Dog owners of Sup Forums

Dog owners of Sup Forums
Im looking to get my first dog. Ultimately Id like a husky, but doesnt matter overall. Is there anything I should take in mind, any race, any tips, pros and cons, Anything will be appreciated.
picsomewhatrelated

The more primitive the breed, the healthier it usually is.
Some breeds require a lot of exercise, so make sure that you can take care of the dog properly.
Some breeds are meant for hunting and can be quite aggressive.

Also avoid every breed that was developed as a fighting dog. They're a tragedy waiting to happen.

Noted

Dont get a huskey for your first dog
>Hard to train
>incredible amount of exercise needed
>large dogs so harder to transport

Get a pound dog for way less than a pure bred

So something like a lab is easier as a first dog?

I've had huskies all my life , Easy dog to own . I have no idea why people say they are hard to train . They can try and outsmart you but just don't be an autistic fuck and get outsmarted by a dog or you're a degenerate . Also you need high fences with Huskies they're known to escape -- Climbing trees to get over fences etc they're a smart doge.

What did you do to train yours? And do you excerzise it regularly?

Overall I'd say some small spitz or similar is probably the easiest first dog. They can bark a lot though, so make sure that your neighbors don't get annoyed. And depending on where you live, the amount of fur can be critical. Fluffy dogs melt in hot climate and dogs with short fur freeze in cold winters.

get a great dane and wrestle the shit out of it

I have three Akitas.

Best dogs ever.

They're not for everyone though

They look cute as fuck, why arent they for everyome?

Yes way easier, i have know plenty of lab owners, and they are good bc they can tolerate being alone for a good bit, so good if you work a lot too

Had a husky for 15 years. Had to pick her up and lay her down to sleep bc her back legs were weak and she couldn't really lie down without shaking. Man I have more I want to write but I can't now.

My german ghepard is about 12 and he's having a hard time standing up. Arthritis is a bitch. I wouldn't get any other dog breed though

You should get a Karelian Bear Dog :^)

Just give it food and walk.

Dogs will do the rest.

Her hair also used to get EVERYWHERE. you can never wear black ever again. Anyway, paired with my beagle the two of them used to terrorize all the jack rabbits at my local park. Beagle would sniff them out and my husky would run them down and rip them to shreds lol. Got punked by a kitten once too bc it was too young to be afraid and called their bluff

Man it was just so hard to watch bc she was fucking courage dog. She ended up passing away in my room of old age right before I moved out. No way was I gonna move out before she passed

yeah big dogs have issues with that dont they

:( poor doggo, have you gotten a new dog?

It's hard to watch as it progresses.

Huskies are great but they're like cats. I had one, his grandmother was a wolf. He was a great dog and made it to about 13 y/o before the arthritis was too much. They're independent and smart. They're not retrievers, don't expect them to play fetch. They don't like water or getting wet. They have energy and need to be run. When young they love to wrestle and play chase. Hook em to a sled and instinct kicks in. You can house break and teach basic tricks fairly easily bit they'll always have a mind of their own and can be very stubborn. If you don't have a big yard dont get one, locking a husky in an apartment would be like abuse.

Huskies are nice, I like them. They can be loyal if they like you and respect you.
they can also be stubborn and ignore everything you tell them.
Sometimes they are destructive to your home and furniture when you arent around, sometimes they arent.

Maybe not the best choice for a furst time dog owner.

Yeah. My beagle passed away a few years ago too. About 3 years apart. I have this huge guy now who's prob just as cool as my other 3 I've had but I still think about my husky everyday man. Damn like, I read somewhere that dogs live 10 to 15 years bc think of how heartbreaking it would be if they lived 50 years along side with you and then they passed

This, I love the energy but afraid of them living in a small apartment as Im still studying

Yeah...we had to have our husky put down. He could barely stand up any more and started slipping and falling when he'd chime in the house and get on the tile floor. There were days he wouldn't even get up to shit or eat. It was pretty sad.

Thats something I dont look forward to for sure

I dont know if I really agree with all of that.
Any dog can be hard to train, huskies are stubborn and willful sometimes but very trainable.

they dont need exercise, they love to lay around all day sleeping.
Yes, they are capable of incredible amount of exercise, but it's not a requirement.

Never had problems transporting large dogs. they can jump into your car all on their own, even though the window, you dont have to pick them up and put them in. when not riding in a car they can keep up with you while you are walking and again, you dont have to carry them.

Don't get a purebred anything, waste of money and more prone to health issues. Also adopt.

Akita can be mean and aggressive.

I have a dachshund now. I've heard some are mean but mine is super friendly. They'd make a good apartment dog. They can be hard to house break though.

I've been there with my last husky. I miss her.

I have 2 german doge now.

hows the german different from the husky?

>They don't like water or getting wet.
That's up to the indivual dog, just like any breed. I've had plenty that absolutely loved water and swimming and running through puddles in the rain splashing.

>They have energy and need to be run.
No, they dont need to run, that's actually more of a trained thing. people expect huskies to need to run so they unknowingly train them to run.

>If you don't have a big yard dont get one, locking a husky in an apartment would be like abuse.
A husky can be quite happy in an apartment. just like any doge, they just need proper care and attention.

MFW I have that entire set.

To stop the dog from pissing in house at night, take away his drinking bin few hours before the dog goes to sleep, after a while it will understand when it has to go drink. Also to learn it shit in the right spot in the garden or while walking, just take the dog on a leech and wait untill it shits, then give a coockie or something it likes to eat. Love the animal, for you are the only thing worth living for in it's world.

WOLF or gtfo

dogs are sub-lupus canine scum

germans are more protective. more prone to separation anxiety.

both of my germans wont leave my side when walking somewhere even off leash.

the huskies are more independent, they like having their own space. they can be taught to walk off leash and come to you on command, but only if they like and respect you enough to listen to you.

Don't get a dog, it's not worth it.
They're great, but when they pass you will be left crushed and dead.
I will never get another dog and I suggest you never endeavor upon one in the first place.

Also give it a command when you see it going to the bathroom.

I've trained quite a few of my dogs to pee and poop on command.

something Id like would be that I wouldnt need a leash everytime we're out side

Never had a German but friends did. I've had huskies. The main thing I've noticed is that Germans are more obedient and seek approval. They seem more clingy. They're smart but those habits make them seem kinda dumb. Huskies are more independent and don't need your attention so much, they're not as eager to please you.

Dude that was my first dog. One wiener one husky and one beagle. The dachshund was the most bad ass of all 3. He didn't know he was a small dog. They have a big dog mentality and I think genetically are more ferocious than almost all dogs

Off leash training is very dog-by-dog basis. Some run, others listen it's all about the training.
I've had a border collie who runs and one who stays, a pit who runs and one who stays

WHATEVER YOU DO, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS: DO NOT LET YOUR DOG LIVE IN A CLOSE PLACE, GO WALK WITH HIM EVERY DAY, PLEASE EXERCISE

My nigger dog wont walk besides me when I walk him, always pulling on me no matter how much I tell him to heel over and over (have to use leash or he runs off and tries to kill little kids)

Rescue is the best breed. Also an adult dog if you're a first time owner.

whats the best way to train them to stay, ofcourse given command they can roam free?

Bro. Don't get a dog if your housing situation isn't secure. Most fucked up thing in the world is moving a dog from house to house with you or even worse trying to find a complex that rents to dog owners. The dog has you on a leash as much as you have them. Can't be so quick to skip town with your buddies bc "I can't, I have a dog" or youre out and about while your dog is at home locked up hoping you'll come home

Unless you're just a shitty and selfish person.

Teach them to heal and good walk discipline first, then go somewhere you have room and practice off leash. Reward them with praise and treats for coming back when you call them. Get another dog or some local pack environments to help train the dog for situations where other dogs and people approach. Learn to read your dog and see potential risks ahead of time (Groups of people/children/other dogs/ etc...) and call them back before they come into contact.
It just takes time.

Mine wanted to run. When he wanted to play he would nudge then drop his head and front paws in a play fighting stance. He would keep doing so until you started playing, which usually meant chasing him around. Granted, this is true for a lot of larger breed working breeds. Especially when they're younger they have energy that needs to be burnt off, such usually means running.

Realistically, busy younger single people living in apartments aren't going to provide a great environment for a larger, energetic breed. If you can commit to daily walks and don't mind a big dog banging around your place playing tug of war then you'd be okay, but most people aren't going to be able to handle that.

You just want to fuck it don't you?

This faggot is still all broken up over his middle school gf. He'll die a virgin.

Is it wrong to suck a dogs dicc

Irish wolfhound, huge, dangerous, easily bred, valuable...

It's a dog of war, yet loyal af.

Mix dogs and mutts are generally healthier. If you get a purebreed dog make sure to look up the health problems of that breed to prepare. Go to the pound and see what they have, just be careful, some dogs have been abused and it can make them hard to raise/live with.

Mine is pretty submissive but he'll play with big dogs just fine. He gets under them and goes for the neck. They wrestle around then he rolls over to expose his belly to give in. Then he's back up and under them again for more.

Huskies are mostly too small for that unless you have a really small cock.

I got a mongrel. Rotty, boxer, american bulldog and possibly staffy.
Pretty cool. However has a will of her own, will steal and such but even with heavy training no luck fixing that. Other than that very loyal and friendly.

C'mon bro, this is Sup Forums.

>implying I was popular enough to have a girlfriend in middle school
I will die a virgin, but I am not heartbroken over anything but my dog that died this summer.

so... you think I should lie to you?

I'm a Realtor and have helped folks with dogs to get apartments. It can be very difficult, especially if it's a large dog. I had one dumb cunt with 4 pits, I didn't even bother trying to help her, it would be near impossible and not worth my time for the pathetic commission.

he is saying that everyone on Sup Forums has small penises

Oh, got it.
I dont though. sucks too because I cant fuck most of the huskies I've had.

How was the sex?

She was spayed, you can't have sex with the fixed ones.
You have your mares though, you can always play with them.

Indeed I do.
And my German doge

Just adopted this doggo sunday. How did I do?

Badly

since the thread derailed, you'd be better off asking /an/ for /adv/ice on everything about dogs except fucking

>WHATEVER YOU DO, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THIS: DO NOT LET YOUR DOG LIVE IN A CLOSE PLACE, GO WALK WITH HIM EVERY DAY, PLEASE EXERCISE

It makes everyone's life easier.

Sup Forums moves faster though if he wants some immediate feedback.
post doge

huskies golden or labs, these are some fucking loyal dogs and smart if you are too

Not for me but if you're happy WTF difference does my opinion make?

Enjoy your pup user.

>No eyes
6/10

I dont know if you are still here OP but if you live in a city dont get a husky unless you have access to the countryside with a car.

We had two growing up and while walking them was fun its not real exercise for them. We eventually had to take them into the country and drive alongside them for anywhere from 5 to 10 miles for them to get tired.

Walking is fine but 5 to 10 miles is too much and takes too long. I wouldnt bike because their pull will crash you.

>their pull will crash you
My father used to inline skate with my old dog on a leash when I was younger.

I guess you could say it was dangerous, but he never really got hurt doing it.

Not OP. First time posting in this thread.

I have a philosophy of practically not caring for animals. In the sense of, I essentially don't want to raise it. All that jazz. Etc etc. You probably know where I'm going with this.

However. My best friend got a dog that I got really attached to. White Husky (I believe) with a grey outline on its coat. Don't know the specifics.

I live in the city. I'm constantly at work. I drive everywhere all the time. But I want a damn dog now.

TL;DR I want a dog but don't know if I can handle it because of work/school/social life. Is there a way? I will go to a shelter of course.

True.
Also, OP, if youre still there, think abput getting an aussie shepherd. They're at least as cute as huskies, bit smaller, also quite active and (the ones I've met) cuddly, but not too dependant

They require a lot of time. They train okay, very hard to train off leash. I love mine tho

>Is there a way?
No. You can't take care of it, so the dog would only suffer. If there's one point in your life, when you can't be selfish, this is it.

GSD. I'm on my second. The first died of cancer at 13. It was 5 years before I could bring myself to get another. She's 4 now, and like the first is the most loyal,intelligent and loving companion you could hope for.

German Shepherd. You will be happy with your new friend.

Make sure he doesn't mind when you finger his butthole BEFORE you put any money down

I learned this the hard way

I didn't read past the first couple of posts, but incase it hasn't been mentioned, take you locality into account. I live in Florida and I see many idiots own huskies and keep em in the yard 90+ percent of the time.

That kinda thing is animal cruelity in my book

get a boxer doggo
>strong, athletic body
>ez 2 train
>have a sense of guarding

Don't get a husky if you aren't willing to take the time to spend time with, train, and socialize the dog.

I'm staring at mine right now and thinking of all the things I've done wrong. lol

I know, but it seems awfully stupid if I did ask in person. I was just wondering if someone figured out a way/breed/lifestyle to do both. I'm doing a lot of research myself but it's mostly looking southward for me.

Start with a plant.
Then if you haven't killed it in a year get some fish.
After another successful year get a cat.

>baby steps user.

You're a pussy cuck who cant get over the past.
OP get your fuckin dog and love the shit out of him /her till they die. And if they are in pain or they are suffering and is just waiting to die, put a fuckin bullet in their head. If you can't handle being anle to do that then you dont deserve to own a pooch

That being said, they're really fun dogs.

You should get your life settled down first and only then look at getting a dog. No matter what kind of dog you'll eventually get, they all need a lot of time from you. No point in owning an unhappy and unhealthy dog.

You can never let a husky off leash. They have no sence of direction and will bolt the second they can.

Huskies are shit dogs. I have 2. They chew up your stuff, you can't let them off leash because they don't give a fuck about you. They'll run forever. Plus you'll need an industrial sized vacuum cleaner for the coat blow season.

I actually am. I have 3 plants.
Websites have said to do this as well. Lol.
So far 2 of them are really healthy and the third is a little on the yellow side but it's living.
Cannabis plants. Lol.

It won't let me post the pic. File too big

Not true at all.
Mine have all behaved off leash ok, they just need training. but, every dog needs training.

Depends on where you live aswell

Then you're retarded. Every single husky has an instinct to run. Its literally what they were bred to do. They do not behave off leash and they will jump a fence if you're not watching.