fucker not online and see what happens

totally depends on what you want the outcome to be. baked, fried, smoked, loxs. Ocean salmon is way better than fresh water and Pacific is better than Atlantic. I need to know more info dood.

I don't know, I guess a way of learning is having someone else make it first, let you taste and then you try to recreate that taste.

What's a good way to mask smell/taste of cum?
Any foods, preparation instructions etc

lol and dubs

I use Wusthof. No for the amateur because you have to sharpen the every day. A good quality Henckel ( there are 3 types ) go with top of the line. They hold there edge a long time...and always use a steel.

look at these dubs

even this is a dubs!
i love you dubs god

Lol its not that complicated just put any oil cook with it eventually the pan will season.

taste if you are unsure...even if I am sure...I still find myself sneaking a taste...just because so many things come into play cooking.....is it a hot day or cool day, humidity, cut of the meat...different ever animal, etc.

Ayyyyyy lmao. Look at my dubs too

I've heard CutCo is a lot better than Wusthof. My parents still have their set from the 60's

Cheapest, easiest, and tastiest thing to make when a couple of friends or a girl is over?

Close, but quads