How do celebrity cameos work in screenplays, especially when celebrities play themselves?

How do celebrity cameos work in screenplays, especially when celebrities play themselves?

I'm writing an independent movie about a young actress navigating Hollywood, it's a comedy, and I wrote a scene where Amy Adams plays herself and pretends to be as sweet and nice as she is really is in front of studio execs, but when she gets in a room alone with my character she starts threatening her and talking like a latino gangster. "Listen, up, holmes, I'm the lovable actress around her, got it? I don't give a fuck, I'll fuck you up, ese."

I just thought it was funny and weird./ to have a scene where a universally beloved actress like Amy Adams, someone everyone likes, starting talking like a violent cholo.

So if you wrote a celebrity cameo into your movie, would you use that person's name in the screenplay, or would you write in "loveable actress who will agree to shoot a scene for our movie."

Like, when Eminem was in the Interview, was his name in the screenplay? What if he didn't want to do the movie?

If Amy won't do it my producer will be able to get me anyone else who will agree to shoot for an hour for my dumb independent movie, like Jessica Chastain or Reese Witherspoon or whoever the fuck, but then should I not write Amy Adam's name in cast we can't get her and have to go with someone else?

Other urls found in this thread:

imsdb.com/scripts/Funny-People.html
pics.wikifeet.com/Amy-Adams-Feet-1572505.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill yourself, retard.

No seriously.

KILL. YOURSELF.

Anyone who what this guy is talking about or what he meant by this?

Kill yourself, retard.

No seriously.

KILL. YOURSELF.

>but when she gets in a room alone with my character she starts threatening her and talking like a latino gangster.

LOL that is super funny. I hope it works out for you so I can watch this!

Kill yourself, retard.

No seriously.

KILL. YOURSELF.

Just write in "Amy Adams Type" or something. Or just Amy Adams. The rules aren't super strict or anything, if you can't get Amy Adams then they just edit the script, and don't worry the producers will be doing plenty of that regardless.

Ok, so I'm looking up the screenplays to other movies with celebrities playing themselves. Looks like in the original version of The Interview the big interview wasn't Eminem, it was Teri Hatcher revealing she was a lesbian who wanted to fuck her own mother. I can see why Teri didn't want to do that, but I'm surprised they didn't sub in another actress and went with the Eminem thing.

Pic related.

what are some other movies with celebrities playing themselves?

Funny People
Knocked Up
This Is The End
Jack & Jill
Jersey Girl
Kiss Me Stupid
10 Items Or Less

Thanks, senpai. It's based on a real incident that happened to me when I was doing a panel with a legendary old Disney animator. He got in my face and told me he was the one who knew about the industry and I was just a kid and not to step on him.

I'll see what my producer says.

Just delete your screenplay now.

Ok, so it looks like James Taylor's cameo in Funny People was originally written for Bruce Springsteen and the Myspace scene was supposed to be an Apple scene:

imsdb.com/scripts/Funny-People.html

I think this scene in the script is funnier than what was in the movie.

I think our investors would frown on that, but I'll keep that in mind, fampai, we are on a tight schedule here.

This was painful to read. Physically painful.

10/10 troll, future copypasta for sure

how is her footgame?

Ok, so it looks like the part in Oceans Twelve where Julia Robert's character pretends to be Julia Roberts and meets with Bruce Willis was originally written for Topher Grace.

What a dumb fucking movie.

What is this guy talking about and does anyone know what he meant by this?

I've always wondered too. Like is it the same process for putting licensed music in a film script too?

Ok, so in the movie What Just Happened there's a scene where De Niro's character Art argues with Bruce Willis, who refuses to shave his beard off for a movie. Pic related, in the screenplay it just says ACTOR.

But what's funny is this movie is written and based on a hilarious nonfiction book written by producer Art Linson- De Niro is playing Linson, and the story is a true story of an argument Art had with Alec Baldwin while they were making the movie The Edge. Alec Baldwin refused to cut his beard off.

The book also has funny stories about Art's problems working with Robert De Niro, who was also going to be in The Edge. Then 10 years later De Niro plays Art in a movie and Alec refuses to play himself.

I met her once, she was wearing those high heels where you can see her toes, they were just normal feet. The shoes were kinda like this:

pics.wikifeet.com/Amy-Adams-Feet-1572505.jpg

For music I write the music into the screenplay if it's important to the scene and then my producers help me get it- sometimes he can't get a song or it's too expensive and we just switch to another song. I never write in a song I know we'll never afford, like a Beatles or Rolling Stones song.

Ok, so since Art is an old school movie producer and obviously knows the ins-and-outs of Hollywood I'm gonna write in "Amy Adams-type" in the description and type in ACTRESS during the scene for her dialogue- I'll see if my producer can get her for the scene, they worked together before, but if not I'll be able to replace her with someone else whose screen presence works with the joke.

Who else do you think could replace Amy Adams? I have:

Jessica Chastain
Reese Witherspoon (might not work because apparently she really is mean IRL)
Jennifer Lawrence (probably too busy, won't do it, also has backlash so the joke won't work)
Taylor Swift (might be too famous)

Who else is known for being very likable and nice?

Guys, what about Mila Kunis or Kristen Bell for the scene? What are their reputations among normies?

The problem is my joke is all about reputation and appearance, not reality- it doesn't matter if some famous actress is known for being really kind in real life if that isn't her reputation- the joke has nothing to do with real life.

Bump, I need help, niggas, who else could play a cameo meant for an Amy Adams type??

mmmm, eminently suckable toes.

you should include a scene where she forces a little boy to give her a footrub

Sir, I find it unlikely she would do that for scale.

I'm a retard. I just realized I think I rewrote the Wayne Brady sketch from Chapelle's Show.

Maybe it'll still work..

They know them already and ask them if they want to be in it.

The Player just featured people who were friends with Robert Altman. John Malkovich actually ending up in Being John Malkovich was basically a coincidence