What exactly does a producer do?

what exactly does a producer do?

they're not writing the music or lyrics so...

Producers write music

What are you talkin boot

They also are sound designers

who dis qt?

my gf

They fix shitty artists' bad performances and make poorly written songs sound as good as they possibly can. So....

i want to cuddle your gf

"producer" can mean a lot of stuff. mixing, effect treatments, funding, bringing the artist(s) a coffee, etc. basically they get work done behind the scenes.

I want to "fuck" your gf

That's a mixer, user.

Producers add and arrange content. Mixers fix content.

>Producers add and arrange content.
but what purpose does a producer serve for a band like Radiohead

that's what I don't understand

They're like a film director, overseeing the proceedings and directing takes.

sounds like you're reaching pretty hard there

can I get a take from someone who isn't a complete retard?

Well he's not wrong, producer can mean a bunch of things. But basically a he is the person who oversees a project, being a producer means you need a great amount of knowledge and experience as an engineer, a musician and in music theory so that you can direct takes and change things that don't work. Producers most of the times are co-writers (if not the only writers, as in most pop music), such as Nigel Godrich for Radiohead. In the case of bands that can actually write good music (which you'd be surprised how much is actually done in the studio with the help of a producer), they throw in ideas to make songs/albums more cohesive.

they mix it you fag

this

I like this.

The way I always seen myself is like a marketing "product".

Producing is taking all the prepared ingredients to make a final meal.

ITT: retards

Thank you, now can we pretend previous replies didn't happen and restart the thread?

yeah whaddya want to talk about

idk but this is kinda fire. why'd you delete it.

>implying a lot of producers don't do both
Were you dropped on your head?

they produce the music

yeah why does people even pay them such a stupid thing lol like nigga record your own album in your basement baka