What should I expect in computer science college?

What should I expect in computer science college?

math

a lot of dudes

/thread

a whole lot of dudes

Python
Python
Python
Python
Python

A whole lot of dudes and math.

this
it's more dudes than math though

i fucking hated cs gcse... python all the fucking time for the same shitty programs

Not to get girls.

doing cs gcse now (inb4 banned)
literally shit. i know more than my teacher top kek

What languages should I self teach while I'm not in school so that shit'll be easy when the time comes.

Loads of math

To have an easy ass time

To be disappointed, brutally unprepared for the workforce and swimming in debt

Javascript
HTML
pretty much it

Should I just do IT

Sounds like you went to a shit school.

c/c++ if they aren't teaching you that already
make sure you understand what the compiler is doing
if you understand that, you have a much deeper understanding about how higher level languages function

i hope this guy is trolling

i've been a gainfully employed software engineer for about a decade now, and i hate my life
you're not missing much

Yeah that answer seemed pretty stupid even to a noob like me. Thanks though, I'll start learning c++.

html lolololol you shitting
python
c/c#
java/script
sql
non sql databses
physics
math
math
math

It's nothing but shit schoose around here. I was top of my class with a 4.0GPA but that didn't mean shit to people. I couldn't get a job for six months. Now I work for the government rebuilding servers

Shit I'm not too good at math wat do ?

Also what type

this

I'm gonna tell you a little story
>CS major for a year
>switched to IT
> best descion of my life

Unless you have a passion it's not worth it. Trust me

"i'm not good at math"
Then learn it. Math's not fucking hard once you actually know the formulae and how everything works.

*maths

This.

Depends on the country/school

I got Java, C#, javascript, html, css, mysql, sql server, oracle db
Also some frameworks/supersets based on above things (asp.net mvc, java EE, javafx, angular, Sass, ..)

Of course some other stuff as well like maths, languages, ... but that doesn't matter much

>Nothing but shit here
>Guess I'll stay here

Why do you think this is an acceptable decision?

java and bad advice from hacks who never even TRIED to participate in the industry

no 1 is just lern what you get

>Learn math
>It's not hard once you actually know how everything works

Jesus Christ, kill yourselves.

To never get laid

Not getting a job because H1B visas and outsourcing to India and Mexico.

You first, Ahmed.

some random Sup Forumstard apparently knows how everything works
expect breakthroughs in all mathematical fields as soon as this guy gets off Sup Forums and starts publishing papers

that depends on what discipline you're interested in. I couldn't hang with all of the hard core algorithms with security for example, so i went into UI design and got my inner faggot artist going, ended up working out. I make more than my buddy who went into security... though i'm sure he'll surpass me at some point

your school was expencive or not ?

truth
i'm a cs wizard
i make good money, but i'd probably be much happier if i did some bullshit liberal arts degree instead

schools aren't expensive at all in Belgium
I paid 100 euros a year for tuition and had almost no books to buy. Only had to buy a laptop

to learn

To learn how to be a scientist on a computer

Computer science or IT

neckbeards

ok then your school was rly good

A sausage fest

yeah it was gud, graduated as best web developer
got a good job now, life is well

Pxl?

HoGent

As someone who has to work with the Computer Science kids, I can tell you they are the most socially broken individuals piled into one course. Its like working with a bunch smart retards.

Can confirm, and usually the ones who aren't anti-social will fail

Vgfh

I was going to say that if you're good at math then do computer engineering instead. All the same stuff plus most of an EE degree instead and you're way more marketable. Though that's just what I heard, I switched to ME a year in and never looked back.

Also, if yuo're not good a math are you good at programming? I haven't met a whole lot of people that aren't good at math if they're good at coding, but I have noticed that, just like math, if someone "doesn't get programming" then they're always going to beating their heads against a wall. Same with not getting math, but moreso.

>most socially broken individuals
teacher browsing b

I'm not good at math and I'm one of the best (front end) coders at work. I do regret not learning Regex very well though