Tow you're part of the 0.001% fastest typists in the world

>tow you're part of the 0.001% fastest typists in the world

what's Sup Forums's WPM ?
typing-speed-test.aoeu.eu

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/BEkr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This was hard, I had t use both hands and look a the screen all the time, ho can people do that?

It's not great

Yeah, I'm gonna have to call BS on this post. Not unless you happen to be Barbara Blackburn. I'd put my money on a voice-to-text or other auto-typing application.

I got 78wpm. Not spectacular, but I get by pretty well.

It's okay, Satan. As long as you did your best, that's what's important

>162 WPM

feww lad

Op here I'll post more aceeenshots if you don't believe me
The only reason I type this fast is because I'm an autist who spent his childhood and teens on a computer

>FEWW

record a video of your hands typing

This used to be me. Then I didn't use a keyboard for anything other than video games for half a decade. Now I'm a 420cpm pleb feelsbadman

I'll post it in 15-20mins when I get home

All about them home keys.
>wasd

Instead of "noun", you typed "npooun".
Instead of "strong", you typed "stronbgh".
Instead of "top", you typed "topp".
Instead of "body", you typed "bodsy".
Instead of "boy", you typed "nbowo".
Instead of "gave", you typed "fga".
Instead of "life", you typed "liof".
Instead of "only", you typed "po".
Instead of "mean", you typed "ùean".
Instead of "perhaps", you typed "pergarps".
Instead of "oh", you typed "og".
Instead of "open", you typed "opent".
Instead of "hard", you typed "gard".
Instead of "appear", you typed "a^^era".
Instead of "cause", you typed "caise".
Instead of "among", you typed "aùp,g".

vid.me/BEkr

here you go : this run was 158wpm cause I fucked up multiple times and could not be bothered to take another vid

also i'm using a shitty macbook pro keyboard, I ordered a mechanical keyboard for cyber monday and I expect my wpm to be around 170-175 with a proper keyboard

if you have any questions feel free to ask

see
where's the money you were willing to bet ? I could use some beer money

Mechanical keyboards are actually hard to type on if you're coming off of a chiclet style keyboard. Expect to be worse for a while until you get used to it, and even then, most of these keyboards are meant for gaming, and have a large "gap" between they key and the actual depress to register the button. A lot of mechanical keyboards come with stoppers to adjust this. They're not really meant for lots of typing.

I'm sorry, but "I ORDERED A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD" makes you sound like a tool.

unless you can post a 150WPM+ race you can fuck off with your meme "gaming keyboard" buzzword

Have you even used a mechanical keyboard before? Do you know what the different styles of keys are?

Do you realize that switching to a different layout (other than QWERTY) will allow much faster typing speeds?

Do you realize that court cartographers register at 225 WPM+ and your 150WPM really pales in comparison?

Stop pretending to be smart on the Internet. If you have to wait until Cyber Monday to get a keyboard, my guess is that you haven't left your parents house. Nothing could be more pathetic.

Stay fresh, kid.

just because you have no idea what you're talking about I'll educate you

Mechanical keyboards have a different actuation point which means that youou don't have to press the key all the way down for it to register thus making it a good deal quicker.

>Have you even used a mechanical keyboard before? Do you know what the different styles of keys are?

see >Do you realize that switching to a different layout (other than QWERTY) will allow much faster typing speeds?

theres only 1 layout that is proven to allow much faster typing speed and it's DVORAK, which takes a great ammount of time to learn from scartch. once agani you've proven that you have no idea what you're talking about.

>Do you realize that court cartographers register at 225 WPM+ and your 150WPM really pales in comparison?

fucking top kek 225wpm+
>The fastest typing speed on an alphanumeric keyboard, 216 words in one minute, was achieved by Stella Pajunas in 1946
>As of 2005, writer Barbara Blackburn was the fastest alphanumerical English language typist in the world, according to The Guinness Book of World Records. Using the Dvorak Simplified Keyboard, she maintained 150 wpm for 50 minutes, and 170 wpm for shorter periods. Her top speed was 212 wpm

now get the fuck out of this thread before you embarass yourself even more, kid.

Not the ones specifically related to gaming. They literally come with stoppers to adjust the "actuation point". There's also a lot of customization, as well as several different types of styles of keys. (Cherry MX switches)

Also, as I mentioned, if you've never used one before, you're going to have a difficult time adjusting. The keys are much taller.

>alphanumeric

>here are three national court reporting associations in the United States, The National Court Reporters Association (NCRA), and the National Verbatim Reporters Association (NVRA) and the American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers (AAERT). The minimum speed needed to become certified by the NCRA is 225 words per minute.

>The Canadian Court Reporter John M. Weir (CVR) could do 350 words per minute during legal hearings.

I hope that $100 didn't set you back on Cyber Monday. Might have to do some more chores for your mom. :^)

You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with mom basements. Did your mother neglect you as a child ? that could explain things.

You're welcome for the free 15 minutes of education, you will go to sleep a little bit less dumb tonight.

Are you mad because despite the fact that you spend your days shitposting on a mongolian basket weaving forum your WPM is still garbage ?

>thread about your typing speed on a computer
>posts stats achieved on a stenograph/stenotype

you're a special kind of retard, aren't you ?

I'm not even a native English speaker and couldn't give a fuck about WPM. I'm currently in Asia.

:)

he never mentioned the word basement...

do you actually live in your parents basement? LOL

>713472161
English is not my native language neither, in fact it should be an argument in favor of having a higher wpm since english is literally the easiest language to type on a computer (no accents at all) , so if you learn to type a more dififcult langage with accents, switching to english should be no issue

>my guess is that you haven't left your parents house.

I assumed he meant that because it's a popular ad hominem here on Sup Forums , the fat greasy basement dweller stereotype.