Site or site(s) better than Sup Forums

hey guys, I really don't think I need to give much explanation here but Sup Forums is garbage for anything but memes

what are some good sites that actually discover new music and have meaningful discussion?

any discord channels out there?

don't send me to /reddit/ please... Sup Forums is still bea but it's meme-city, I love laughing but I want to discover and increase my musical knowledge, which Sup Forums is fucking stunting

thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

supforums.com/thread/71346508/music/site-or-sites-better-than-sup-forums.html
kanyetothe.com/forum/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

who is this

Asuka a shit

>what are some good sites that actually discover new music and have meaningful discussion?

None. People are either retarded or pretentious when it comes to music. You get the best of both worlds here.

r/music

Meaningful discussion about what specifically?

Not only Bandcamp but how to use it. Do you know?

Albumoftheyear.org monthly release lists. Thats who I'll be going to at 11pm cst tonight and then listen on spotify

Those are the two big ones for new releaes unless you want to be a spoonfed genre whore.

I agree and also want to know

here you go

I don't know about any. I have ocassionally stumbled with some forums, but they were inactive af, or dead.

I just browse the chart threads and the ocasional thread with a serious question. Then I try to start legitimate conversations.

>Good for memes
Sup Forums forces their memes too much
>Albumoftheyear.org monthly release lists.
Yes but it's mostly a compilation service, that agregates the ratings from many music pulications like p4k, Allmusic, DIS, NME, etc. So it's good for knowing what is trending, but won't give much in the department of depth.

No that's not what it is at all. That's a function but that's not it's purpose. As I recall, literally anyone can submit an album to the release list. Thenlurpise is to have the most comprehensive release list ever. There are two types that come close but fail. RYM usually has excellent comprehensive release lists if not the best but they erase after a month as I recall. If you fall behind you're fucked. Maube Ill get more diligent in the future and mive towarss that. Then theres allmusic.com but the actual new reasea are literallybdroqned in a sea of reissues and even simple repressings. I just go to the release day of aoty.org and literally go down the list in order.

Alright.

You're dumb as fuck.

Goodbye

If people on here knew of a better site for music than Sup Forums, why would they still be here?

This is fucking ridiculous. You suggest that I can't take criticism as I sit here for HOURS fending off a bunch of raging retard aspies. What fucking mental institution did you whores escape from? I feel like I'm in some alternate universe where sane thought has been replaced by mental retardation. You guys think that I'm so bad because I judge people's music taste yet you're doing THE SAME THING. You are fucking hypocrites of the highest god damn caliber. Next time you go to a record store I hope you freak out like the autists you are make a giant fucking mess of a situation where everybody around you laughs. It must be hard not having any fulfillment in life beyond winning internet arguments with strangers, mustn't it? Learn some basic human fucking respect you shitlicking neanderthal scum. It's not hard to talk without using memes all the fucking time. You argue solely with greentext and stupid reaction images, it's like FOR FUCKS SAKES just talk like a person. None of you EVER explained how jazz is in any way, shape, or form even moderately engaging on the most basic fucking level. You are are all toilet humping trannies who probably post pictures of yourselves in rainbow thigh-highs for attention because you have no way of getting it in real life. Stop replying and go jerk off to captain beefhearts autistic fish head orgy you stupid fucking queers. I hope you all fall into fucking manholes and break your skulls open, god you are fucking retarded.

No, you're the only dumbass here. But okay bye, you stupid mouthbreather fuckface piece of hot steamy horseshit.

Don't ever reply to me again. Just kill yourself, moron.

What in the literal fuck are you talking about. I hope youre just talking about some horrible typos from phone posting autocorrect nonsense. More than half of aoty.org doesn't even have a single review. Literally what is your problem? Seriously you sound like the one with the problem not us or anywhere else.

what the fuck is your problem dude?

Pandora, bitch.

Albumoftheyear is way better

Musikchan

my gf

I've been wondering this myself.

Sup Forums has been in quite the lull the last couple of years

there must be a japanese board with 4000 times better taste than Sup Forums because you know japanese people are better in everything

learn some kanji and you will be done

Kys weaboo

Why would anyone tell a random mu baby about the good sites they have found?

*5 years

musikchan is best just slow

r/mu4ch is also grate

he's not wrong - people in japan tend to be more into crazy music across the board

bump

I just want old Sup Forums back.

the real cringe is that this is supposed to be ironic but Sup Forums is actually for retarded

is right, you need to foster the atmosphere for proper discussion in a thread or else it won't appear. Too often it will devolve into taste signalling or vitriolic shitposting. The best conversations I've had were those I struck up on slsk

btw there is something that could be done to fix this board a little:

>end grimes/lavren/waifufags threads
>stop responding to threads concerning fantano
>teaching newfags to not taking Sup Forumscore unironically or as something serious
>making more generals about different genres

third one is kinda obvious but it will be convenient to put in the sticky, i catched some baits too

>making more generals about different genres
fucking this, of every country if it's possible

supforums.com/thread/71346508/music/site-or-sites-better-than-sup-forums.html
Found this site mirroring threads and posts from Sup Forums not an archive.

a man

I didn't know that.
This is not me

gottim XD

so what are you into big boy

these are also good ideas, the janitors should delete waifufag threads but I fear they'll pollute other threads so maybe a containment one like kpop

This is fucking ridiculous. You suggest that I can't take criticism as I sit here for HOURS fending off a bunch of raging retard aspies. What fucking mental institution did you whores escape from? I feel like I'm in some alternate universe where sane thought has been replaced by mental retardation. You guys think that I'm so bad because I judge people's music taste yet you're doing THE SAME THING. You are fucking hypocrites of the highest god damn caliber. Next time you go to a record store I hope you freak out like the autists you are make a giant fucking mess of a situation where everybody around you laughs. It must be hard not having any fulfillment in life beyond winning internet arguments with strangers, mustn't it? Learn some basic human fucking respect you shitlicking neanderthal scum. It's not hard to talk without using memes all the fucking time. You argue solely with greentext and stupid reaction images, it's like FOR FUCKS SAKES just talk like a person. None of you EVER explained how jazz is in any way, shape, or form even moderately engaging on the most basic fucking level. You are are all toilet humping trannies who probably post pictures of yourselves in rainbow thigh-highs for attention because you have no way of getting it in real life. Stop replying and go jerk off to captain beefhearts autistic fish head orgy you stupid fucking queers. I hope you all fall into fucking manholes and break your skulls open, god you are fucking retarded.

Stick to sharethreads, /daily/ and /blindfold/

The rest is circlejerking the same 50 albums

just talk to users that are +35 on rym

those are even worse

i dont which is a worse hell, boring obscurist poseurs or plebs

Make this guy mod.

come to /bleep/ so we can tell you to fuck off

>boring obscurist poseurs
Thats /daily/. There are 2 other options there
>inb4 jazz is le shit

lol ur gay af

You know you can set filters right?

Really?

>It's the perfect place to go and complain about Sup Forums
:^)

Discussing music with people you don't know personally is a waste of time if you're expecting any "meaningful discussion". At least on Sup Forums most people have sort of unknowingly accepted and embraced that fact.

Get some irl friends to talk about music seriously with or you're shit out of luck.

you're dumb as fuck

>irl friends
what a dumb fuck

autistic samefag

you don't need friends to have deep conversations about music, chances are likely your friends don't give a fuck because not many are actually "into" music beyond listening and what's on the top 10

basically you're living in a fantasy world talking about shit that does not, and probably will not, ever exist for you

your best bet at a better understanding and appreciation for artist is online venues

fuck you're retarded, kys

Lmao did you ignore the whole argument I made just to prove ur not a samefag?...

kanyetothe.com/forum/

the best one