Dr who general /who/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WIxAexq-eew
youtu.be/YVwAeL6tjkA
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Ramone
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/747450213447704580
dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3662234/Matt-Lucas-seen-character-time-set-Doctor-films-new-scenes-alongside-Peter-Capaldi-Pearl-Mackie.html
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/747459534214545408
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for do NOT reply to mong user's shitposting.

12 is a disappointing Doctor. Had high hopes when Capaldi was announced. Such a shame they cocked it up

>the doctor at a university
maybe now it's time to introduce a certain old character again

Reminder to check with cats what the approved topics are or he'll tell his mommy

First for the new costume is shit

Also to report it.

>What's 12's iconography? I can think of one for every Doctor, except 12.
Extremely severe facial features.
I'm not even kidding, ever since his first appearance in DotD 12's aesthetic has been his face. He is so utterly distinctive that it barely even matters what bits of fabric he covers his modesty in.
Although style wise he basically just oscillates from 'formal' to 'smart casual' to 'informal' depending on which stage of mid-life crisis he's at this week. He's never going to be in Sixie technicolour mode, he is attached to dark tones.

It's a bit weird to think that someone varying their wardrobe means they have no clear character. All the things you describe are performances of different parts of an identity. He chills out in a hoodie and plays guitar when he wants to relax and not give a fuck about people's opinions. He is austere in a red velvet coat and shirt when he wants to make an impression.
In Hell Bent we even saw him taking it off in favour of a dusty old jacket because he felt he needed to let go of being 'Doctor', they are trying to tell you that his clothes are not intrinsically bound with his inner being. These are all performances, both to other people and to himself.

He was a certain way immediately after Trenzalore due to the circumstances of what happened and coming out of being 11. There is a clear point afterwards, probably after his reconciliation with Clara in Last Christmas, where he starts to feel more comfortable in his own skin, lets his hair grow out and stops pretending to not have emotions. It's not schizophrenia, it's development.

What the fuck was the costume designer thinking? Jesus Christ.

>tfw Bill studies Gender Studies at the university and it's one of those stories

it looks GOAT

Oh shit senpai, I didn't see that bright blue thing underneath. Blooming heck what's going on there?

Having said that, for all this outfit's awkwardness, I want to give it a cuddle.

Ok cats. Everyone will do what you say because we know you will tell your mommy and have a little tantrum.

2dark4me

>Is that really the Doctor? How strange. He seemed such a nice old man.

>muh malcom tucker without swear swords
phuck oph

Is the actor still alive?

Why is that fat fuck still wearing that thing?

Nope, i was actually hoping they'd so something more akin to the 4th Doctor. But alas, he fluctuates between the predictable grumpy old man and silly meme rockman

So we recognise a character we barely know

not a fan of blue
The black coat/dark grey hoodie is GOAT
everything under that should be different desu

Died in 86. There's no reason they can't recast him. The character is a time lord after all.

youtu.be/WIxAexq-eew

>he's still walking like a retard

Moffat didn't listen, he fixed nothing

PLATINUM AGE ABORTED

Starting to worry Capaldi's gone blind

But that is the 4th Doctor, although he tended to spend more time in silly meme mode than grumpy mode.

what?

>everything under that should be different desu
Well, have hope, we probably will see the coat with something diffferent underneath at some point in the series. He has way more inner suit variants than coat variants.

no. His Big Finish- and Dirk Gently-voice actors are still alive though.

Also, Chronotis is a Time Lord so he can just be recasted anyway.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE NARDOLE IS STILL AN AUTIST

Why else would he dress so poorly

This looks like a parody.

>Why are they bringing back Catherine Tate
>She was completely unfunny annoying and a loudmouth
>She's gonna be the worst companion EVER!
>SERIES RUINED!!!!

Well I'd fuck the guy in the background.

Exactly, I've got high hopes for this series desu

>he's still walking like a retard
Fatties tend to walk funny. They can't help it.

>she didn't make weird faces and noises
>she wasn't speaking like a retard
>she didn't look like a dickhead

I'm not sure what people were expecting, he is playing the same character.

Literally all this means is 'this is aesthetically similar to Doctor Who while also looking silly', which can be applies to 90% of everything that has ever been in Doctor Who.

What's wrong with it?

>both of them have massive tits

Look your strawman won't work until you actually manage to bring up a returning character that is actually written as subhuman retard.

Moffat shouldn't have written him to begin with, let alone bring him back. I can hardly imagine anyone getting behind this character. There are divisive characters like River Song or Osgood, but this is like a black hole of terror and retardation. Who would want him to return?

Chronotis is very unlikely as they'd have to pay Adams' estate to use his character

This one's okay. This is shit.

Well I was expecting him to be toned down a notch or two. Apparently that was asking for too much.

You are really overstating how bad the character is, how long has it been since you actually rewatched Husbands? He isn't a 'subhuman retard' at all, he talks in full sentences.

>actually manage to bring up a returning character that is actually written as subhuman retard.
Donna

swag

kys

No you go back to re-watch the episode.

See here youtu.be/YVwAeL6tjkA

And when the robot is interrogating him and beheading him.

So is GoT on death watch or is the season over or what? This place is fucking terrible right now.

Trekfan here, just need some answers.

>tfw those are just his real raybans and not the sonic sunglasses
reeeeee bring them back

Not a fan

How the fuck would we know? Does this look like the GoT general here?

You are literally just reading disturbing things into the fact he has a squeaky voice/accent, mutters to himself when alone, and reacts vocally to things such as confusion or mortal terror.
There's nothing 'subhuman retard' about him and I'm starting to wonder what you're like at parties.

What's the problem?

What going on here? didn't Matt's character get his head cut off?

I'm not the one who called him a 'subhuman retard', he's going a bit far. Personally I think 12 episodes of

>he has a squeaky voice/accent, mutters to himself when alone, and reacts vocally to things such as confusion or mortal terror

Is gonna get annoying, grating and tiring pretty quickly.

Yep, and it can't well be an earlier version of him else they'd have recognised each other in Husbands and thus defused the entire plot.

Probably some technobabble bullshit happened, or he got an android body, or he's a hologram, who knows.

At least its not this guy

Hi snide user!

or Nardole isn't a retard in S10, and he's only made a retard when 12 wipes his mind at the end of S10 and sends him off to live with River.
WIBBLY WOBBLY TIMEY WIMEY.

Who's that guy?

Can you guys take this general to tumblr or something more fitting the demographic.

Its embarrassing seeing you people post here.

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Ramone

No because he's still a retard as filming pics prove. Plus he ain't wearing that coat all year long.

Alright boys pack it up. Were moving to Tumblr.

>Trekfan
mah nigga

Thanks, your opinion is greatly appreciated and will be taken into account.

It's funny because there's a real possibility Doctor Who threads have been going on this board longer than you've been on Sup Forums. You know nothing about us m8.

'sup my Trekkers?

Have you looked at the catalog? He's probably scared because it's nearly half full of GoT threads.

>all year long
wait, are you saying he's going to be in the whole series?

fucking hell why does he still have such an awful outfit

everybody knows it's a horrible mistake to do up your top button if you aren't wearing a tie of any kind. It looks too plain and just looks bad in general

He's stretching out Clara's coat!

You didn't know?

no, I thought we only had him for one episode

Oh so Matt Lucas is actually retarded in real life too?

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/747450213447704580

He's not billed as a main companion alongside Pearl so probably not every episode, but more than one is likely.

One episode would have been fine but we'll have to deal with him for the whole series and that's why we're complaining m8.

funny noises are funny, user
it's literally in the name

So he's this series Danny Pink

no bullying the new companion

If I say you're rich it won't make you rich out of nowhere, will it?

Doctor Who > Star Trek

Sorry m8 but I'm going to have to disagree with you.

I've only seen Star Trek TOS but I found it overrated as phuck so I'll agree if we're comparing the '60s versions of each.

Sure, but Trek is still good m8.

Obviously.

He should play a villain desu

No, he's not got the acting ability to pull off anything more than a meme character.

fixed version

dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3662234/Matt-Lucas-seen-character-time-set-Doctor-films-new-scenes-alongside-Peter-Capaldi-Pearl-Mackie.html

At present, they both suck and I've had to quit watching both. Maybe post-Moffat Doctor Who and the upcoming Trek series will change my mind ('cause it damn sure isn't going to be JJ Trek that does the job).

More running! And DOCTAH

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/747459534214545408

He does in Krod Mandoon and he was the best part of it

Erm. Do you realize that, after s9, Capldick is now topping various polls as top rated Doctor, including /who/'s?

Plus he's a long shot for an Emmy nom.

Ay Doctah innit

I've only seen a season and a few episodes, but I have to say that he never clicked with me. I don't know that I dislike him, but I still don't know what I think of him, and that really shouldn't be the case this far in. It's hard to know how much that is because I don't like the direction the show has taken though.

She's a bioscientist. .

I would ask if you were me but it's not possible. I never even get dubs, let alone trips.