What are some other good modern jazz albums?

What are some other good modern jazz albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

thedrift.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>good
>modern
>jazz
>albums

Not that one.

putting meme arrows in front of every word does not make you appear smart.

plebs get out

Can you name some better ones than?

Things I liked from 2016:

Ben Wendel - What We Bring
Henri Texier - Sky Dancers
Idris Ackamoor & The Pyramids - We Be All Afrikans
Shabaka And The Ancestors - Wisdom of Elders
Jack DeJohnette - In Movement
Michael Formanek - The Distance

I could. But I don't like encouraging threads dedicated to spoonfeeding. We have /chart/ threads and the like for stuff like that. Or you could even ask /jazz/.

>/jazz/
what, where?

thedrift.bandcamp.com/

Everything except for Blue Hour, in which they strayed away from jazz.

There isn't a general up atm, but they do happen.

you added nothing to this thread. all you did was state your contrarian opinion with no reasoning behind it. when asked a specific question you completely disregarded it like a pompous douche. you're everything wrong with Sup Forums when it comes to actual discussion.

kys

dude, snarky puppy is legit. listen to their live performance of Lingus on youtube.

Other than that i don't really like much modern jazz. gotta just stick with the classic live performances of miles davis, dizzy, coltrane, monk, charlie P, brubeck, theres a bunch of high quality performance videos on youtube.

>you added nothing to this thread.
Mission accomplished.
>all you did was state your contrarian opinion with no reasoning behind it.
This isn't a controversial opinion within jazz circles and the failings of l'Epin have been discussed to death on Sup Forums previously.
>when asked a specific question you completely disregarded it like a pompous douche.
Mission accomplished.
>you're everything wrong with Sup Forums when it comes to actual discussion.
Should I post a pepe meme too? Nah though, op is a lazy fag and this isn't a discussion thread. It's a /spoonfeed/ as I previously stated.
>kys
You first.

honestly haven't seen one since I came back here. That was a month ago now.

He's right though.

caring that much about people on Sup Forums being spoonfed is a noble battle you will not win

Just fucking go on RYM, custom charts, pick jazz as the only genre, set the thing to albums from 2010s only, tick the "live" on, and there. Asking like this is fucking pointless when there are so many resources you can use. Not learning to be resourceful isn't just bad for wasting time/space on this board, but in life in general (particularly at work.)

>good
>jazz
This is fucking ridiculous. You suggest that I can't take criticism as I sit here for HOURS fending off a bunch of raging retard aspies. What fucking mental institution did you whores escape from I feel like I'm in some alternate universe where sane thought has been replaced by mental retardation. You guys think that I'm so bad because I judge people's music taste yet you're doing THE SAME THING. You are fucking hypocrites of the highest god damn caliber. Next time you go to a record store I hope you freak out like the autists you are make a giant fucking mess of a situation where everybody around you laughs. It must be hard not having any fulfillment in life beyond winning internet arguments with strangers, mustn't it Learn some basic human fucking respect you shitlicking neanderthal scum. It's not hard to talk without using memes all the fucking time. You argue solely with greentext and stupid reaction images, it's like FOR FUCKS SAKES just talk like a person. None of you EVER explained how jazz is in any way, shape, or form even moderately engaging on the most basic fucking level. You are are all toilet humping trannies who probably post pictures of yourselves in rainbow thigh-highs for attention because you have no way of getting it in real life. Stop replying and go jerk off to captain beefhearts autistic fish head orgy you stupid fucking queers. I hope you all fall into fucking manholes and break your skulls open, god you are fucking retarded.

this pasta is already stale. It's not going to become funnier the more you post it.

I enjoy the process of shitposting about it though and maybe some people will get self conscious and learn how to find resources for learning about new music themselves.

probably the best out of 2017 so far