Help Sup Forums I need medfags

help Sup Forums I need medfags
Me being the dumbass I am, I was playing with 220V of electricity. I ended up holding two wires by accented and plugging the other side into the outlet.
>pic related
I think the skin is melted and I cant feel anything on the melted parts. My hand is burning hot.
What do? will it heal, or do I need to do something to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/catilluminati/m-o-t-i-o-n-ft-vince-staples
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP is kill.

It's a burn obviously.

Seek actual medical attention?

Electrical burns are different from normal burns, thats why I'm not sure.

Keep it clean and cover it with somthing to stop anything getting inside the wound so it doesnt cause an infection, Go to a doctor if you can better to be safe than sorry

What you need to do is go see a doctor, not ask for advice on an image board.

The standard procedure for treating burns is as follows:
Run cold water over it for 15 minutes then wrap it in cling film and if it's larger than a 50 pence coin go to A and E.

Yours is larger than 50 pence coin so go to A and E.

this

disinfect and cover. also, doctor.

Regular burns get blisters I think so ur just gonna have a bad time recovering

have a trauma surgeon look at the wound. Impossible to assess how deep the damaged tissue goes. If your tendons got damaged, hf with dupuytren in the future.

drink a lot, watch your urine. if its getting red search for a clinic immediately.

healing takes forever.

godspeed u dumbass playing kiddo

Heat it up with a lighter OP, it'll come right off.

this, he sounds smart

Do you have a picture that isn't nigger quality?

I swear, Sup Forums I'd be here all day, diagnosing your retard injuries and dick sores.

Pretty much the correct answer in every picture I diagnose is: GO TO THE MOTHER FUCKING DOCTOR, YOU CUNTS. WEBMD CAN'T FIX YOUR SHIT.

Those are 3rd degree but she bro. I am a welder aND I get them every now and then. Usually I just nurse the shit out of them but since it's on your hand I would goto the doctor. You use your hand so much and it's the first point of contact to germs you have a very high risk of infection.

Thats a pretty beast burn man. As long as you can still move your hand just keeping the burn clean should suffice.

If you can't move your hand it's ER time

your wound is obviously infected with electricity, stop the bloodstream to your hand till you see a doctor

I got it all covered up now, my cars out for the day so im sort of stuck right now.
And I can still move it fine with no pain at all, just a slight burning.
And its nearly 4k you cunt.

why do people come to Sup Forums for medical advice?

How long do they normally take to heal for you if you mind answering.

BSN, RN here OP.

You need to go to a Dr. and get that cleaned up. Electricity burns are dangerous because they typically have to have an exit wound somewhere too. Looks like you got lucky and both the burns are close together. But it's really hard to say since you "can't feel" the area. You need get it cleaned up and start wet wrapping it so that they skin doesn't get infected. Don't leave it open to air by any means, even if it means just wrapping wet gauze around it. Make sure that it's wet because eventually the skin is going to start weeping and the gauze could fuse with your skin if you it gets wet and sticky from the body fluids.

tl;dr Nurse says go to the Doctor and get it scanned and cleaned up.

This, cling film is great for keeping germs out of the wound to prevent infection. Just wrap a bunch of it around being sure to completely cover the burn so that no air can get to it.

>Electrical burns are different from normal burns, thats why I'm not sure.

DING DING DING! CORRECT!

DING DING DING! CORRECT!

DING DING DING! CORRECT!

Faggot.

This is me.

Here is what you do, OP. Read very carefully and do exactly what I say.

Go to the doctor. Electrical burns are different than regular burns. An electrical burn that bad requires an ER visit.

soundcloud.com/catilluminati/m-o-t-i-o-n-ft-vince-staples

I've seen this before you will need to amputate the hand to save the arm.
Source: am neuro surgeon

The shock could have fucked with you heart beat you can die in your sleep

Don't listen to that tard about moving it that doesn't mean shit. Those white patches are gonna fall off soon leaving crater like sores and after a few days you will get this waxy like shit that covers them. It's gonna take months to fully heal. Since it is on you hand tho you are at huge risk from infection. If you have insurance goto the damn doctor.

Why did u put a kraft cheese to cover the wound?

So basically you have a third degree burn.

Melting of flesh, possibly tissue, nerve and bone.

You MAY regain feeling, but unless you go to a doctor you wouldn't know.

I'd say just learn from it and move on man, you won't die.

So you're saying it was nerve gas?

Water will make the white shot go away, you'll probably be fine, but you should still go see a doctor since I'm just some asshole on a Gregorian redwood tree farming website.

The lost feeling is just on the main burn, so im not that worried about it, but thanks anyways.
The white patches already started coming off while rinsing it, now its all covered up and cleaned. Thanks though.

Alright God speed user. I'm telling you now though, when it starts to heal the skin is gonna be tight around the crater and it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker. Keep it clean and make sure the bandage has ointment on it or it will fuse to your wound. Been there done that, would not recommend it.

It could be lupus

Needs to be properly cleaned.
You WILL antibiotic cream and possibly oral antibiotics if it gets infected.
Proper dressings and frequent changes will be needed.
Surgical debridement MAY be necessary.
Shit's going to take a long time to heal.
Burns will be deeper into tissue than what is visible.
Don't be surprised if you need a skin graft.
Shit is going to hurt/itch like crazy.
Nerve damage may take months to recover from if at all.

Thanks alot for the advice, I'll make sure to do that until I can get to a doctor.

The electricity can damage your heart rate and clog your blood vessels at the very worst. The burn is of course a huge problem but damage to heart, blood vessels and neural damage can take a long time to notice. See a doctor and tell them what happened. You can have fatal injuries beyond what is visible and what you feel. Blood thinners solve the problem of blood drying up in your veins and if you remember at all getting unconscious you could have developed neural damage that can cause issues later in life.
I'm an electrician, not a doctor.

You are lucky that you held both wires in one hand. The current only went through the hand tissue not through your body. Delayed cardiac complications are unlikely.

The tissue is severely burnt. This can cause major problems as soon as the necrosis of the destroyed tissue sets in. It can lead to scarring with restriction of the hand movement, ugly holes and nasty long lasting infections. Up to a sepsis.

If you are willing to risk any of that go ahead with the plaster.
If not. Seriously, go see a doctor.

need to clean it out so it doesnt get infected more and just wait for it to heal up

yes

Ivan, your hand good always as. Nothing of happened since was you sober. Hand hurts not, life is of does. Go, see the docrot, tell her what at happened of you of wires by you. Good luck!

This man is 100% correct, this is one of those things that is REALLY worth getting checked out, and not just for that sicknasty burn.

>clog your blood vessels at the very worst.

Deep electrical burns can cause capillary damage that will affect blood flow. Tissue that is healthy now, may soon start to die from lack of proper circulation, and cause deep tissue necrosis. This will kill healthy tissue around it (aka, gangrene). If this does happen, surgical debridement will be necessary, and possibly a drain tube will be necessary. The wound may also be intentionally left open so that it can drain properly on it's own.

If you are lucky, it's just skin burns, and the worst you will have is loss of flexibility as new skin regrows to replace burnt skin.

Once you are past the point of possible infection, and the wound is fully closed, moisturizers (stretch mark creams or coconut oil), and constant gentle stretching and physical therapy. Once things are done healing, if you have limited flexibility, that's pretty much all you will have.

Obviously not tesla, stop
Atoms with something you know nothing about

Agreed, Boccia. Life not atoms movement to. Plasma not go this hand well.

I worked in a burn unit - you have 3rd degree burns. You need to see a doctor and are in for a painful fucking experience. They will need to debried your hands to clear out the dead tissue. I think they do this to prevent sepsis. Hopefully the muscles are ok.

I'm not joking. This is NOT something you can fucking ignore. If you do decide to ignore it or whatever, please make sure to take a photo every day, for future doctors to show to people.

He is right. Go to doctor. You don't know if you have nerve damage or whatever

>And its nearly 4k you cunt.
what the fuck man, don't you have medical insurance? where do you live?

USA
>repeal and replace

It will heal. Keep it covered.
I burnt the back of my hand a few months ago and made the mistake of airing it out. It scarred really bad. Not like it matters on the palm of your hand, but still keep bandages on it.

Amputation is required if duct tape does not work.

This. Depending on the severity you may also need an IV drip to replace fluids lost during the shock.

Some people don't understand that burned area with no pain means nerves are killed

Burn unit user will verify that electrical burns are a completely different animal than heat burns.

With a heat burn, you can look at the outside and pretty much tell what's happening underneath. THe most damage is at the outer layers, and less as you go in deeper.

Electrical burns can be worse underneath because the moist tissue beneath the skin is more conductive than the skin is, and it can spread further and deeper than the visible damage to the skin. It may take a few days or a seek as the damaged tissue underneath starts to either re-heal, or die that you won't know the extent of the damage.

It is not unusual for them t have to cut through healthy tissue and undamaged skin to get to damaged tissue underneath.

A deep tissue infection can go from 0 to 60 in hours. Don't ignore any symptoms as just "not feeling well".

No doctor can fix stupidity, KYS

You'll be fine, if you go to a doctor.
you want to get a check up to make sure it didn't fuck your heart up. Electricity does some pretty messed up things to the nervous system too. I bet your arm felt floppy for a while after this, maybe a little paralyzed and buzzing. I've done the same thing with 120v far less dangerous than what you did.

Why didn't you buy insurance you dog fucking hillbilly? Was it not clear enough to you that you need it? When they fined you for NOT getting insurance, what did you think?

Fuck OBAMA he's GONA TAKE MAH GUNS #MAGA?

He already did, he just doesn't know it yet.

I stopped reading after....
>I ended up holding two wires by accented and plugging the other side into the outlet.

AHAHAHAHAHA I knew there was a reason I still come to this site

i can make 4k images aswell if a upscale 1 pixel to the correct resolution, doesnt mean it's a good picture you dumb fuck

If you are not stupid, you will go to an doctor otherwise u risk ur hand or maybe even life for 4k. And don't play with electric you idiot, its nothing to play with.

cus they are from the US, and have no money to go to doctor... A normal person from the EU would go to a doctor immediately

Wasn't me, and I'm a eurofag, just can't get to a doctor for a few hours.

US is second world country. Really uneducated, much crime, much homeless, much corruption, no medical insurance for all. Thats what defines second world countries

top kek

ah ok, sorry for the rant. bit sensitive about the election right now.

ok, please do ok?

Enjoy your cripple hand. After contact with high electricity you should always call an ambulance.

only a cuck goes to a docter

its called universal healthcare

Before this turns into ANOTHER fucking Trump thread, just take the medical-user's advice.

Electrical burns are nothing to fuck around with, and that one looks not so great.

Go to a doctor.

>only a cuck goes to a docter
Only an idiot puts pride or embarrassment before health.

> you have to plug it in upside down to reverse the effects.

I would go see a doctor else Just Keep it Clean no touchy get some Gauze on it with very light to no pressure

>just can't get to a doctor for a few hours.

Mate, I'm going to be blunt with you. It might not seem like it now on account of you being able to type on an internet message board, but this is an actual medical fucking emergency.

Whatever you're doing is not as important as fucking up you left hand.

Go to a doctor. Now.

checked

also, only an idiot spells doctor with an e

you are a zombie now

Go to an urgent care office and have it lookd at by an MD or Nurse Practitioner. It looks deep. You want to an infection. FYI: You're lucky you didn't die of electrocution.

Don't put vaseline on it btw. Get some Bio-Oil and use that. It says not to put it on broken skin but I recently burned myself with cooking oil and I used bio-oil from the start. I tried vaseline at first but it made fabrics stick and I had to rip the scabs off.

Also you're supposed to put cling film over fresh burns (unroll it a bit first so the piece you use was not exposed to the outside). Anything thicker will keep the heat in so the flesh continues being damaged. Maybe it's different for electric burns though.

>also, only an idiot spells doctor with an e
Touche.

Hoisted on my own petard by a typo.

some guys don't sit when they pee they stand, I am not one of those guys, but baby I can dance dance dance dance dance dance

How long ago did this happen? It takes awhile for the full pain of a burn to come down on your ass.

in germany you MUST stay in a hospital for at least 24h to monitor, because of the aftermath.

so as many other told you, you should go to see a doctor.

>ah ok, sorry for the rant. bit sensitive about the election right now.
Hahaha stay salty Shillaryfag

This. Photo quality has more to do with lighting and ISO than pixel count.

It will heal, may leave a scar, even being on the palm. I touched the wrong thing in a 5KW AM broadcast transmitter years ago and took 3600V from the screen, Kept the resulting burn bandaged. Still have a scar, but didn't seek medical attention. Your call on that. But you'll live. Just hurt for a bit, and the third or fourth day it will bleed a BIT.

You can always leave hospital in own risk unless someone says you psychological ill.

Dont do that OP Bio-Oil will fucking wreak havoc on your skin, the fuck dude, he has a serious condition

Burns are very prone to infection. You need medical treatment immediately. Go to A&E

>Bio-Oil will fucking wreak havoc on your skin
Why?

Here's a quick diagnosis.

The white skin is already dead. How deep that goes won't be know until it is removed or falls off.

The white areas are the entry wounds. All of the tissue between those spots underneath the skin is damaged, and possibly dead.

You have no open wounds, so the dead tissue will putrefy and release fluids that will either pool locally, and need draining, or enter the bloodstream and cause sever reactions to vital organs. Your liver, heart, and kidneys don't like dead tissue fluids, and don't react to them well.

ANY increase in temperature is a sign that you have problems other than just your hand.

You WILL need fluids, antibiotics, and medications to stabilize your system and prevent further tissue damage.

you could, but its not recommended
and if then something happens, your insurance company will fuck you up

Because of almonds obv

You're fine, just an electrical burn. Keep it clean, let your body take care of itself. DONT COVER IT. It's a minor burn so you should leave it uncovered.

This.

Go to the doc, before the doc will come to you.