Well friends. I'm scared. I got a week left before leaving to boot camp. Any words of encouragement before I enter hell?

Well friends. I'm scared. I got a week left before leaving to boot camp. Any words of encouragement before I enter hell?

What branch?

Stop being a pussy. You signed the papers

Careful not to drop the soap whilst in the shower. The first weeks initiations are a bitch.

Phrased a bit differently, you're going to be the Initiation Bitch.

Thank you in advance for your service.

Just don't quit midway like a bitch, drill sergeants will destroy you and make you stay for the full two and a half months anyway. Better to just stick to it.

this person never went to Marine bootcamp
no such thing as "initiation bitch"
fuck you, pog

come one you apes do you want to live forever

give em hell johny

Don't be a puss. Basic isn't that bad just shut your mouth and do what they say and you'll be fine.

Jesus don't be a faggot. The shit isn't hard....fuck...

cya later, space cowboy

You can still back out.

I'm going to boot camp in the middle of the summer. Enlisting this Wednesday

>shut your mouth and do what they say
this

nice feet

nice feet

Why are you doing it?

Parris Island or San Diego?

Sgt, USMC here. Keep your head low and fly under the radar. You do NOT want to have any attention on you.

Don't lose shit. Do NOT NOT LOSE YOUR FUCKING GEAR.

Keep pushing, and don't psyche yourself out. When you are at your most stressed, take a step back mentally and remember you are in a game. Boot camp doesn't last forever, and it gets better when you're through

Semper Fi

It really isn't that bad, just really long. Find out which company is directly ahead of you in training and every time you do some new part of training you'll remember watching them do it and how far away it felt and realize that time is actually going by pretty quick.

quit now sheeple

You'll come out either mentally stronger or weaker for it. Focus on coming out stronger. Don't let them break you. Laugh at the stupid shit. Don't have a panic attack every day. Take it a day at a time and it will go by faster than you think.

Really though don't lose gear. I honestly think that boot camp is the one place it's okay to steal, simply because everyone else will steal from you. Had a squad leader steal my rifle cable lock in second phase. I never stopped getting fucked up for that

The marines are for faggots with mental issues.

Every former marine i met is the biggest bitch/pussy on the planet. Before joining they were just faggots.

No matter how much they scream at you, always refer to yourself in the first person as "I," never "this recruit," they'll respect you for it.

listen to this guy. basic/boot doesn't last forever. just don't bitch out and definitely don't lose anything. once you're at your first unit, it'll be funny stories, no one will want to hear.

Jeezuf effin christ. Basic is easy as shit. The worst thing is lack of sleep. I used to have a rubber tank model throen at my head for falling asleep at a class. Also, guard your chow. Eat fast. The guys in your platoon will try to steal your food. Fire watch sucks. Get two pairs of boots. One you polish and leave em in your locker. Never wear em. Wear only one pair out in the field. Basic is just like county. The first ahole to fuck with you, just haul off and slug him. Even if you you lose, they know you will throe down. Dont let th DS learn your name. They will always pick on the guy they can remember. If you fuck with a DS, and they challenge you to a fight behind the barracks, decline. There are always 3-4 DS's waiting for you. They force you into silence after fucking you up, just to make your DS seem like the ultimate bad-ass.

1. Don't be first, don't be last.
2. Keep your mouth shut and do what they say.
3. Breathe relax aim squeeze (rifle mantra)
4. (During reception) Tell the person in the finance office to set aside 10% of your pay into an account set aside for an IRA. When you get out you'll have a fat stack of cash you never knew you missed.
5. The military has programs where you can take college courses AT NO COST TO YOU. Take them all and get a fucking masters degree in whatever while your squad mates are drinking themselves to death.
6. Don't buy a new car.
7. Don't buy a new car.
8. Don't buy a new car.
9. The businesses around every army post are designed to take a soldiers money. Just buy a new video game every now and then and you'll be fine.
10. Don't volunteer for shit
11. Do your four years and get the fuck out unless you're going to become an officer.
12. When in doubt, empty the magazine.
13. Write this list down where you won't lose it and keep an extra copy in your pocket. Don't deviate and you'll be fine.
Your successful army airborne daddy.

Bootcamp is pussfied these days, you'll be fine faggot. You'll even get to keep your phone, so get a good data plan. Also, if your mama sends you cookies, everyone gets to share. Great way to make friends. Just make sure she sends enough for 150+ people.

i've been in the canadian regular forces for 12 years now. we whoop you marines in war games all the time

Basically this. Every time I think about joining the Corps, I think about how almost every marine I've ever met (which is a lot of them) is a huge faggot.

If you were successful you'd have mentioned:
1a: Don't get married.

Ok I missed one.

And WEAR CONDOMS!

Suck it up buttercup

Jesus, you're retarded

Get a tattoo of Osama Bin Laden on your back for the lulz

This. Don't get fucking married. Saw a few guys get married to some chicks right after basic. Fucking stupid.

I did 16 years as a Marine corps psychologist and worked 12 of those years in PSYOPS.

My advice to you is to not kill yourself because at one point, you'll seriously consider it.

Semper Fi, fucko.

Don't be a bitch....

It's been 6 years since basic and I remember all of the washouts.

Don't be a washout.

This: Confirmed. So many friend's lives just fucking ruined by boot-marriages. Don't do it.

Also, don't fuck anyone you work with. For the love of god trust me on this one. MOS school is fine

If you can keep any books with you, I suggest Aurelius Meditations, the Odyssey or the Iliad, or the Bible.

Remember, too, that Trump is President. You may be working for something in which you believe.

Former ROK Army here.
They don't let you do anything you can't.
Just don't grab the soap on the floor in the shower.

this day in age is a bad time to join the army. i spent 13 months in Afghanistan, things are getting way outa control over in the middle east. i really dont want to go back. (i never really saw combat)

Keep your head down and your mouth shut. Be Forest Gump.

whats your MOS?
i'm 0311

ha,you aint gonna make it kid.better go back to sucking on your mother's cock

C'mon man

>Army
Good luck

>Marines
Jesus dude

>Air force
Do you even WANT to join the military?

>Navy
Just know how to swim and do pull ups and you're good

>Coast Guard
Just know how to swim and you're good

>National Guard
Read up on BLM and Feminists

>they dont let you do anything you cant

fucking obama and the left wing man,turnin everybody into faggot ass pansys

They let them keep their cell phones now in basic, I'm told. It should be a pandering experience.

>Enlisting this Wednesday

Join the Air Force. You haven't signed yet.

Holy fuck are you serious? That's just as bad as those fucking stress cards.

I worked you ROK's before. You guys were hard core.

Welcome to the Navy!!!

[Former Marine] You'll survive. Just go and give all you have to give. You'll get screamed at anyway. The point of the screaming is to simulate the stress of battle. Embrace it. And read up on Terminallance.com so you don't become some retarded boot.

>read up on blm and feminists

i lol'd,a bunch of angry niggers and fat cunts are no threat to america

I will try. Just getting very nervous. Like I have a stomach ache.

Rude.

>Don't lose shit. Do NOT NOT LOSE YOUR FUCKING GEAR.
Now I'm even more scared. I'm the worst at losing things.

Didn't read all of that but wrote a couple down. Thanks chief.

I'm actually engaged.

The first week will be the worst. Prepare to be yelled at constantly.

The whole yelling thing is what has me most worried. I get really anxious when someone yells at me or at people near me and I start laughing as a defense mechanism. Like it's involuntary and I can't help it.

What should I do if I laugh?

>The first week will be the worst. Prepare to be yelled at constantly.

OP is engaged and that's good marriage advice.

He's right. Terminal Lance here. Hope you go to the grunts faggot, I hope you get sent to 29 stumps, where motivation goes to die. PS We still haze boots.

Oh, and be the house mouse in boot. Y'all get hooked up.

Don't sweat it. I had fun in basic but it was Army and ROTC. If your fit you should have no problem.

I hear lately no on can shoot. Or has exposure to it. Not sure if it's true. I qualified expert. Good luck.

>What should I do if I laugh?

Don't laugh. Learn to not need to externally react.

>i've been in the canadian regular forces for 12 years now. we whoop you marines in war games all the time
KEK
Sure you did, sure you did.

You will learn discipline. Through some orifice, it will seep into you and you will learn how to not laugh out loud

Soooo much this. Pay attention to what you're supposed to be paying attention to, keep your mouth shut, do what you're supposed to be doing, fly under the goddam radar as much as possible.

DO NOT volunteer for anything during the first few weeks. If the drills know your name and your face during this time, you're fucked.

DO NOT slack off during PT. Passing PT tests opens a fuckton of freedoms up to you. Finish every PT session puking your guts out. The drills will respect you for going all out every time. Bring intensity to PT and keep it for the whole session.

Eat a fuckton of protien. Your body will need it to build muscle. On second thought, eat a fuckton of everything, just watch some of the greasy stuff and fiber they serve in the chow halls. Nothing is worse than a case of the shits during a road march.

Most of all, DO NOT give up, the drills are looking for the guys who are not giving 100% all the time and will fuck their shit up when they find them.

For the yelling, not sure what I can tell you. Just remember, war time simulation. Maybe hire a stranger to scream at you to practice? (Not even joking)
The DI's are fucking hilarious. Do your best not to laugh, and just expect you are going to do endless push ups anyway. When I felt like laughing, I tried to think of the most unfunny stuff possible.

im not that guy but hes not joking. the canadian regular forces have taken out the marines countless amount of times in war games. they're very well trained, they just dont have the strength in numbers

nice feet

You have been there!

Got out of Army basic last month and let me tell you Ft. Benning was no fucking joke. First things first, it doesn't matter what branch you go into, you will be fucking miserable the first few weeks ESPECIALLY when you go to reception. Reception sucks ass; they kept us awake for almost 3 days straight, smoked us (though they're not technically supposed to) and we would sit around waiting for hours on end doing nothing. It fucking sucks and that's where you will want to quit the most. When you hit actual basic (or boot camp if you're a Marine fag) it will still be miserable but you're actually in training now so now things will move faster. After a while you'll get letters and such and things won't seem so bad, it will just become your life. The best advice is like several others are saying, just fly under the radar. Do the right thing, don't start shit with other recruits, don't volunteer much if at all.

For the love of God do not quit. They will make your life a living hell. There were people that quit the first week of red phase that had to watch us fucking graduate and were STILL stuck at the base while we were all going home/ to our duty stations. I promise you you'll regret it too and you'll end up telling everyone a big fat fucking lie like you were hurt or something and had to get out. If you quit you will sit in a hallway and stare at a wall all day. You'll be given shitty, bottom of the barrel details like cleaning squadron, other companies barracks, doing bitch work around the base for anyone that needs bitch people to help them. The other recruits will also relentlessly harass you and you will feel like a huge pussy.

I stress that so much because that will be a major dilemma your first few weeks. It's hard man but you have my word that you'll get used to it. As for everything else they'll tell you what to do and how to do it in great detail.

She already yells at me all the time. Big part of the reason I'm so anxious.

>Don't laugh. Learn to not need to externally react.
If I don't laugh, I'll make weird faces, almost like tics. Way obvious and cringey.

Is there really a lot of rape?

>What should I do if I laugh?

Protect your head

>what should I do if I laugh?
You won't be able to do anything. You will just get more drill sergeants circling around you screaming at you at the top of there lungs. Or they will make your group do push-ups as punishment for your fuck up.

This.
They will try to make you laugh. You will be fucked if you crack a smile.

Courtesy of Terminal Lance

>Is there really a lot of rape?

What would you consider "a lot" ?

That was alot to read but thanks for responding.

They can't really hit you, can they?

>You will just get more drill sergeants circling around you screaming at you at the top of there lungs.
I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing if they did that.

youre a faggot, shit is easy

>They can't really hit you, can they?

I don't know how to do spoiler tags.

>I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing if they did that.
Then they will stop punishing you and start punishing everyone else. You do not want that to happen.

civilians arent pogs, you are a fucking idiot

Is boot camp hard? I plan on going into the navy.

I'm thinking of enlisting in the marine corps, so question. Why not buy a car, and if I stay in the military, can I live on comfortable pay, or is the pay garbage(overall).

No they can't hit you. Basic has been pussified so much it's a joke.

Pay is garbage.

My anemic little sister would make it through Navy bootcamp, and she's the most sensitive thing on the planet

It's not as bad as people seem to think it is...probably watch too many movies or some shit, I don't know. Don't get me wrong though, it's damn tough...just keep your head up and try to show initiative. Good luck!

There are no spoiler tags on Sup Forums

Don't buy a NEW car. Or anything above 10k.

The pay is good when you consider how many expenses the military covers for free (food stipend, housing, insurance, etc). You will have tons of spending money. Buying a new car is one trap a lot of boots fall into.

Buy yourself a few nice things, sure, but SAVE MONEY YOU FUCKING BOOOOTS

If you suck at PT do extra push ups and sit ups in your free time. You'll have more and more down time the further along you go in basic and the Drill Sgt.'s always encouraged us to practice PT whenever we could so don't worry about that. If you've never shot before you'll be fine. They break that shit down so easily that kids from the city who have never shot a rifle in their life were qualifying expert's at the range. As for the other shit just have fun and embrace it. Going out in the field, sleeping in a scrape, the Drill's and cadre setting up ambushes and missions for you to complete; look at it as a camping trip and a fun game. It will be exhausting but as long as you keep a positive attitude and make friends it will go by quicker and you'll have fun. There will be a lot of tedious bullshit the further you go but it will pass, that's the most important thing to remember. The real Army is NOTHING like basic training. It's a job, you can use your phone, get weekends off (if you're not in the field or something but that doesn't happen often) and can take leave to go home when you get out of training. Just always stay in shape, it's a very physical job.

All these faggots saying it's easy have done it already but I got out of it relatively recently so I still remember how lonely and daunting it was at first. There's no shame in being afraid or depressed, everyone was at first, just don't let that influence any rash decisions. Good luck buddy and thanks for serving your country!

Well, statistically speaking, it's unlikely you'll die, but literally everyone that I know that has joined the military has either seen their comrades die, or have been permanently injured themselves. Except for the Navy fags that I know.

Navy boot camp is about as pussified as anything can be. The hardest part is learning how to suck two dicks at once while fingering another guy's asshole.

Best branch if i want to be a cop after i get out? and what should i do in that branch

the military in general is pussified now,you can thank obama and the libtards who elected him

Army...MP

since you're scared right now, you will always be a bitch in my corps

Kiss ass pretty much, youre going to be pushed but at the end you will look back and fucking love the fact that you joined, which branch are you joining?

do MP's get to shoot minoritys and get away with it like non military police do