What are some pros/cons to joining the army?

What are some pros/cons to joining the army?

Lots of benefits and you get a badass bod

why they got fire alarms on their helmets?

getting shot by abu hajaar

You get to kill

Pros
Good pay
benefits
travel
get chicks easy

Cons
you can die

Not always true.

I'll give you a con...24 hour shift of sitting next to a phone...currently on hour 20..haven't slept in 46... Join the army they said...

Also, anything other than infantry and you're a faggot.

Fire alarms? You mean a base plate for NVG's?

I'll steve that shit when shit hits the fan

In the Navy. Don't care if I'm a fag. 8 hour work day in civvies. Get cucked fag.

the pay sucks benefits are 3rd world tier. 90% of the easy chicks are beastly. They only send you to shitty places when you travel 80% of the time.

Only pro is free college money and if you pick the right MOS AFSC or what the fuck the navy calls you will at least have a trade skill of some type. Be it Communications, medic, mechanic, ect ect. Just dont be a bullet catcher.

This. Marine infantry here. Trust me, "bragging rights" doesn't make me any richer.

nvg mount

If you join The Army for the benefits...make sure when you goto your recruiter that those benefits are laid out in your enlistment contract
Also do not join The National Guard
Depending on your deployment type you might not get GI Bill credit

Pros:
>Free college
>Good benefits
>Depending on your mos you may get to do some dope ass shit
>American society will regard you as a hero even if the only incoming fire you ever experienced was from someone throwing taco bell hot sauce at you.

Cons:
>Hard to maintain relationships
>If you're in a combat arms mos, you very well could die, be maimed, or suffer severe psychological trauma that your family and friends will never be able to understand
>You'll be putting your life at risk for the geopolitical goals of people who don't give a damn about you and see you as nothing more than a number, but will use your service as a talking point anytime they need to seem patriotic.
>American society will regard you as a hero even if the only incoming fire you ever experienced was from someone throwing taco bell hot sauce at you.

Pros: none
Cons: you didn't join the Air Force

pro: you get to fuck guys in the ass all day
con: you get fucked in the ass all day

Con: Cannonfodder

It's okay. They make you do AN ASS TON OF POINTLESS SHIT but hey, you get a guaranteed job after you get out.

a place to learn skills travel sometimes eat bad food and often get great taxpayer paid for food clothing,,get hurt kill enemies maybe get killed yourself

pros
>if you stick it out, you can retire with a pension after 20 years
>travel

cons
>getting yelled at
>shitty food
>shitty pay
>war
>all COs lie

Lmao the infantry rakes up all the leaves on post. What's cool about that.

You get to shoot sand niggers

Even in a technical job you still rake leaves more lawns, and waste time on trivial tasks.

>Cons
Dying in the Middle East
Being severely injured in the Middle East
Having a mental breakdown in the Middle East
>Pros
Brotherhood
Benefits
Connections