>using Rhianna in the title to help advertise a trailer

Lol Paramount is getting pathetic

youtube.com/watch?v=3MBXBMkcUNo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2AQ44nPrRTM
youtube.com/watch?v=XfP6o-61e2s
youtube.com/watch?v=2f4aAwa5wdg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I look forward to this movie. I will be purchasing tickets to support future films.

>future films
Your naivety is cute.

I'm still interested in this. That first trailer was pretty rough but the latest two were pretty good, if nothing else Lin has an eye for visuals.

I dunno, I like the JJverse a lot. You can enjoy it while also enjoying the previous universe work, there' no law stating you can only like one version of Trek.

No, he meant he supports films set in the future.

You're free to like lazy bastardizations of Star Trek I guess.

It looks better than the last two Star Trek movies.

>Paramount is getting pathetic
"Getting"? JJ Trek is insipid trash for people who think that lens flare, shit blowing up and ATTITUDE makes up for shitty, unlikable, one-dimensional characters and stupid plots riddled with plot holes... not to mention the fact that it has none of the feel of actual Star Trek.

It looks like the same shit to me

What ship is that at the end of the trailer? Doesn't look anything like the enterprise. Looks more like the NX-01 from ENT. Not saying it is but my guess is the enterprise will be destroyed and they will find either the NX-01 or at least some ship from centuries prior.

Likely. There's time travel involved.

>no JJ directing
>no Orci and Kurtzmann writing
>no Lindelof involved in any way

It's possible that they've fixed everything that was wrong with the first two movies.

Also dat NX style ship

USS Franklin

>shitty new movie is advertised by shitty new group/performer
Nope, never heard this one before.
youtube.com/watch?v=2AQ44nPrRTM

>not even Sup Forums cares about watching this trainwreck
it's literally that irrelevant

>Lizard-men with swarms of small ships and RAMMING SPEED! tactics

I swear to god, if this turns out to be the fucking Dominion...

Anyone else find the ST reboot series mostly forgettable? I don't know if it's because there is no accompanying tv series to flesh out the characters, or maybe I'm just getting older.

I just like the music

youtube.com/watch?v=XfP6o-61e2s

Typical JJ fare. Entertaining enough while you watch it, later you can't really remember anything specifically that happened

Everything about this is unappealing for the general public.

And for people who actually like Star Trek, it will be like getting raped, and then murdered.

My ears

>JJprise gets blown up in first act
>crew spends rest of movie tooling around in a ship that actually looks like something from Star Trek
>script written by Simon Pegg, massive Star Trek nerd
>directed by Justin Lin, massive Star Trek nerd

Am I the only one who's actually optimistic about this flick?

Before, we had two movies directed by a guy who was auditioning for Star Wars and never watched the shows, written by the guys who wrote Transformers 2. Now there are actual fans in charge with the backing of the studio

Simon "It's not Khan you stupid nerds, we swear" Pegg a shit.

And I'm not excited by a director whose biggest work is in the Fast & Furious franchise.

0.5 oz of latinum has been deposited into your account.

That's a ridiculous sum of money as far as I can remember from the episode "Who Mourns for Morn?"

It would take a ridiculous sum of money to convince anyone to "like" this movie.

At the very most the script will have nuggets of good writing in it outside of the schlock the studio probably wants (since it looks like Guardians of the Galaxy)

Love that the cutaway kept the Budweiser distillery in the engineering section. Also holy shit that it a lot of shuttlecraft

Well they had to put something in the titanic shuttlebay that the upscale of the Constitution-class left them with.

I think ST09 was pretty great and has some memorable moments. Hell the first 10 minutes, that scene about the USS Kelvin is some of the best stuff Star Trek has ever put on the big screen. That small scene was somehow more compelling and emotionally charged than all of Nemesis.

youtube.com/watch?v=2f4aAwa5wdg

I love big ships in my science fiction but the new Enterprise is just bizarrely gigantic, especially for the setting.

So starships come with motorcycles in the JJverse?

meh

Yeah, why not dune buggies instead?

geez that guy looks like hes going to cry