ITT: Movie theories that blew our minds

ITT: Movie theories that blew our minds.

Somerset was the real killer and John Doe was just a patsy.

Never would have thought of this

>Fight Club
>Marla was also a figment of the narrator's imagination

Actually plausable, she never interacts with anyone else in the film not even when they meet each other at the group sessions I think.

I like this thread, OP.

Patrick Bateman didn't hallucinate the murders. The fact that he got away with all of the killings is simply testament to the self-absorbed, narcissistic culture that 1980s materialism bred. Nobody cares about Patrick Bateman's killing sprees because they're all too self-absorbed to give a shit.
>b-but the lawyer scene!
Were you even paying attention to the movie? People mistake each other for other people all the damn time. That's another central theme of the film - everybody is the same. All of Bateman's friends wear uber-expensive Valentino suits, have great haircuts, go to exclusive restaurants, and eat lavish and obscure foods (mud soup? charcoal arugula?). They all even have the same damn position at Pierce & Pierce. They all fit the mold of "Wall Street yuppie." No room for individualism, so nobody really stands out and they all get their names confused. That's why Bateman's lawyer confuses him for somebody named Davis, and that is why Bateman's lawyer thinks that he ate with Paul Allen at London. He didn't actually eat with Paul Allen, he ate with another Wall Street yuppie who was as interchangeable with Paul Allen as Patrick Bateman was with Halberstram or Davis.
>b-but Paul Allen's apartment! no bodies!
Didn't you notice the paint cans? The realtor covered it all up so that she could still sell the apartment. If she reported the crimes, the apartment would go down in value. That's also why she wants Bateman to leave - she makes the connection that he was the serial killer and doesn't want him to fuck things up. It all ties back into the whole theme of everybody being a greedy, selfish bastard. She COULD report him to the police, but then she'd lose money on the apartment.

The only time someone ever acknowledges her is the guy she sells the stolen clothes to.

Yeah no fucking shit, thats literally the thing you're meant to take away retard

>a galaxy a far, far away is actually hell

That blew my mind with how fucking retarded it is.

Danny Archer (Blood Diamond) has HIV/AIDS

> John Doe has the upper hand.

What did he mean by this?

Beat me to it lad

they're demons, not aliens
this is not a theory but FACT

Why?

When I first watched the movie, that's how I thought about it. Then somebody told me all the murders were just fantasy in his head.

it was actually pitt's wife
the head belonged 2 her twin sister

Which movie is this? Life?

Whenever I need to make a point about how retarded people on Sup Forums can be, this "alternate theory" is my go-to example. It's actually kind of impressive in it's sheer stupidity.

probably because there's no reason to believe it

Are you saying he couldn't dream those murders up?

Signs, buddy.

That.....was the whole point of the fucking film.......jesus christ

You are not blowing anyones mind you are literally stating exactly what happened

Wasn't this confirmed?

There are still people who think that it was a dream, friendo :^)

What about the cash machine and the cat?

this is now a dubs thread

Then what about the ending where The Project Mayhem guys take her to the narrator?

In "The Master" the broad on the beach that the drunk bangs is actually made of sand.

They were good aliens actually. Peaceful.

the line between his fantasy and reality is muddled you dick nut

they're demons.
>holy water hurts them
>hooves
>baphomet signs on their bodies
>reports of similar things going on in the holyland on the radio
>whole point of the film is about a priest losing faith
Lets face it, M. Shayamalananananan made a very good film here

And the sand was rough and cooarse and it got everywhere. This is why he became a Sith Lord. It blows my mind that people don't get this.

ummm no?
I'm saying the first time I viewed that film I thought he actually committed the murders and that was the reason he hadn't been caught yet.

Are you fucking retarded? Are you actually trying to start a fight with me on Sup Forums you dumb nigger child?

What is your problem dude?

I will concede that that part was a hallucination, but only that part. That entire sequence was simply to show how distorted Bateman's perception of reality is. Remember, ____we are dealing with an unreliable narrator here.____ That is demonstrated more clearly in the novel, but the scene in the movie does still do a good job of showing it. I'm a fan of the author's interpretation, which is that all of the murders DID happen, but never quite exactly in the manner that Bateman describes.

Those are the only kind of films he makes

A reminder that the film was made by a feminist working off of the actually hedonist version of the book. Of course Harron is going to be a complete cunt about it, There are so many plot holes in that fucking movie because the whole time she's trying to say
>POWERFUL MEN ARE EVIL
in the least subtle way.

You'd have to be a complete moron to think that any point of that film is representative of anytime of human history. Take away the throwaway pop culture references and it's a failure of a movie.

Batfleck is the same Batman from Batman 89, Batman Returns and Batman Forever:
>Timeline just about matches up
>Batman uses lethal force in all movies
>We know Batfleck once had a Robin
>Robin costume in BvS is similar to Chris O'Donnel's
>Wayne Manor was destroyed in Forever
>Leto Joker could easily be Jack Napier's son

>mfw the writers laughed at the idea Marla was imagined

Snape is Harry's real father

is this you marcushalberstramm88

inb4
>le epic 007 codename theory

James was a chad dick to Snape all throughout high school. Snape got his own back by cucking him

I think Harry Potter is wank,
but those books/films whatever would have been so much better with actual character studies to go with twists like these.

Imagine if Nagini was actually a regular character like Lupin transmogged or some shit.

That's how it's spelled out in the book.

There's no journal scene in the book where Jean comes into his office and uncovers all of those drawings. Jean in the book is just as stupid and self-absorbed as everyone else.

Voldemort raped Potter's mother for the luls and then realized he'd have to pay child support and came back and tried to kill everyone but his genes were too strong and Harry is Voldemort's son.

Yes, yes, well done, Voldermort. Well done, Voldermort.
HOWEVER

Nagini being an animagus would be fucking gay

I think I read a theory about Harry being immortal because of the prophecy or whatever, it was decently explained afair and made the books a bit more, more

Black Swan is essentially about casting couches. The director doesn't once give a shit about the actual play. All the white swans in the film have yet to sleep with him. Portman can't go through with it because she's a lesbian, which is basically the sad, underlying story.

>Feminist

You do realize the only reason they got a woman to make it is because feminist would've lost their shit about it promoting violence against women. Harron's only directed three movies since, the execs just used her.

I always thought the ending was to show that he wasn't some super genius Alpha-Predator like he thought himself to be but just a yuppies who everyone was covering for because he was rich and they were greedy and he wasn't special or different. He was just another anonymous cog in the machine.

That too.

BEE said he has to commit at least some of the murders for the story to be plausible.

He hallucinated some of it, but he definitely did some murders. The author said as much.

what is unreliable narrator

This might be true, but not in the way you're thinking. Or I might be mistaking what you're thinking. I believe that the two movie series just use similar incarnations of Batman, one using his younger self and the other using him when he's older, but I don't think the movies are supposed to be connected. It was probably more practical to do it this way in Batman V. Superman because we've had so many back stories about his younger adventures that it would've been redundant to do it again.