Why did prog ever need to be more complex than this album...

Why did prog ever need to be more complex than this album? Echoes is probably the finest side-long prog epic from the 70s and also a big influence on post-rock, but it's not pretentious at all, in fact its very subdued

That's just... your "opinion", mate.

Sure, but Pink Floyd is on another league of commercial and critical success from all other prog (only King Crimson might surpass them in critical success) and it's because they weren't overblown and flashy. Why didn't more bands take after them

Echoes is the greatest piece of music ever produced by humans. It is currently the peak of all music.

Also Meddle is great. Intense songs like One of These Days and Echoes, as well as light enjoyable songs like Fearless and San Tropez. A masterpiece.

Atom Heart Mother (album) is better.
Also:
Echoes (live in Pompeii)>Atom Heart Mother>Echoes (Studio version)

>"finest side-long prog epic"
excuse me?
>inb4 "not prog"

>epic

Finest side long prog?
Nooooope

I love the pompeii version but the studio version has the panning piano note

I know the album art is an ear underwater, but does anyone else imagine some weird underwater creature, with no eyes or nose but a mouth, when they see this?

I always thought it was a coral

I always thought it was a close up of a fetus.

>they weren't overblown and flashy
Are you kidding me?

I honestly still don't see the ear after years of reading this

>echoes
>not epic

>Why did prog ever need to be more complex than this album?
you're a moron and you dont understand what "progressive" rock is

:o

actually is the ear of a pig

Hi scrim.

>7 different songs stitched together

Music doesnt NEED to be anything. Echoes is great but most of the progression happens early on in the song and gradually repeats just like a stretched out rock song. Sometimes i wanna hear more ambitious proge like larks tongue or samlas mammas

And what's your take on Careful With That Axe Eugene?