What's your punk scene like?

Anyone here in touch with their local punk scene? What are the best local punk related bands in your neck of the woods?

Other urls found in this thread:

yautja.bandcamp.com/album/songs-of-descent
go-go-buffalo.bandcamp.com/album/taking-control
limitedfreedom.bandcamp.com/
downwithrent.bandcamp.com/
d-sagawa666.bandcamp.com/releases
laughingstockboston.bandcamp.com/
wayoutband.bandcamp.com/
hairsprayqueen.bandcamp.com/
gawking.bandcamp.com/track/toe-ring
drihiev.bandcamp.com/track/aux
hagface.bandcamp.com/track/baby-doomers
postmanband.bandcamp.com/track/wire
v-sect.bandcamp.com/album/ivy
youtube.com/watch?v=IP7etTosiy0
fffoxtails.bandcamp.com/album/iii
trafficdeath.bandcamp.com
thearmed.bandcamp.com
cultovhellmouth.bandcamp.com
sssdetroit.bandcamp.com
tharsisthey.bandcamp.com
problemofpainmi.bandcamp.com
sunlightsbane.bandcamp.com
deadhournoise.bandcamp.com
hordeslansing.bandcamp.com
steamroller.bandcamp.com
deadchurch.bandcamp.com
blindhaven.bandcamp.com
cavalcade.bandcamp.com
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lbf1sDx3so
youtube.com/watch?v=NAf1a0nUR4I
johnnyconqueroo.bandcamp.com/
soundcloud.com/gutter-drunk
bolabar.bandcamp.com/
baycreatures.bandcamp.com/album/pi-ce-de-r-sistance-error
mindcontrolmn.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Deathcore bands who think they're punk because they're PC

Where I am the metalcore kids at least have the courtesy to let us have the punk label in peace

My punk scene is deader than fuck and I usually travel for shows. Here is a band from my neck of the woods they played a show with my friends old band.They've made a name for themselves and are big now. Toured with Magrudergrind.

yautja.bandcamp.com/album/songs-of-descent

The punk scene is pretty bad around here. These guys are decent, but more metal than punk I think
go-go-buffalo.bandcamp.com/album/taking-control

Holy shit, this.

Okay so no one else is gonna get this but here in the Philippines Radioactive Sago Project is a really good Punkjazz band that covers the politics in the country. I think they're currently inactive though

WELCOME TO SAN DIEGO BITCH

I don't even know what the music scene in my area is like, let alone the punk scene, if there even is a punk scene. I don't know how to discover the local music scene as a complete loser. The fact that I live in a quiet, small town, instead of a city, doesn't help.

Or also, are there any good scenes around? Any cities in your area got life?

Like, I'm from CT, and our punk scene is technically still alive, but on a real low level. The best scenes in driving range are Providence RI and Boston/Cambridge MA.

These are some of our locals:
limitedfreedom.bandcamp.com/
downwithrent.bandcamp.com/

And then there's Boston
d-sagawa666.bandcamp.com/releases
laughingstockboston.bandcamp.com/

And Providence
wayoutband.bandcamp.com/
hairsprayqueen.bandcamp.com/

Asheville, NC

eww

Full of indie pop punk fanatics. Haven't really seen that much fans of heavier shit.

The Calgary punk scene is surprisingly not bad actually. At the very least, it's diverse. I don't go to a lot of shows, but I listen to a lot of it. Hopefully making it to a show this weekend literally at the local hot-dog place.

gawking.bandcamp.com/track/toe-ring
drihiev.bandcamp.com/track/aux
hagface.bandcamp.com/track/baby-doomers
postmanband.bandcamp.com/track/wire

Ayyy I've seen you around PVD

Way Out and Hairspray Queen fuckin slay

Dsag is sick as well. New England is poppin off right now.

v-sect.bandcamp.com/album/ivy

more great providence shit

I've listened to them before, they're more sludge metal but a pretty cool band nonetheless.

Oops this was meant for this

Menace, but they just called it quits.

Honestly my favorite hardcore band.

youtube.com/watch?v=IP7etTosiy0

Everyone who still cites metalcore/deathcore need to move out of their little suburban neighborhoods/or tiny rural towns.

It's kinda split. Half of the people are an appendage to the metal scene, and the other half of the people are an appendage to the indie scene.

Dallas here. Eh it's weird like literally weird. There has been a resurgence of Rudimentary Peni clones popping up

i bet these guys get tons of pussy look at all the girls

I always check to make sure my local DIY venues are up to fire safety regulations. Don't want anyone to get hurt!

>Tfw live in a non major city the middle of nowhere
>still have a thriving punk and hardcore scene

I live in Ballarat. There are a few decent-good bands going on here (Agent 37, The Shorts, The Second Sex)
But more importantly, Ballarat is near Melbourne, whose punk scene is FUCKING AWESOME right now. Clowns is ripping shit up all over the world, The Bennies are slowly taking Australia over and the Smith Street Band are liked everywhere you go. Meanwhile you got other punk and low-level rock bands like Cosmic Kahuna, the Flying So High-Os, Private Function, and especially Kill Dirty Youth.
Camp Cope also worth a mention but couldn't think of something specific to say about them.

Last thing, the Descendents just toured and a punk covers supergroup called Dad Religion opened a couple shows for them. They kicked ass, Stevie from Clowns is doing vocals, and the band is half Frenzal and half Bodyjar

Is there a bar, a pub, any kind of venue? Find out when a band or artist is performing. Go to the show. Talk to the artist. If you like them, see them again. It goes from there, trust me.

i'm from orange county so you guys can guess what my scene here is

I'm in Santa Ana and it's fucking shit.

Was apart of the Sav hardcore scene for a bit. It was a bunch of preaching about it being a family and accepting but if you didn't have the same opinion or weren't from there they would always vibe you. Everyone that I ever encountered at shows there were very egotistical and full of themselves. All the bands were just rip offs of foundation or code orange. Was in a few bands for fun when I was apart of it but it never took off and I had other things to worry about and everyone hated that. I just wasn't interested in fitting a mold in the genre and wanted to make something different. No one there wants to be different but constantly talk about how there scene isn't like everywhere else. Pro tip: it is.

Does anyone know any good local music in Albany?

Hardcore bands who dress like Nu-Metal musicians. Usually mosh by flailing like a 12 year old in the "pit"

dawg

fffoxtails.bandcamp.com/album/iii

There is no music scene in newport news that I know of. I really don't care either.

trafficdeath.bandcamp.com
These guys are pretty cool, vocalist is from Black Market Fetus and HS been involved around here forever. A "supergroup" of sorts consisting of punks from a bunch of bands in the area.

I'm from Long Beach, CA.

Our punk scene blows. Alotta indie rockers who think they're punks. All they fucking do is play bars. Long Beach is a shitty place to throw DIY shows, being that the "bar scene" is in full effect over here :(
Out of the 100-200 LB bands I've seen, maybe 3 stick out.

Fuck Long Beach

Burger-Records fuckery?

Providence was extremely active when I was younger, but I haven't kept up with the scene in recent years. All the Crusty kids seem to have either disappeared or moved back in with their parents.

Have to drive to Detroit for an actual "punk scene", which for the most part is dominated by terrible knuckle dragging straight edge and hardcore bands. There's a few really good local acts in Michigan worth checking out though.

thearmed.bandcamp.com
cultovhellmouth.bandcamp.com
sssdetroit.bandcamp.com
tharsisthey.bandcamp.com
problemofpainmi.bandcamp.com
sunlightsbane.bandcamp.com
deadhournoise.bandcamp.com
hordeslansing.bandcamp.com
steamroller.bandcamp.com
deadchurch.bandcamp.com
blindhaven.bandcamp.com
cavalcade.bandcamp.com

punk's dead you cunts, nowdays every faggot that thinks he's antifa and wants le anarchy thinks he's punk

Well, there are some local bars that have open mics and I've been to a few. I didn't go there to drink because I'm 18, but I went there to see people perform and perform myself a bit.

wew I bet you still dress like this.

In all seriousness yeah, what punk was in the 80's is dead as fuck, and thank god. That was kind of the whole point though, for this underground thing untied to the mainstream to evolve and progress in it's own lineage. As long as younger people are starting original bands and throwing shows in DIY spaces on a regular basis I don't think you can really say punk is dead.

Literal shit. Some generic pop punk bullshit is the only local thing getting traction.

Our "scene" is emo faggotry and pop punk garbage
Then of course there's the easy core bands.

The last great band from around here was La Dispute

La Dispute is fucking awful, get outta here

Compared to the rest, they're a god send.

I respect La Dispute a lot, not a huge fan but they know how to get emotion out of a lot of people. Good musicians too.

Holy shit someone talking about Dri hiev first time I log onto Sup Forums in a bit and wow!

My band is pretty involved in long island's music scene. It's not really punk at all. More post-hardcore/metalcore. It kind of sucks because no one likes to support each other's bands.

where do these guys play? i can't think of any venues except like as220, aurora, and dusk

so many prov bros in here. anyone wanna go to a show soon?

Nah, they know how to get emotion out of shallow rich white kids who don't have real problems and all their Michigan references in their lyrics are super cringeworthy. Fuck that band. Grand Rapids really is a dead zone for music though, I feel you.

It used to be fucking brutal , in a time when terrorist were bombing the streets , economic crisis , commies gathering on public uni.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Lbf1sDx3so

youtube.com/watch?v=NAf1a0nUR4I

My mom used to be part of the scene and holy fuck all the stories she tells .

Bunch of privileged middle class wannabe marxist/anarchists who go to one of the best colleges in the world and will probably become the very things they claim to be against i.e. politicians, bankers etc

dude, I know that feel. Every time someone performs at CSULB, I go to sit somewhere else because I just can't stand listening to wannabe 60's surf rock anymore

They're playing at tubby dog this Saturday!

Is Maxwell still in Dead Church? He did some cool things around here when he lived in Iowa.

>punk after 1979
>ever

I live in KY, and I wouldn't say anybody in this state is making punk. I think they have all moved on to other genres, like I assume a lot of other people have. I know that Fidlar played here a few months ago, but really there's just no incentive for making punk currently. One of the biggest bands in my town is a blusey/garage rock sounding band, and they fucking kill it live every time. I would consider them one of my favorites actually, and you could say their stage presence is punky, but I mean meh.
Also, shameless plug for that band >johnnyconqueroo.bandcamp.com/
I will say, this record is not so good as it was self-produced, and their aren't many good producers in my town anyways.

used to live just outside of louisville, hated it.
moved to norman OK for 3 years, the indie scene there was poppin. All kinds of college kids who thought they could make music plus OKC and the occasional tulsa band.
now i'm in fayetteville AR and i'm slowly uncovering the punk scene. a venue called backspace has brought in some good punk bands and theres actually a dreampop and folk based show tomorrow. also theres a dude who dicks around with ambient guitar and tape loops in a couple weeks that sounds real interesting

I'm not sure if they're active right now but I saw him playing with them as recent as last August I think. He also plays in LAW, a newer pv band called Pure Hiss, and he runs the best DIY space in Detroit. Max rules, he definitely puts a lot of work into the scene, I think it'd be pretty dull without his contribution desu.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

fucking solid

won't mention venues because Sup Forums is among us, but the crust/hc kids have a very active hangout

smart thinking

to sum up the thread providence > the rest

Shitty "post punk" but not really as the genre but as the teenage mindset that any music is "punk" as long as it sucks but is PC and that gravitates to some ball-less punk and band and crappy acoustic artists.

College kids are into emo and some screamo and 1 grind band.

Those kids got the real short end of the stick because we used to have a great fucking punk, hardcore, and grind scene until everyone in those bands moved away and stopped getting mass amounts of cool touring bands at a venue that was an old co-op turned into some apartments with a show space. The rent from the apartments kept the place open so all the door money went to the touring bands plus they got food, booze, weed and a place to sleep. That place shut down and the new happening punk venue now is a shithole set up by 2 new york anarchists who don't pay touring bands that come through and all the door money goes to paying the rent on the building and the bands that do come through are never exciting.

Punk rock is dead

imo i dont listen to em but these guys are pretty big in my area

soundcloud.com/gutter-drunk

>me
>a realy pale guy who almost never talks unless he's been drinking
>a guy that like 6ft 5in 200 lbs who does nothing but smoke pot and work
>bi girl with a mohawk that has a tendency to glare at people
>girl with a lip peircing that always looks high as shit and only owns like 3 shirts and 2 pairs of pants
>all of us stuck in the middle of bumblefuck PA surrounded by inbreds and old people

we get together like once a week in the pale guys parents basement to drink, smoke and just generally chill

The best band around here is this great band called Sonic Graffiti, but that's really it.

bump

>Anyone here in touch with their local punk scene?
I don't really know anyone but I like to go to the shows. People there seem pretty nice and the pits are fun.
>What are the best local punk related bands in your neck of the woods?
idk but there's one with a sexy ass vocalist who really whores it up onstage.

how do i find this hangout (not Sup Forums, genuinely curious). are there posters anywhere

wow user I totally believe you

whatever man, i'm being serious. i guess i'll just check out the local venues and see if there are posters up there, it's the only thing i can think of

yes, do that, I'm not dropping names and info to an user poster on Sup Forums. Go to shows and you'll find more shows.

where in PA? don't you ever try to play in philly?

That's sweet. Glad he's still doing shit, last I heard he had a distro my old roommate would buy from all the time.

bolabar.bandcamp.com/ TLV

punkest thing rn is being apolitical

baycreatures.bandcamp.com/album/pi-ce-de-r-sistance-error
>Baltimore punk scene
>house shows
>do what ever you want
>everyone makes noise now
>either poor kids or MICA trust punx

you guys live in your own bubble.

Haven't gone to punk shows in a long time but Vancouver has always had a pretty decent punk scene

Not exactly. Supporting Trump or Clinton is hilariously unpunk though.

Six Ft. Hick is the only band worth a fuck where I'm from, Central Queensland

>no true love

My city's scene took a huge hit when weekend nachos played their last show earlier this year but it's still pretty solid.

These guys are sick amazing drummer

mindcontrolmn.bandcamp.com/

duluth has some pretty cool bands, to bad I never go to see them.

there isn't one here

being punk is realizing that the archeons are trying to divide us and not playing their game